2017 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

he skipped nats just to 'train' in hopes of making the tour squad. Maybe he has something up his sleeve for the prologue? doubt it but who knows. he's been silent this whole year.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rondje

by Rondje

Maybe they take him because he's good for marketing exposure? Cannondale are in a good flow now, but it's not the team with a top favorite, more for a stage win. I got no idea how big Phinney is in the US, but if he's big there he might bring them extra exposure during the biggest race of the season.

KWalker

by KWalker

Has to do something to use up his contract time until he quits to pursue a career in his "art".
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

maquisard

by maquisard

Maybe Lachlan and Taylor will ride the Tour in denim cut-offs and Beanie hats. Success in each stage not defined by winning but if they manage to fine the best single-origin aero-pressed flat white in that region of France...

pastronef

by pastronef

MAchado with Sidi shoecovers

Haydn

by Haydn

saddle bag?

mrbubbles

by mrbubbles

Shoe cover is on the wrong side, the shoe cover's Sidi BOA dial shape is on the inside, it should be on the outside. Based on the heel rubber shape, Machado is probably using a Gaerne G.stilo+. And Exustar pedals.... not your usual Shimano, Look, Speedplay.

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Joey Rosskopf stomped the field in the US TT today. Great ride by him. Was obvious he was in great shape after his 5th place in the Stage 21 TT from the Giro this year.

Wookski

by Wookski

Haydn wrote:saddle bag?

Clinchers?

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

no skinsuit?

Looks like a normal training setup to me.

stuka666

by stuka666

Yes, he was training.

I'll ask his mechanic about the shoes and tell you when I see him.

pastronef

by pastronef

mrbubbles wrote:Shoe cover is on the wrong side, the shoe cover's Sidi BOA dial shape is on the inside, it should be on the outside. Based on the heel rubber shape, Machado is probably using a Gaerne G.stilo+. And Exustar pedals.... not your usual Shimano, Look, Speedplay.

yep, he´s been wearing Gaerne since his Radioshack days

53x12

by 53x12

Rondje wrote:Maybe they take him because he's good for marketing exposure? Cannondale are in a good flow now, but it's not the team with a top favorite, more for a stage win. I got no idea how big Phinney is in the US, but if he's big there he might bring them extra exposure during the biggest race of the season.

Phinney isn't big here in the USA imo. Maybe amongst his artistic yuppie crowd?
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

109er

by 109er

LeDuke wrote:Joey Rosskopf stomped the field in the US TT today. Great ride by him. Was obvious he was in great shape after his 5th place in the Stage 21 TT from the Giro this year.

He really did. Great ride by him on a fun but challenging course. I think it may bode well for todays road race perhaps. The course is again, fun but challenging. 14 laps of a somewhat urban course. There is a pretty testy hill in the middle of it, with pitches around 20%. The climb itself is only about 3 minutes long or so but shortly after there are a few other "rollers" that could provide a good launching pad for a late move. Everyone is predicting a reduced bunch or possibly a solo rider. Either way it'll be interesting.
green jacket, gold jacket...who gives a sh*t

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

53x12

by 53x12

What are thoughts on Froom's chances with Sky not taking Poels to the TdF.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."