Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:48 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6840 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1308 309 310 311 312456 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:07 pm 

Rondje wrote:
I think he means the we way they "work" with press. Only letting in selected journalists, giving them not a lot of chances to ask questions, blacklisting journalists if they say something that doesn't suite them, etc.

If one of those journalists got sued for writing a true story I think they'd certainly consider it part of how it is to 'work' with that team. Otherwise it'd bring to mind the phrase "Apart from that Mrs Kennedy, how did you like Dallas?"

{USERNAME} wrote:
That are simply ways to cover up bad stuff and force journalists to avoid questions they don't like because if not, they won't be welcome again. And how can a journalist do his job if he can't ask questions to a race leader, or the leading team?

Oh yeah, it's pretty stupid and self defeating conduct. Brailsford needs someone to give him a good slap and make him get his shit together. But it's not as bad as Armstrong.

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:07 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:12 pm 

wingguy wrote:
... deserve special treatment in terms of exclusion from the Tour. Not because of the everybody-did-it doping, but because of the careers he destroyed and people he tried to ruin in the course of the coverup of his doping. It gave the appearance of borderline sociopathy, IMO.

The same might also be true of Brailsford. Due to his cover-up of the Jiffy back saga he has effectively ruined the career of RIchard Freeman and Simon Cope. Similarly whist he has presided over success at British cycling, the price for that success has come at the expense of other athletes who have been ruthlessly pushed aside and discarded despite their talent. Ask Nicole Cooke what she thinks of him for example. He has managed to keep his true colours under wraps for some time through his use of bullshit MBA management speak. However now, as the pressure builds and his downfall has begun, his really personality is coming through. A bully and sociopath.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:34 pm 

maquisard wrote:
Similarly whist he has presided over success at British cycling, the price for that success has come at the expense of other athletes who have been ruthlessly pushed aside and discarded despite their talent.

True - but since that process has been revealed to have been mirrored at numerous other GB sports bodies whose continued funding is based solely around Olympic success it seems that the rot is coming from even higher up in the system.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:37 pm 

Whatever the case I think that Brailsford should leave Sky. He has achieved a lot and can be proud. However it has come to the point when he is the story rather than what the riders are doing in the race. Everything in life is just for a while, and Brailsford's tenure is coming to an end.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:38 pm 

wingguy wrote:
Since I qualified the statement in two ways that made it clear I wasn't offering a clinical diagnosis (like, duh :roll: ) your question is moot.

Just interested as ironically one of the characteristics of sociopathy is making unqualified diagnoses of sociopathy in others.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:42 pm 

People stop your jibber-jabber! 20mph wind forecast for tomorrow's stage, watch for the Belgians at the front of the peloton!

Pegoretti Responsorium, Parlee Z5i, Donhou Commuter, 1946 MacLeans Featherweight L'Eroica!, 2x MTB 'dales

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:46 pm 

jeffy wrote:
wingguy wrote:
Since I qualified the statement in two ways that made it clear I wasn't offering a clinical diagnosis (like, duh :roll: ) your question is moot.

Just interested as ironically one of the characteristics of sociopathy is making unqualified diagnoses of sociopathy in others.

As broad brushes go, that's about as useful as saying one of the characteristics of sociopathy is being a living, breathing human. It is, but it's also a characteristic of everyone else.

Besides, one of the real recognised characteristics of a sociopath is the projection of a charming persona. So that's me out :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:47 pm 

bikewithnoname wrote:
People stop your jibber-jabber! 20mph wind forecast for tomorrow's stage, watch for the Belgians at the front of the peloton!

Damn. AG2R might have played their card too early - everyone will be watching them now!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:38 pm 

"Just interested as ironically one of the characteristics of sociopathy is making unqualified diagnoses of sociopathy in others"

Geeez.. and I thought is was 'lawyering up'. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:45 pm 

As long as people are talking about DB's behavior at a press conference, they're not talking about Wiggins, Jiffy bags, TUE's, Landa vs. Froome and so on. Well played Sir DB.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:46 pm 

BTW did anyone manage to find pics of Kwiato being the domestique of the year carrying like 15 bidons at stage 15?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:05 pm 

That was hilarious. Frankly I'm amazed that a Castelli jersey was strong enough to handle it. Maybe they get a specially reinforced one on the days it's their job? :P

Also reminded me of Cav very conspicuously doing it a few years back when he really needed to convince the team to chase and set up a sprint a day or two later...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:16 pm 

Multebear wrote:
BTW did anyone manage to find pics of Kwiato being the domestique of the year carrying like 15 bidons at stage 15?

gif link

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:33 am 

ooo wrote:
Multebear wrote:

gif link

Wow, almost perfect loop! Towards the end of the loop he passes a lot of AG2R guys. It would be perfect if he would only pedal past them in the gif. :)

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:33 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:24 am 

Lance made an interesting point in his latest podcast - he only got one puncture during his 7 TDFs.

Given this, it's odd that Froome has had so many issues with his bikes this Tour and other races. The gear isn't radically different to other teams (other than the O rings), so why does it keep happening?

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6840 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1308 309 310 311 312456 Next