2017 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Is Landa to Movistar a lock as is being made out in press? If Aru goes UAE it'd be better to see him back at Astana imho (all implications considered ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Multebear

by Multebear

AJS914 wrote:
Antoine wrote:
1415chris wrote:Shame that French showed, not the first time, how ignorant, disrespectful and hatred they are.

ignorant of what ? people just don't like Froome

Yeah, but for what reason? They hate him because he dominates the Tour and isn't French?

+ 1.

I don't get all the hate towards Froome. He is an excellent GT rider. Boring? Maybe. But don't hate the player, hate the game. He's found the winning formula. Nothing else. At the end of the day, it's all about winning. And he's very good at that.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

I for one would love to see SKY/Landa trying to get that second over Bardet
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

Haydn

by Haydn

How could anyone not route for Bardet?!?

antonioiglesius

by antonioiglesius

I know it's against protocol but I too think it'll be cool to see Landa on the podium. Only because it's -a- second, feels like there should still be a fight over that.

And the tremendous atmosphere of the stadium was marred by the boos, I'm disappointed with the spectators. They could have just kept quiet instead and still make their point.

maquisard

by maquisard

Worth pointing out that the French booed both Antequil and Hinault in the past when they were dominating the Tour. It isn't because Frrome is British and rides for Sky.

No one likes dominance, especially when much of it is down to 'financial doping' aka buy up the opposition!

TonyM

by TonyM

maquisard wrote:Worth pointing out that the French booed both Antequil and Hinault in the past when they were dominating the Tour. It isn't because Frrome is British and rides for Sky.

No one likes dominance, especially when much of it is down to 'financial doping' aka buy up the opposition!

+1

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

The French boo anyone that isn't French, they invented the partisan crowd. Although I must say in rugby at least they tend to turn on thier own very quickly when they play like crap, although for some reason they were cheering Bardet despite his terrible performance
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

ave

by ave

How about the fact that Uran only lost 3 seconds in the whole Tour de France barring stage 1?

He was 51 seconds down from Froome after stage 1.
And now, after losing 25s in the TT, he is 54 seconds down on overall.

So, if there were no TTs, we would have a different winner. Of course that's a stupid thing to say, the race would have been totally different.
But cerainly discourages having long TTs, I'd think.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

AJS914 wrote:Visions of Laurent Fignon's ITT in 1989 today.

It's interesting that ITTs generate more differences in time than the climbs. You would think in this day and age they would plot the effort and power needed minute by minute over the course so that a rider Bardet could just ride to those numbers for pacing.

I don't think you even remotely understand just how hard it is to do a TT on the limit and hit the "number".

Hellgate

by Hellgate

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
AJS914 wrote:Visions of Laurent Fignon's ITT in 1989 today.

It's interesting that ITTs generate more differences in time than the climbs. You would think in this day and age they would plot the effort and power needed minute by minute over the course so that a rider Bardet could just ride to those numbers for pacing.

I don't think you even remotely understand just how hard it is to do a TT on the limit and hit the "number".
I couldn't have said it better...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

TonyM

by TonyM

Happy for Froome that he could show his talent!
And a very good performance from M. Landa again! I am very keen to see what he can do in the GC if he would have not worked as a domestique for Sky! It is really time for him to change the team!

TonyM

by TonyM

bikewithnoname wrote:The French boo anyone that isn't French, they invented the partisan crowd. Although I must say in rugby at least they tend to turn on thier own very quickly when they play like crap, although for some reason they were cheering Bardet despite his terrible performance

:mrgreen: a very british statement :mrgreen:

You may have also noticed (if you have followed his interviews etc...) that Bardet is a very nice guy (like Froome) and he deserved to be cheered. Nobody really want to have riders like Armstrong again...

And BTW, not only the performance has to be cheered but also the courage ! in English fighting spirit, right ?

maquisard

by maquisard

Froome also did himself no favours by not holding rest day press conferences and getting up and leaving the conferences he did do after three questions. Up front he seems like a nice guy, but behind that veneer is an Armstrong like ego. Look at the passive aggressive barge of Arg for evidence of that.

TonyM

by TonyM

The team Sky UK with Dave Brailsford has been consistently arrogant on this TdF! See the press conferences for example.

I suppose Froome just behave the way he was told from D. Brailsford/ Sky.

But maybe the Team Sky has a good image in the UK.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com