2017 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Can't blame anyone for still wearing the r320's, outstanding shoe and for my feet one of the only shoes to properly do the wider toe box without adding a ton of volume throughout the rest of the shoe. Works great if you like some room for yours toes to spread but you don't actually have a high volume foot overall.

Wish they still made them for us regular folks
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rondje

by Rondje

LottoNL always manages to crash somehow. Looked weird, blocking of the front brake or braked to hard?

bilwit

by bilwit

is Dennis riding for GC here for BMC?

EDIT: looks like they're going for TJVG again... shame

Tomstr

by Tomstr

Miss Vos wearing a new type of Giro, probably Air Attack mkII

https://scontent.fams1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5A2B2067

I had to get used to the first Air Attack but it worked out fine, up to owning one and repainting it. But this one makes her look like the mushroom from Super Mario. :-/
Ride it like you stole it

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Tomstr wrote:Miss Vos wearing a new type of Giro, probably Air Attack mkII

I had to get used to the first Air Attack but it worked out fine, up to owning one and repainting it. But this one makes her look like the mushroom from Super Mario. :-/

I think Giro are calling that the Vanquish. It debuted on BMC and Katusha riders at the TdF last month. I expect we'll hear more about it at Eurobike.

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Vos and Pauline Ferrand-Prevot are both back on form, although perhaps not at their respective all-conquering peak fitness just yet.

Will be interesting to see how they do against the likes of Boels-Dolmans next year.

53x12

by 53x12

BdaGhisallo wrote:

I think Giro are calling that the Vanquish. It debuted on BMC and Katusha riders at the TdF last month. I expect we'll hear more about it at Eurobike.

Yeah the Giro Vanquish was shown off at the end of June prior to the TdF.

http://www.velonews.com/2017/06/bikes-a ... our_441976
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

petal666

by petal666

What with Pros crashing and not checking their chain when they remount? Sure you have just crashed and are all flustered, but how hard is it?

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

53x12 wrote:
BdaGhisallo wrote:

Yeah the Giro Vanquish was shown off at the end of June prior to the TdF.

http://www.velonews.com/2017/06/bikes-a ... our_441976
Dents in a promo shot lid, nice haha.
Using Tapatalk

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

petal666 wrote:What with Pros crashing and not checking their chain when they remount? Sure you have just crashed and are all flustered, but how hard is it?

Take it from me, shit ain't in logical progression when you crash. Especially in a TT.

Cut them some slack.
Last edited by Tinea Pedis on Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

petal666

by petal666

But it happens ALL the time. These guys have crashed before. maybe 5% of the time they check. 90% off the time they hero on and then get straight back off again.

Multebear

by Multebear

Didn't QS win the TTT world champs last year? Didn't they get a rainbow striped jersey? And if so, why didn't they wear it in the vuelta TTT?

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

I thought the TTT WC was more of just a sticker you get to put on your team bus? Rather than an actual jersey.

Rondje

by Rondje

You don't get a rainbow jersey in the world's TTT and aren't alloud to show it in any way. You get a medal and that's all.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ave

by ave

There are not rainbow jerseys for the TTT.
It would look stupid, if 3 of them wear the jersey, while others, who did not race last year in the w/c, ride in team kit.
It would also look stupid if a new, 2017 signings would get a jersey, while he was perhaps racing in another team, which got 9th last year in the team TT w/c.

The current individual TT world champion can wear his rainbow jersey in a TTT, but Tony Martin is not racing the Vuelta.