Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:51 am

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6560 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1423 424 425 426 427438 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:49 am
Posts: 349
Location: Seattle, WA
otoman wrote:
For some reason, I read Draft Animals, Gaimon's latest book in which he makes those accusations against Cancellara. While better written than his previous books, he still comes across for what he is: an ungrateful, cynical and sarcastic person.

He seems to have particular scorn for masters amateur racers. Perhaps we/they do deserve some of the criticism, but what he clearly does not understand is that the masters racers are the guys and gals that have the financial wherewithal to support his teams' sponsors. Without dudes in their 30's-50's buying all this bike crap, there would not be much reason for him to exist. He certainly fires shots at numerous top level pros as well as makes lame attempts to justify his naiveté towards Tom Danielson. Ultimately, his book does a good job of highlighting him as a person: {I'm looking around for a douche emoji right now}

Perhaps the ultimate reality check for Gaimon is that he should not be discussed in the PRO section of WW right? ;-)


Spot on. Although, I do kind of like his general stance of blowing up the idea that strava stars or amateur racers are remotely near the level of the pros (ie. he can stick it to most contested KOMs out there and yet he's a washed up scrub who was never really anything to begin with as a pro--Nibali put 10 minutes into him in the Taiwan KOM challenge recently). I'm not sure that this agenda is to actually put people in their place or to say "boo hoo everyone else MUST be cheating" because he always comes across so bitter about it.

_________________
BMC Teammachine SLR01 (2018) | Rodriguez Rainier (2015)


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:52 pm
Posts: 1509
He's just another hack commenting on a youtube video. It's click bait for his book and his self-promotion business and it has worked because we are discussing it.

_________________
Colnago C59


Top
   
Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:25 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:39 pm 
Offline
Resident master of GIF

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:44 am
Posts: 3146
bilwit wrote:
Spot on. Although, I do kind of like his general stance of blowing up the idea that strava stars or amateur racers are remotely near the level of the pros (ie. he can stick it to most contested KOMs out there and yet he's a washed up scrub who was never really anything to begin with as a pro--Nibali put 10 minutes into him in the Taiwan KOM challenge recently). I'm not sure that this agenda is to actually put people in their place or to say "boo hoo everyone else MUST be cheating" because he always comes across so bitter about it.


his original agenda was to take KOMs from former dopers.... then he realized that he couldn't take them and some of the most notable segments in the country were held by his boy tommy D. So then he changed his tune (as he's done) to simply KOM hunting now.

_________________
Nate ★ Life , my tumblr joint
Instagramz
My Podcasts


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:58 am
Posts: 1378
Location: 604
KWalker wrote:
petepeterson wrote:
LOL

Froome aint winning anything with a sketchy descent run in to the finish.


Oh great, we can re-start the "Froome sucks at descending" argument, compare him to the top 5 descenders, and ignore the massive progress he has displayed in becoming a very adept bike handler or the difference tactics could make.


100% agree he's gotten better overall as a bike racer and can now pedal tuck downhills but has he even finished a 1 day race? I'd be stoked he if could contend in hilly one day events - always exciting when a GT guy is up there in the Ardennes, Lombardia etc


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:58 am
Posts: 1378
Location: 604
PG is crushing the virtue signalling troll book sales game. Pages on WW post retirement.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:49 am
Posts: 349
Location: Seattle, WA
petepeterson wrote:
KWalker wrote:
petepeterson wrote:
LOL

Froome aint winning anything with a sketchy descent run in to the finish.


Oh great, we can re-start the "Froome sucks at descending" argument, compare him to the top 5 descenders, and ignore the massive progress he has displayed in becoming a very adept bike handler or the difference tactics could make.


100% agree he's gotten better overall as a bike racer and can now pedal tuck downhills but has he even finished a 1 day race? I'd be stoked he if could contend in hilly one day events - always exciting when a GT guy is up there in the Ardennes, Lombardia etc


He put in a nice dig at the British Nationals in 2009 (and subsequently blew up afterward), that's the last impressive one day I remember of him. I don't ever seen him being top 10 in Roubaix like Wiggins but he's not that kind of all-rounder anyway. Still though, I wouldn't put the WCs past him at this point. After all, he can dominate the Tour, then dominate Vuelta weeks later, then only be a minute and change off Dumoulin at the Worlds TT all without any signs of fatigue :wink:

_________________
BMC Teammachine SLR01 (2018) | Rodriguez Rainier (2015)


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 pm
Posts: 3329
tymon_tm wrote:
IMHO Gaimon knows Cancellara won't take any legal action against him. let's not kid ourselves, that's how that sort of masterpieces are being sold - one single controversy smuggles a whole pile of crap no one would bother to read otherwise.

I had to laugh when I saw Gaimon says he's shocked, shocked that anyone is making a big deal over him accusing Cancellara of cheating. Like he had no idea that including that line would get a whole bunch of free press coverage and reaction for his book. Honestly, he's just as suprised about it as everyone else :lol:


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:51 am
Posts: 259
wingguy wrote:
tymon_tm wrote:
IMHO Gaimon knows Cancellara won't take any legal action against him. let's not kid ourselves, that's how that sort of masterpieces are being sold - one single controversy smuggles a whole pile of crap no one would bother to read otherwise.

I had to laugh when I saw Gaimon says he's shocked, shocked that anyone is making a big deal over him accusing Cancellara of cheating. Like he had no idea that including that line would get a whole bunch of free press coverage and reaction for his book. Honestly, he's just as suprised about it as everyone else :lol:

What’s even funnier is the fact that there has been footage online for 7 years yet the UCI reacts when some asshole mentions it in a book. With no new evidence. :noidea:


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:36 pm 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 4:57 am
Posts: 1914
https://www.instagram.com/p/BbZnkTbn09M/

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

_________________
Using Tapatalk


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:19 pm
Posts: 117
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
How big is that gear!? :shock:


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:24 pm
Posts: 2213
Location: Houston, Texas
bilwit wrote:
I'm not sure that this agenda is to actually put people in their place or to say "boo hoo everyone else MUST be cheating" because he always comes across so bitter about it.

So sad we no longer have Steve Tilford around, but have to wonder if he would be changing his tune with regards to PG?

_________________
Michael - The Anaerobic Threshold is neither...


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:46 pm
Posts: 815
Location: Netherlands
tymon_tm wrote:
IMHO Gaimon knows Cancellara won't take any legal action against him. let's not kid ourselves, that's how that sort of masterpieces are being sold - one single controversy smuggles a whole pile of crap no one would bother to read otherwise.


Cancellara just did, demanding the book to be taken out of the stores. All works in favour of the book sales. A demand to ban a book will only increase the sales of the book.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:47 am
Posts: 89
Rondje wrote:
tymon_tm wrote:
IMHO Gaimon knows Cancellara won't take any legal action against him. let's not kid ourselves, that's how that sort of masterpieces are being sold - one single controversy smuggles a whole pile of crap no one would bother to read otherwise.


Cancellara just did, demanding the book to be taken out of the stores. All works in favour of the book sales. A demand to ban a book will only increase the sales of the book.


Sure they don't have a deal? :shock:

_________________
Riding Paniagua - The Future of cycling!


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:17 pm
Posts: 1288
Location: Hamar, Norway
Both are retirees. I wonder who will win this rollator race.

_________________
Bianchi-Campagnolo


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:57 pm
Posts: 4578
Location: Vicenza
The lawyers.

_________________
My current ride


Top
   
Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:15 am 


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6560 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1423 424 425 426 427438 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Pirelli Pzero Velo (and their varience) tire discussion thread.

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Everything wheels

Hexsense

33

5107

Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:23 am

TobinHatesYou View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2017 Madonne 9.2

in Road

nycjwi

1

1454

Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:27 pm

FIJIGabe View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Colnago V2-R 2017

[ Go to page: 15 6 7 8 9 ]

in Road

3Pio

120

21711

Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:25 pm

Calnago View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2017 Mavic

in Everything wheels

gitsome

12

1553

Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:30 pm

TheKaiser View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) XTR DI2 on my 2017 Scalpel

in MTB

Wheely

4

1558

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:51 am

ooo View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Willier and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited