2017 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Liggero

by Liggero

Lance Armstrong never tested positive, LOL

Valverde has never been as good as before getting busted, reminds me of the Schleck brothers. RE-LOL

Tee jay van garderen is the number one favorite for the tour de france; RE-RE-LOL
Happy Trails !!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Liggero

by Liggero

verbally abused him? haha. Maybe GIlbert should make a list of the non-verbally abused riders, the list would be much shorter.
Happy Trails !!!

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Kimmage wrote a good piece on this this week
http://www.independent.ie/sport/columni ... 45369.html

I've seen too much to believe that anyone winning big in cycling is squeaky clean so I reserve that part but I'd still rather watch Gilbert than Valverde any day regardless of any doping discussion :beerchug:

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

MattSoutherden wrote:Valverde making Gilbert's annus mirabilis look like an amateur effort.

flanders + amstel vs fleche + LBL

i'm leaning toward flanders + amstel

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

50+km solo ride + outsmarting a smartass vs. 2x KOM

Gilbert all the way for me!
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

I meant Gilbert's 2011 season where he won everything.

Valverde has also won 3 big stage races as well this year. Including 3 stages, mountain classification, and the overall of Catalunya.
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

Liggero

by Liggero

post deleted - offensive
Happy Trails !!!

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

Liggero wrote:Removed the quote as original above removed by mods

Seriously?

Stay off the drugs.
Last edited by MattSoutherden on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

ultyguy

by ultyguy

First off, Valverde will be #1 for Movi at the Tour, just you wait. The parcours couldn't have been drawn any better for him, they even have stage time bonuses and a lack of high altitude climbing (his achilles).

Movi rode a very smart race on Sunday in order to let that early break hang out there for soooo long and kept a very light pace that by the time they got caught no one could counter w/ any sizable group because the bunch would be reasonably fresh and everyone would chase it down. They wanted a full group gallop to the line in Ans, they got it, Valverde crushed it. Brilliant plan, well executed.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

ultyguy wrote:First off, Valverde will be #1 for Movi at the Tour, just you wait.

AFAIK, whatever one might think of him, he deserves the yellow like no one else ever has. and despite the fact it's arguably Valv's best season so far, his age is his worst enemy and this might be literally both his best and last chance at winning the Tour
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

The dude did all 3 Grand Tours last year and was right up there in all of them, it's very impressive in any regard.
http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/ri ... &current=0

boysa

by boysa

If everyone in your company left work early every day, and one day the boss catches you and sends you packing, would you feel you did something wrong? If everyone you knew cheated on their taxes, and you were the only one to get caught and forced to pay fines, would you feel guilty? I'm not trying to be argumentative, just bringing up a serious point. I used to feel the same way about those who didn't show remorse, but now I see it a bit differently.

These days I have no stomach for the other ones, the ones who ONLY show remorse after they get caught (and write a book about it). Those are the ones who are full of s**t.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

wingguy

by wingguy

nathanong87 wrote:
MattSoutherden wrote:Valverde making Gilbert's annus mirabilis look like an amateur effort.

flanders + amstel vs fleche + LBL

Fleche + LBL + Andalucia + Catalunya + Paes Vasco... :wink:

One thing about Valverde may be that he's the only genuine Grand Tour winner/podium calibre rider who doesn't dedicate the entire first half of the season to building for the Tour or Giro and targets the classics and spanish stage race in their own right.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rondje

by Rondje

Pfff, Offredo attacked with a baseball bat and some sort of knife on training...
https://www.facebook.com/yoann.offredo/ ... 5975883680