2017 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

elSid

by elSid

I like the Bahrain Merida kits more and more.

Also, every piece of Sportful clothing I've worn has been excellent. I know that not everyone shares this opinion.

simoncx

by simoncx

ooo wrote:4 laps @ 38:49 is ok by rules, 5 laps @ 48:31 is too much

I think 5 laps would have been perfect length, probably more like 47-48 mins and aren't the uci world cup rules 40 min and 50 max? The mens race on the other hand should have been 1 lap less since wout came through the finish at 60 mins before the last lap.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ooo

by ooo

You are correct about elite/elite+u23 womans race timing, probably first 2 laps leader was not fast enough

Last edited by ooo on Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
'

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

It should have been 5 laps for the women.

Rondje

by Rondje

simoncx wrote:
ooo wrote:4 laps @ 38:49 is ok by rules, 5 laps @ 48:31 is too much

I think 5 laps would have been perfect length, probably more like 47-48 mins and aren't the uci world cup rules 40 min and 50 max? The mens race on the other hand should have been 1 lap less since wout came through the finish at 60 mins before the last lap.
Elite mens World cup race is always around 60 minutes + 1 lap. All other mens races should be around 60 minutes max.

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

I think Trump would call this 'alternative facts'
He didn't use any puffs when he needed them on the bike, but after the race to look good on television.....
Applause for the lawyer who invented this excuse :evil:

bilwit

by bilwit

Seems ludicrous, we're talking about over TWICE the allowed amount not "oops he took an extra puff on accident." Even if that were true, precedence dictates that he should serve a 9-month "reduced" suspension and lose the Vuelta title.

pastronef

by pastronef

BMC will use Shimano powermeters with Garmin units, no more SRM for them

I think FDJ too will use Shimano powermeters

Willier

by Willier

Kristoff already has a Colnago Concept in euro champ colour

Looks like Aru is on a plain black bike and the rest of the team on c60 and v-2r bikes

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Not a huge fan of the Colnago Concept, but that white one underneath Kristoff does look pretty sweet.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

AJS914

by AJS914

I'm beginning to wonder if Froome was setup. It makes no sense to take dozens of puffs of an inhaler. It's not going to help more or make you faster. You can't imagine that he'd take the more potent pill form once during a race.

Or, the BB had the drug in it and it was a doping mistake.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

BB must have had A TON of salbutamol to have that kind of concentration in urine. Whatever they were actually doing, the echo positive thing is the least believable.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

ave

by ave

I cough after races too. I never thought much about it, but maybe I need to use Salbutamol too... f****** idiot.

bilwit

by bilwit

AJS914 wrote:I'm beginning to wonder if Froome was setup. It makes no sense to take dozens of puffs of an inhaler. It's not going to help more or make you faster. You can't imagine that he'd take the more potent pill form once during a race.

There are anabolic properties if an extreme amount is taken like, let's say, over 100% of the UCI limit. Go ahead and google "salbutamol anabolic". There's also the possibility that it was used as a masking agent for something else as well. Not sure about what delivery system they actually chose but in any case, over 200% isn't a "woops, one too many puffs ha-ha-ha" mistake.

Hawkwood

by Hawkwood

bilwit wrote:
AJS914 wrote:I'm beginning to wonder if Froome was setup. It makes no sense to take dozens of puffs of an inhaler. It's not going to help more or make you faster. You can't imagine that he'd take the more potent pill form once during a race.

There are anabolic properties if an extreme amount is taken like, let's say, over 100% of the UCI limit. Go ahead and google "salbutamol anabolic". There's also the possibility that it was used as a masking agent for something else as well. Not sure about what delivery system they actually chose but in any case, over 200% isn't a "woops, one too many puffs ha-ha-ha" mistake.
According to this book it only has an anabolic effect if its taken orally: Medical Toxicology of Drug Abuse: Synthesized Chemicals and Psychoactive Plants
By Donald G. Barceloux.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com