Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:28 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6406 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1409 410 411 412 413428 Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:10 am 

AJS914 wrote:
Velonews reporting that Talansky will switch to triathlon:

http://www.velonews.com/2017/10/news/an ... lon_449749

Rip

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:10 am 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:08 am 

Leviathan wrote:
Of course not having seen the Moscon incident who knows, but I agree with Mickey its a worrying precedent, teams calling each other out on twitter. Still, gives the anti Sky brigade something to keep themselves occupied in the close season so its not all bad.

I don't see what it has to do with Sky, it's only Moscon who is involved.
What's wrong with using twitter in an important matter like that ? That's the best way to get attention.

That's always the same riders (Cavendish, Sagan, Bouhanni, Moscon) who are causing crashes or behave badly. Why not make them stop ?
For example after Cavendish made a wrong move Viviani crashed and could have lost his gold medal in the track .

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:25 am 

Antoine wrote:
Leviathan wrote:
Of course not having seen the Moscon incident who knows, but I agree with Mickey its a worrying precedent, teams calling each other out on twitter. Still, gives the anti Sky brigade something to keep themselves occupied in the close season so its not all bad.

What's wrong with using twitter in an important matter like that ? That's the best way to get attention.

That's always the same riders (Cavendish, Sagan, Bouhanni, Moscon) who are causing crashes or behave badly. Why not make them stop ?
For example after Cavendish made a wrong move Viviani crashed and could have lost his gold medal in the track .

Wrong, twitter in this instance is only about presenting a position and influencing the authorities/ media/ public. Moscon's track record has ensured that he is "guilty until proven innocent" in the court of public opinion. Reichenbach may have crashed due to his error, or he may have been pushed- without video footage we'll never really know. In this case the facts don't actually matter- Moscon's reputation plus FDJ engaging the Police is enough to convince the public he is guilty. If this continues it will be career limiting for Moscon.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:22 am 

Liked this shot of Gaudu at Milano-Torino trying to do a poker face when Uran looks back.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:49 am 

Wookski wrote:
Wrong, twitter in this instance is only about presenting a position and influencing the authorities/ media/ public. Moscon's track record has ensured that he is "guilty until proven innocent" in the court of public opinion. Reichenbach may have crashed due to his error, or he may have been pushed- without video footage we'll never really know. In this case the facts don't actually matter- Moscon's reputation plus FDJ engaging the Police is enough to convince the public he is guilty. If this continues it will be career limiting for Moscon.

I disagree about we never really know. Reichenbach claims to have eye witnesses who are willing to testify, in that case we will really know what happened. Unless you think everyone lies to punish Moscon.

About the guilty until proven innocent, thats what the sports world always has been. People like to praise athletes just as fast as they want to bring them down. And that Moscon has a reputation that works against him is by his own wrong doing. He done a lot of things in just 1 season and seems to be a hard learner.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:07 pm 
Resident master of GIF

Jhomewood wrote:
AJS914 wrote:
Velonews reporting that Talansky will switch to triathlon:

http://www.velonews.com/2017/10/news/an ... lon_449749

Rip

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:07 pm 

RimClencher wrote:
Liked this shot of Gaudu at Milano-Torino trying to do a poker face when Uran looks back.

This is me on every group ride :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:16 pm 

Direct energy will use wilier bikes from 2018

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:16 pm 

Willier wrote:
Direct energy will use wilier bikes from 2018

The Cento10 Air?

EDIT:
Found it: Cento10 Air and Twin Blade.
https://www.wilier.com/en/news/wilier-t ... ke-partner

Last edited by TonyM on Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:17 pm 

Antoine wrote:
Leviathan wrote:

It's a bit crazy that you mention Sagan in the same sentence as Bouhanni or Moscon.

By all accounts, just about everyone loves Sagan.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:20 am 

LeDuke wrote:
It's a bit crazy that you mention Sagan in the same sentence as Bouhanni or Moscon.

By all accounts, just about everyone loves Sagan.

Sagan was an asshole before Specialized's marketing department turned him into "Rad Dude"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:17 am 

There are quite a few pro's who do not care for Sagan at all so his marketing agency hasn't changed everyones mind, that's for sure.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:21 am 

I doubt the spec marketing team really care what other pro's think. They're not buying bikes.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:27 am 

Those pro's also have fan's. And when Sagan cut's off/bodychecks/harasses another rider once again, he's losing some fans here and there. He's an extremely talented rider, but also a bit of a spoiled brat unfortunately.

Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:27 am 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:37 am 

Sorry, misunderstood what you were saying. Good point though. Curiously I just went to the Specialized youtube page, and almost everything feat. PS sky rockets in views. Race Reporter Ruby the difference is outrageous. Marketing team is doing wonders

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6406 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1409 410 411 412 413428 Next