Any experiences with Bioracer Aerosuit Road Race?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Fixie82

by Fixie82

I'm looking at having some custom team kit produced and specifically searching for a skinsuit with pockets that's suitable for road race and crits. This is not a time trial kit.

The response from Bioracer has been excellent and they are certainly reasonably priced. I am curious if anyone has direct experience with garment? It does look good.

The other option at the moment is the Cuore Two in One Suit. Cuore is tempting due to the tailoring options for longer sleeves, shorter torso ect in addition to the built in undershirt. Only issue is Cuore is substantially more expensive.

I've ruled out players such as Castelli, Nalini and Champ Sys.

If you have any other suggestions I'd be grateful.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Corbah makes an aerosuit with two deep pockets in the back. I got one, solid pad, nice easy correspondence with them. Worth checking out. I think the model I got was the short sleeve Peloton suit. They seemed pretty flexible on pricing after some correspondence and questions answered.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

michaelten

by michaelten

I also looked at the Bioracer RR suit (I have one of their TT skin suits as well) and not being able to find anyone that actually has them in stock I ended up going with No Pinz. They don't have them in the catalogue but get in touch with Blake and tell him what you're after and he'll make it. No minimums, custom colours, men's and women's, whatever you want.

Fixie82

by Fixie82

Excellent suggestions.

Would you both mind taking some pictures of what you ended up with? I'm really interested in seeing how the bottoms are attached to the jersey and how high the bib support goes.

nickcube

by nickcube

I brought the kern season 2 skin suit which is based off the bioracer suit. It's a bloody amazing suit, the pad is fantastic and I simply haven't found anything else that fits so well. From what I've been told, bioracer are pretty good to work with production wise too if you want to go custom, let me know if there's anything specific you like to know

Fixie82

by Fixie82

Hi Nick, thanks for the information - I have been very impressed so far with the customer service from Bioracer. I loved both seasons of the Kern suits, the second one is amazing, especially when seen with that pink fade Flanders.

I'm looking for more of a 'two piece' suit rather than a full on time trial get up. Does the Kern suit have pockets? How easy is it getting it on and off?

nickcube

by nickcube

Fixie82 wrote:Hi Nick, thanks for the information - I have been very impressed so far with the customer service from Bioracer. I loved both seasons of the Kern suits, the second one is amazing, especially when seen with that pink fade Flanders.

I'm looking for more of a 'two piece' suit rather than a full on time trial get up. Does the Kern suit have pockets? How easy is it getting it on and off?

Greg's definitely done well with both seasons, I have the first one too but that's stretched a little now, but he stepped it up a few levels by going with bioracer, ive worn this season 2 suit more then the other one and it's held its shape pretty well.

I'll attach a flick but by two piece i assume you mean the bottom zip detaches to allow easier nature breaks? It does that and the pockets are superb, I dont have any issues with getting my usual carry in just the two pockets, it supports whatever is in there without being too constrictive. It's a piece of cake getting it on too, leg grippers are grippy but other than that it's pretty good for what is a tight skinsuit
IMG_5939.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fixie82

by Fixie82

That's exactly what I'm after! Thanks for the picture, it's nigh on impossible to see that kind of detail anywhere else. Looks like I'll be getting some Bioracer stuff in the near future

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

nick, by "season 2" are you referring to this:
http://www.bioracer.com/en/team-clothin ... -proven-rr

eins4eins

by eins4eins

no input in regards to skinsuits, but when you talk about custom gear - how many pieces are we talking about?

I would love to get some custom kits done, but I could never reach minimum quantity most vendors demand. I think its 10 kits for bioracer?!

ist there anyone out there, offering quality custom kits in low quantites (1-5 sets)?

phollingswo

by phollingswo

I have this speedsuit and have been so impressed with it. We ordered some custom ones through bioracer for our team. On the downside, it took a while to actually take the delivery.

But having received it now, I have nothing but good things to say. I find the chamois extremely comfortable, the kit itself fits very well, is as aero as you would hope. Pockets are well positioned and deep enough to stuff with gels etc for the race, and deep enough that pinning numbers and blocking the pocket isn't really an issue. The leg gripping band is thick, comfy and ensures that they stay in place.

Happy to send some pictures if there's anything specific you would like to see.

nickcube

by nickcube

UpFromOne wrote:nick, by "season 2" are you referring to this:
http://www.bioracer.com/en/team-clothin ... -proven-rr

By season 2 I was referring to the second season of Kern's skin suit, he switched supplies to bioracer for the better, but that is the exact suit Kern uses for their design anyway, which is what I have

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

phollingswo wrote:I have this speedsuit and have been so impressed with it. We ordered some custom ones through bioracer for our team. On the downside, it took a while to actually take the delivery.

But having received it now, I have nothing but good things to say. I find the chamois extremely comfortable, the kit itself fits very well, is as aero as you would hope. Pockets are well positioned and deep enough to stuff with gels etc for the race, and deep enough that pinning numbers and blocking the pocket isn't really an issue. The leg gripping band is thick, comfy and ensures that they stay in place.

Happy to send some pictures if there's anything specific you would like to see.

+1

Great, tight true race fit, too. Plus, on a very hot day in the hills, having the zipper all open won't wreck your aero.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

nickcube wrote:
Fixie82 wrote:Hi Nick, thanks for the information - I have been very impressed so far with the customer service from Bioracer. I loved both seasons of the Kern suits, the second one is amazing, especially when seen with that pink fade Flanders.

Greg's definitely done well with both seasons, I have the first one too but that's stretched a little now, but he stepped it up a few levels by going with bioracer, ive worn this season 2 suit more then the other one and it's held its shape pretty well.

I'll attach a flick but by two piece i assume you mean the bottom zip detaches to allow easier nature breaks? It does that and the pockets are superb, I dont have any issues with getting my usual carry in just the two pockets, it supports whatever is in there without being too constrictive. It's a piece of cake getting it on too, leg grippers are grippy but other than that it's pretty good for what is a tight skinsuit
IMG_5939.JPG

Can't seem to find this online
Using Tapatalk

nickcube

by nickcube

Nefarious86 wrote:
nickcube wrote:

IMG_5939.JPG

Can't seem to find this online

https://shop.cyclingtips.com/collection ... 7598933640 It's just here, believe only L and XXS are left

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com