So I have a new set of Vittoria Qurano Graphene wheels, which came with Shimano/SRAM Freewheel Body. I use Campy all-around and therefore bought a SwicthIT Vittoria Campy 11-speed Freewheel Body.
Life was good until I opened accessories' bag and started reading the instructions which, apart from confusingly bad translation are geared towards covering everything under the sun. The Freewheel Bodies on Vittoria wheels come with a thing aluminum spacer that comes in a separate bag and according to the instructions is supposed to be placed on the axle before adding the Freewheel Body and a locking nut. My confusion come from the fact that:
1. the spacer is a bit loose when placed on the axle (albeit things seem to fit fine, when assembled)
2. some online shops say the ring is for 10-speed Freewheel Bodies only
3. the instructions say (in bold) that the wheels should NEVER be used without that spacer
4. out of the box, the SRAM SwicthIT body came pre-assembled without the spacer (why?..)
5. any videos on SwicthIT bodies' assembly (when paused), do not seem to features the said spacer on those axles
6. Vittoria has zero technical info on its wheels. All there is is a FAQ on 'what is PSI'
7. I did write to Vittoria Tech Support but it looks like Italy is on winter vacation
If anyone can shed some light on this - it would be hugely appreciated!
Happy New Year, All!