2017 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

dan martin said he might win fleche when valverde retires..... OR

maybe he should try to be better positioned. every year he seems to start 10-12 riders behind valverde....and comes back to like a 2nd or 3rd.

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Remember, remember...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maquisard

by maquisard

Imagine what those POC aero helmets would look like in pink if they ever led the Giro...

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

That thing is a monster, looks like a manta ray

The Cerebel is much nicer looking

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

A pink octal I could do... Their aero gear is an abomination.
Using Tapatalk

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Dr.Dos wrote:
nathanong87 wrote:pix?

240p excellence: https://twitter.com/RuiCostaCyclist/sta ... 4373433348

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

There's an article on Slipstream Sports' site (Team Cannondale) entitled "Perfect execution but lacking legs in Flèche Wallonne final"

http://slipstreamsports.com/perfect-exe ... nne-final/

That pretty much encapsulates Team Cannondale in a nutshell I think. Just remove the FW reference and insert the name of any other race.

de zwarten

by de zwarten

From that article:
"Had I not had three or four days of bad sleep, I would have had that extra percentage that would have been good enough for a top five, top three."

Exactly how I feel in the amateur races every weekend after my 1-year old disturbs my sleep the whole week.

"It was a huge success from an execution perspective."

So... these teams are actually applauding their bad tactics themselves... I just lost confidence in racing. Maybe some teams should get yellow and red cards (and suspensions) for negative/boring racing.

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

de zwarten wrote:From that article:
"Had I not had three or four days of bad sleep, I would have had that extra percentage that would have been good enough for a top five, top three."

Exactly how I feel in the amateur races every weekend after my 1-year old disturbs my sleep the whole week.

"It was a huge success from an execution perspective."

So... these teams are actually applauding their bad tactics themselves... I just lost confidence in racing. Maybe some teams should get yellow and red cards (and suspensions) for negative/boring racing.

Wow, did you actually read the article and watch the race? Cannondale delivered Woods (in only his second attempt in one of the most prestigious, yet doomed, races of the year) perfectly, he just wasn't able to finish it off. So job nicely done by team, job not done by protected rider.

Regarding JVs boys, I want to think critique is overly harsh but have no rational reason to justify lack of results in professional racing. Unfortunately. I will try to stay romantic anyways.

ichobi

by ichobi

Their team have the lowest average rider' age in the peloton. Not expecting another Quintana or Sagan from the green boys anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

de zwarten

by de zwarten

If B-grade teams are really proud of racing for a top 10 and bringing the top favorite in pole position by marking all attacks, it classifies as negative racing.

If they really want to exhibit those ugly green helmets they should try to get in a break away.

Rob81

by Rob81

Spotted Bob Jungels today doing the recon of Giro's Mortirolo+Stelvio hardmen stage.
I saw him before he hits Mortirolo, TT bike on the false-flat valley. Pure class.
After he switched to his road bike (team car was preceding him) as normal and according to his IG account because, yeah, even the "easy" Mortirolo is not for a TT bike :)
I guess he stopped there, as long as few weeks ago snow was still on top (even) of Mortirolo.

Willier

by Willier

"Davide Formolo (Cannondale-Drapac) and Damiano Caruso (BMC) opted not to start the final stage of the Tour of the Alps on Friday, despite being fifth and eighth respectively in the overall classification"

Haydn

by Haydn

They could at least pretend to be ill. Well done to Thomas for winning & good sprint by Pinot to get the last stage.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

Lelandjt wrote:
tymon_tm wrote:FW would be super-duper, if Mur was like 30 km before the finish line, and then followed by a couple of lesser climbs. nowadays, whenever there's an uphill finish, the whole main group rolls in. it's boring to watch a race like that, knowing nothing's gonna happen till the last 1k.

as for old dog Piti, he's just the best at finishing off brutal climbs like that. case closed, neither Kwiato, nore Martin or whoever has the uphill sprint like he does.

Educate me please: This seems to assume that a breakaway can't survive when there's a climb at the finish. The climb negates the peloton's aero and power sharing advantage so it seems like it would help a breakaway make it to the finish.

lol what

of course it can, it all depends on time differences. for Mur it's estimated at 1 minute (tv commentators mentioned it on few occasions) - that's how much advantage at the base of the climb over the peloton is allegedly needed not to get caught. peloton has the momentum, has the guys who do the hardest job of pulling and burning through the first part of the climb - that's what makes the difference. it's basic stuff really, no?
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.