2017 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

nathanong87 wrote:pro est tenderloins in the game. Boonen king of shredded

please note, the gap between big short and leg when tendon are shredding.

Styby very close:

And don't think it's only us stalking and drooling, check Bobby J's comment: https://www.instagram.com/p/BR-9IzUlheh/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wingguy

by wingguy

jeffy wrote:wait .... the H1 Trek's have 1 cm more BB drop?

Comparing it to his old bike. That specific Trek has 1cm more BB drop than the Defy SL that Giant riders use for Roubaix.

Calnago wrote:Ha! Where's the fly swatter when you need it.

He didn't need it. Blew past like the kid had flat tyres :P

I never thought we'd see Gilbert in this sort of form again. He crushed it today.

martinko

by martinko

Was it ok to ride on the sidewalk today? :) I know riders use sidewalks often when there are cobbles, while there is a rule against it, but not everytime is someone whining about it on Twitter.

jeffy

by jeffy

nathanong87 wrote:that time i tried racing gilbert (not me really, but i wish it was)

lucky he didn't try it with derpstra

Attermann

by Attermann

That would be some wheel sucking and spitting
Last edited by Frankie - B on Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: deleted the quote

Rondje

by Rondje

Seriously don't get all the hate. That guy tried to win the race in his only possible way, just like Soren did when he was skipping.

Multebear

by Multebear

Rondje wrote:Seriously don't get all the hate. That guy tried to win the race in his only possible way, just like Soren did when he was skipping.

If spitting is a shortcut to winning races, I really need to mix up my game...

Btw Brian Holm, one of the DS of Quickstep, defended Terpstras spitting incident. He wrote on instagram in danish, that if you don't like cycling when it's best with all the drama it has to offer, then go watch dancing with the stars or women's handball.

jeffy

by jeffy

real men spit in other men's faces .... it seems.

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

Nobody suggested he was.

Unless you value Brian Holm's opinion, I suppose.
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

Rondje

by Rondje

The hate towards Terpstra seemed to be because he didn't help Sagan to win his race. If he really spitted He should be banned for the RVV in my opinion. But All I've heard so far was Soren saying it and nothing else.
And did Holm actually said the spitting, or did he only talk about the drama? Which might as well be about Sagan's complaining.

KB

by KB

Anyone spitting at another rider should be banned. It's disgusting.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

is everyone sure that actual saliva flew from terpstras mouth? "spit in the face of _____ " can be an idiom to mean 'to show extreme contempt or scorn for'

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Today Quick-Step team is doing a recon on the Tour of Flanders.
Boonen is riding hin personalised Tarmac bikes with new Dura-Ace di2 and normal rimbrakes.
Keisse is riding the new Specialized Roubaix...well sort of...as it stil has the old Dura-Ace AND rimbrakes.
I guess they are not so sure of disc brakes after all as Keisse was testing the Roubaix bike with disc at GP Le Samyn and the Musseeuw Classic the week after the Omloop Het Volk.
Meaning I'm not against disc brakes at all (as I'm building my own Kuota Khan disc with Etap hrd) BUT it's a bit stupid Specialized makes us believe Boonen and his team are so convinced about this 'new' technology at the beginning of the season and when the big racers are there, they suddenly lost their convinction?
On the other hand Terpstra is still on his Venge Vias disc.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/quick-step-on-sagan-we-try-to-win-but-if-we-dont-win-then-he-loses/

Wilfried Peeters - QS DS wrote:We try to win… but if we don’t win then he (Sagan) loses

I see a heavy contender in the "dumbest quote of the year" contest :roll:
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spud

by spud

a pointless and stupid escalation. Sagan can easily reply, "At the end of spring, I'm sure nobody will ask why you didn't win any big classics. That will really help you find a new team sponsor"

What's certain is that everyone else has figured out the game, and will not wait for the finale to go on the attack. Very strong possibilities of creating a deadlock behind.

Rhetorical question - What's worse for Quickstep - losing to Sagan, or GVA?