2017 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Rondje

by Rondje

rkan wrote:
Rondje wrote:
nfecyle wrote:I assume everybody in peloton will try to slow down or stop to avoid crash?

It'snot that they are crashing for fun. Everyone always tries to avoid it, but shit happens when you put 100+ guys grouped togeter at high speed.

According to probably every countries' laws having safety margins on public roads is mandated by law. However much like in automotive sports, where safety margins don't exist, they don't exist in (road) cycling.. :noidea:

But isn't the issue that those safety margins on open roads are build to avoid people from speeding? Which is exactly what cyclists do in races when those roads are closed. Everything they do to make roads safer, make it less safe when you organise races on those same road. And you can't change an entire road for a race that comes by 1 time a year.

Willier

by Willier

Valverde aka. "Mr. in form Feb-Octob". won Vuelta Murcia with 70km solo attack...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jhong

by Jhong

Sesons coming soon!
-From South korea cyclist! :-)

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

Willier wrote:Valverde aka. "Mr. in form Feb-Octob". won Vuelta Murcia with 70km solo attack...

:lol:

funny how years ago, after failing to successfuly challenge Lance in the Tour, some commentators said he's a "wasted talent"
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

Fiery

by Fiery

martinko wrote:I am sorry for bringing this up, but can someone explain me, please? I don't know much about Puerto, but I don't get conclusions in this old cyclingnews article:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/dekker- ... es-ledger/

This paragraph:
Tyler Hamilton, another Fuentes client, sparked suspicion that Cancellara could be 'Luigi' when he described his group heckling the person who used that code name at the 2008 Tour of California.

So the Hamilton pointed out that Cancellara could be 'Luigi'.

But few paragraphs later:
Dekker's assertions appear to put the recently retired Cancellara in the clear, and show that Hamilton was incorrect in his identification of 'Luigi'. Dekker never raced the Tour of California.

Please, how may Hamilton have been incorrect in his identification of 'Luigi', when he was not accusing Dekker (who had never raced the ToC), when he was accusing Cancellara who raced there. That is contradiction. Moreover, when they put a quote from Lance pointing the nickname to Cancellara.

I don't get this article. One thing said in the beginning, later statements shows it is incorrect, and then, in the conclusion, the author forgets about these statements?

EDIT: I am not about to accuse Cancellara, I just find it ridiculous how the author ignores logic.

The article says that Hamilton idenfied the wrong rider as Luigi. If what Dekker is saying is true, Hamilton and his friends heckled the wrong guy at the Tour of California. It's not that Dekker not riding ToC is proof that Hamilton is wrong, it's that if Dekker is right, Hamilton was wrong at ToC.

martinko

by martinko

Now I got it, thanks. My presumption, when reading that, was that there surely was Luigi at the ToC, only that Hamilton accused wrong one and should have accused Dekker. Which was impossible when Dekker had not been there. Now I understand that the author assumed, based on the Dekker's confession, that Hamilton had just pointed finger at an innocent victim when the suspect hadn't been there. Ok, fine, that makes sense.

But still, I don't get why he did that. They didn't know each other's nicknames? Who knows, I don't, just having fun twisting my mind...

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Willier wrote:Valverde aka. "Mr. in form Feb-Octob". won Vuelta Murcia with 70km solo attack...

By 2:10 nonetheless

http://zonacycling.com/video-del-salto- ... rcia-2017/

jooo

by jooo

@martinko - the name 'Luigi' seems to have popped up a bit, probably related to a number of riders and not just Dekker.

Joining some dots, it seems Luigi Cecchini has trained an interesting list of riders...

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Swannie wrote:
Dr.Dos wrote:Mathieu is the man regardless.

The man that wont be wearing the rainbow stripes. Wout is thé man for next season 8) 8)

Wout will be working on his technique like a maniac this summer. Two great races, Koppenberg and Bieles, are not enough.

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Swannie wrote:

The man that wont be wearing the rainbow stripes. Wout is thé man for next season 8) 8)

Wout will be working on his technique like a maniac this summer. Two great races, Koppenberg and Bieles, are not enough. Fortunately he has his head high and didn't lose his smile.

Rondje

by Rondje

Dr.Dos wrote:
Swannie wrote:

Wout will be working on his technique like a maniac this summer. Two great races, Koppenberg and Bieles, are not enough. Fortunately he has his head high and didn't lose his smile.

His seasons is saved thanks to Mathieu's injury. I wonder how much races he won if Mathieu did the entire season from start. Since the WC you see hes tired and can't get the focus anymore to stay close to Mathieu.

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Rondje wrote:
Dr.Dos wrote:
Swannie wrote:

His seasons is saved thanks to Mathieu's injury. I wonder how much races he won if Mathieu did the entire season from start. Since the WC you see hes tired and can't get the focus anymore to stay close to Mathieu.

"Het fenomeen", no doubt.

Larsje had a great day as well. I'm really happy he was able to finish off the season with these results.

Rondje

by Rondje

Yep, Lars and MvdP seems to be the only guys that are still relatively fresh. Lars could have made the season a lot more fun on the courses that suite him.

micky

by micky

martinko wrote:Now I got it, thanks. My presumption, when reading that, was that there surely was Luigi at the ToC, only that Hamilton accused wrong one and should have accused Dekker. Which was impossible when Dekker had not been there. Now I understand that the author assumed, based on the Dekker's confession, that Hamilton had just pointed finger at an innocent victim when the suspect hadn't been there. Ok, fine, that makes sense.

But still, I don't get why he did that. They didn't know each other's nicknames? Who knows, I don't, just having fun twisting my mind...

If you google a bit there's a bit of info; it seems there was a Clasicomano and a Clasicomano Luigi both linked to either Dekker or Cancellara.
But again, you can find a lot of info on google.

Today Felline won the Trofeo Laigueglia with a very nice move near the end and no one could follow, while Cort Nielsen at Almeira won in a small bunch sprint.
These 2 riders should be riders to watch for this year.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

who called it? wiggins fractures legs during ski jumping endevour

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/wiggins ... ign=buffer

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com