Silca SuperPista Ultimate pump failure fixed

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

kode54

by kode54

i have a SuperPista Ultimate pump. yeah...crazy. expensive. and just today, one of the fittings failed and blew apart.

apparently, there was a bad batch of material that was made to attach the fitting. someone at Silca mentioned this...and is sending me out a complete new replacement hose.
they are aware of this problem and have addressed it honestly and forthright. a stand up company.

i have to say that i would buy any one of their products because they stand behind it 100%.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JKolmo

by JKolmo

Can you please describe more in detail what "fitting" blew apart, exactly which part failed on your pump? Thanks!

kode54

by kode54

there's a fitting close to the Presta head. the part right at the green O ring...just separated and couldn't be pressed back in. new hose with fittings in place already in route to me. got an email with invoice of $0.00

hope i explained it well enough.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

JKolmo

by JKolmo

That's a good explanation! I guess the two metal prts separated by the green o ring, see pic below?

kode54

by kode54

yes, that's correct. its a swivel section that's held together by a circlip inside. old one fell apart...and eventually came apart. fixable...but they sent me a entirely new replacement hose.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

JKolmo

by JKolmo

So, now this happened to my Silca as well [emoji37]. Hope the seller or Silca will honor the warranty for me. I also hope it's just a bad batch and that the issue has been fixed...Image

BRM

by BRM

- Why is this topic in Cycle chat?

- Why not using normal capital letters in your text? Disturbing for people with normal brains. It radiates you don't have respect or interest in the ones that will read your text. It radiates you're special but then in the negative way. Can't imagine that you want to be seen like that.

- Why acting that it is special to get a replacement hose, when its your normal god damn right to get one, especially because of the absurd price on this so called premium product? There are rules and regulations in consumer laws for this besides the normal legal warranty.
You felt for an American hyped marketing product but as you see they don't seem to have normal standards in quality control.
The strange positvity you write about supporting this company is stupid imo. There is nothing beyond expectations here.

When they would really stand 100% for their products they would made an announcement on their website and recall the batch numbers of the faulty product. They choose to ignore. Also their support section/ Faq doesnt describe, neither their blog. All says enough, dont you (re-)think?

Vagabond

by Vagabond

glam2deaf wrote:Are you okay?

I was thinking the same thing. And he clearly hasn't used one or he'd know that they really are a superior product in every way. Fantastic pumps. My pump also had the bad ring that failed. Big deal. They engineered a better one, sent it to me free of charge, and the product is better for it. I guess I'm susceptible to that American marketing as well. I also have my original Silca Pista from the early eighties. Still working well. Great products and the folks in Indianapolis have only improved them.
Colnago e Campagnolo

BRM

by BRM

Vagabond wrote:
glam2deaf wrote:Are you okay?

I was thinking the same thing. And he clearly hasn't used one or he'd know that they really are a superior product in every way. Fantastic pumps. My pump also had the bad ring that failed. Big deal. They engineered a better one, sent it to me free of charge, and the product is better for it. I guess I'm susceptible to that American marketing as well. I also have my original Silca Pista from the early eighties. Still working well. Great products and the folks in Indianapolis have only improved them.

You have the same "disease" as many others here on this forum.
Troubles with understanding basic things. Troubles with balanced thinking.
We already had discussions about new Silca before on this forum
New Silca is for people with too much money and too little brains was the outcome. :?

Back to this topic.
The TS is acting if it is very special he get a new hose as service while this is a premium niche product with an absurd price. It is completely normal that you receive a new part in case of faillure, dont make it special, thats stupid. read carefully back what I said more.
Also have focus on the way they have set this product in the market with a lot of blabla its the best pump and very special one of a kind shit produced with the highest attention and best materials. And what happened? yes it failed . . . . . Again to receive a new part is the least what they can do.

How does it come you people here in this topic can't capture these basic thoughts.
You are manupulated, victims of marketing. I miss the clear thinking.

Vagabond

by Vagabond

BRM wrote:
You have the same "disease" as many others here on this forum.
Troubles with understanding basic things. Troubles with balanced thinking.
We already had discussions about new Silca before on this forum
New Silca is for people with too much money and too little brains was the outcome. :? I

Well we could have a discussion as to why I find it be a great product and worth the money but that's not your style. Instead, like too many others who hide their poor behavior behind anonymity, you'd rather toss out insults and be judgmental and boorish. Who's diseased?
Colnago e Campagnolo

BRM

by BRM

That is what I mean.
The idea of the topic starter.
He acts that it is special he got a new part after his faillure.
It is ofcourse not special at all.

Why don't you get that?
Its easy to understand isnt it?

How does it come people ignore the facts and just talk in other directions.

My first post is very easy to follow and very true.
read again, stop ignoring.

The hosanna hosanna where this pump is promoted with. The focus on the extreme quality and the failure that happened with the TS and others is not in line. I see friction in that. Don't you?

I bring in here a comment, stuff to think about and the stupid reaction I get is: Are you ok.
Dont start with that I dont discuss normal, look to your own behaviour.

You are like Apple users. They also are victims of marketinghypes and still are delirious after their device broke.

Ignoring of facts, strange interpretations, not reading well, living in own worlds that is the common disease on this forum.
Its everywhere visible.

I aint going to do another discussion on the so called quality of this product because as said that is already done here on this forum. If you are interested, just do a search.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

@brm So just clear up one thing for me. Who died so that in the last two years since youve joined decided to make you the "fun police?"
You dont like the topic? Ignore and move on. Its a simple, adult response.

AJS914

by AJS914

New Silca is for people with too much money and too little brains was the outcome.

That is your personal and insulting opinion. Your value judgement on how to use money is besides the point. Insulting people is just uncalled for and adds nothing to the conversation.

One could make the same comment about the $6000 frames on this forum. One could say that they are no faster than a $2000 frame and that the buyer has "too little brains".

Typically, when you insult people they don't listen to anything else you have to say.

You are like Apple users. They also are victims of marketinghypes

Some people think Apple products are superior and easier to use and worth the price premium. Apple products certainly get 1000X less malware and viruses than Windows.

Every manufactured product can break.

BRM

by BRM

Leviathan wrote:@brm So just clear up one thing for me. Who died so that in the last two years since youve joined decided to make you the "fun police?"
You dont like the topic? Ignore and move on. Its a simple, adult response.

You dont like my posts?
Ignore and move on. Its a simple, adult response.

What is funny is that you are the second one today that doesnt have the brains that where he comes with also counts for himself.

Also is funny that you dont react on the subject but only on my person.

People here can't handle a response that is different than they expect.
You people can only "discuss" things with people that have exactly the same thoughts.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com