2017 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

euan

by euan

Rondje wrote:Manchester United with over 500 million in debt while both still spending loads of money ain't really financial fairplay either.

I think using Manchester United's debt against it is a bit naive given how that debt came about. The Glazers borrowed the money to buy the club then passed the debt onto the club. The club itself still has the highest turnover in football and made a small loss last year. Though if the Glazer's didn't take that huge dividend...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

euan

by euan

When does the CX season start again? :beerchug:

petal666

by petal666

@ooo that just cable management at the front end, not cable entry into the top tube. It's only designed for brake cable, not brake and di2

velomane

by velomane

bikewithnoname wrote:Looking forward to the Vuelta, should be a good line up

Agreed. I hope TomD is riding this one.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

TD not riding but the Froome vs Contador will be more interesting than it was at the Tour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

wingguy wrote:No, it makes total sense. If only an AG2R DS had told Bardet he had to ride at a higher power for the whole TT he'd have made up that 2 minutes easy. He only rode slower because he didnt know he had to ride faster, obviously :P

hahahaha... yea, exactly. here's the plan, do 650 watts the whole ride. There's the number, hit it and you'll win... so simple.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

petal666 wrote:@ooo that just cable management at the front end, not cable entry into the top tube. It's only designed for brake cable, not brake and di2

What exactly is your question? When I read the first question, I thought you were asking how the cables were managed, similar to @ooo, I'm guessing. Now, I'm guessing that the question pertains more to that physical hole int he frame... it seems like you're suggesting that the standard hole is only for brake cable, correct? Is there any sort of frame port covering or ferrule at the hole? if so, it's probably simple enough to drill it just a bit to let the Di2 wire slide in alongside the brake cable. Even if the brake cable is going directly into the frame with no ferrule, I still wouldn't put it past professional team mechanics to simply drill the frame and modify it to do so. Remember these guys aren't concerned with warranty. If they want to drill a frame, they do it. I know that many of the Specialized teams were drilling the openings of the top tube slightly to wire di2 like this a few years ago and now Specialized has adjusted the frames accordingly to do this as is. As a further example, look at the Specialized teams running Shiv TT bikes. The Shiv was designed around mechanical TT cables, before Di2 was even prevalent at all. It was designed to have many of the cables exposed, you look at the pro TT bikes and everything is now internal, all modified by the mechanics. Bodnar's Shiv shows no exposed cables in the cockpit area.

spartan

by spartan

third year a pure aero frame has won the tour. froomey is aero weenie used aero bars(pro stealth). nice ..

btw i read in tour mag international tested against a madone 9 in the tunnel matched it lowest drag number ever recorded. well done pina. well done.

Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

WinterRider

by WinterRider

Interesting chain ring.. ? What is that?
Litespeed 2000 Appalachian 61 cm
Litespeed 1998 Blue Ridge 61cm

Fitness rider.. 1 yr from seven decades age.

That is my story and I'm stick'n to it.

wingguy

by wingguy

Jimbo1983 wrote:Why would Chris Froome win British Sportsman of the year though? He barely wins anything. Winning the TDF a few times hardly makes you some kind of hero if you win almost nothing else.

Wait, what? I mean seriously... what?

2013 TdF, Dauphine, Romandie, Crit International, Oman; 2014 Romandie, Oman, Dauphine points; 2015 TdF + Polka, Dauphine, Andalucia; 2016 TdF, Dauphine, Sun Tour and that's not even getting into stages, podiums and other prizes. Which other Grand Tour winners are currently out there getting more results?

His 2013 alone stacks up to Valverde's miraculous 2017 except with a TdF instead of LBL.

Rondje

by Rondje

euan wrote:
Rondje wrote:Manchester United with over 500 million in debt while both still spending loads of money ain't really financial fairplay either.

I think using Manchester United's debt against it is a bit naive given how that debt came about. The Glazers borrowed the money to buy the club then passed the debt onto the club. The club itself still has the highest turnover in football and made a small loss last year. Though if the Glazer's didn't take that huge dividend...

Last football post of me. It's not naive, I doubt they where in financial wealth before they got bought. And borrowing money is part of the game. Arsenal did the same for Emirates stadium but isn't in big amount of debts snd they don't spend 100 million on 1 player while being in debt. I know the turnover for Manchester is huge so the debt is relatively small but I'd say pay a big part of the debt first to get it on a normal level and spend loads after. The current football transfer game is 1 big bubble waiting to pop.

wingguy

by wingguy

Haydn wrote:
wingguy wrote:Yet Manchester United and Real Madrid have the biggest fan clubs in world sport :wink:

Both of those clubs operate as businesses though right :?: Not follies owned by billionaires throwing in money

So the fans are ok with sports teams buying all the best players and spending their way to the top as long as some mega rich owners are making money on it instead of spending money on it? Don't know many people who think like that to be honest! :wink:

Rondje

by Rondje

wingguy wrote:
Jimbo1983 wrote:Why would Chris Froome win British Sportsman of the year though? He barely wins anything. Winning the TDF a few times hardly makes you some kind of hero if you win almost nothing else.

Wait, what? I mean seriously... what?

2013 TdF, Dauphine, Romandie, Crit International, Oman; 2014 Romandie, Oman, Dauphine points; 2015 TdF + Polka, Dauphine, Andalucia; 2016 TdF, Dauphine, Sun Tour and that's not even getting into stages, podiums and other prizes. Which other Grand Tour winners are currently out there getting more results?

His 2013 alone stacks up to Valverde's miraculous 2017 except with a TdF instead of LBL.

All respect to his wins, but wins in 2013, 2014, 2015 don't count for British Sportsman of the year 2017. This year his entire season is focust on 1 race, as long as he delivers it's fine, if he doesn't his whole season is to sh*t while he could have won a few other races.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

WinterRider wrote:Interesting chain ring.. ? What is that?

Those are osymetric chainrings.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

AJS914

by AJS914

So, couldn't Bardet lose the podium if say Sky delivers Landa and Froome to the line in the top 25 but AG2R/Bardet are around 50th with a single 3 second gap from one rider in between?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com