2017 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

MichaelB

by MichaelB

For those that are interested, the 2017 Giro roadbook is now available to download from link below (50 off MB pdf)

http://static2.giroditalia.it/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Garibaldi-affiancate.pdf

One thing I noted, the double ascent of the Stelvio on Stage 16 is now gone :shock: :evil: :( :( :(

What was going to be a 227km brute with 5,400m of climbing, is now only 132km and goes over the Passo della Mendola (1,363m) and Fai della Paganella (994m).

Interestingly, the "official"Giro site still shows the Stelvio version as do other sites .....

A stuffup in the roadbook ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Glad to see others share my view re: Millar. I don't think it's right to lump Landis and Hamilton in with him. While they certainly benefited from coming clean once the game was up, they have come nowhere close to the hypocrisy of Millar. Coincidentally they also both find themselves on the outside looking in.

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

MichaelB wrote:For those that are interested, the 2017 Giro roadbook is now available to download from link below (50 off MB pdf)

http://static2.giroditalia.it/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Garibaldi-affiancate.pdf

One thing I noted, the double ascent of the Stelvio on Stage 16 is now gone :shock: :evil: :( :( :(

What was going to be a 227km brute with 5,400m of climbing, is now only 132km and goes over the Passo della Mendola (1,363m) and Fai della Paganella (994m).

Interestingly, the "official"Giro site still shows the Stelvio version as do other sites .....

A stuffup in the roadbook ?

Pretty sure this is for 2016.

flying

by flying

MichaelB wrote:For those that are interested, the 2017 Giro roadbook is now available to download from link below (50 off MB pdf)

Thanks for the link :beerchug:

MichaelB

by MichaelB

glam2deaf wrote: ...
Pretty sure this is for 2016.

Yep, here is the right one !!

http://static2.giroditalia.it/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Garibaldi_2017.pdf

:oops: :oops:

flying

by flying

Heheh thanks I did not even look at the other one yet
Good to have 2017 though :wink:

boysa

by boysa

petepeterson wrote:Glad to see others share my view re: Millar. I don't think it's right to lump Landis and Hamilton in with him. While they certainly benefited from coming clean once the game was up, they have come nowhere close to the hypocrisy of Millar.

I can agree with this statement. Perhaps I shouldn't have thrown those three names together, but they were the first to come to mind. Landis and Hamilton seem ok in my book. Hell, I don't despise too many of them, actually. Danielson and Millar come to mind, but otherwise...
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

boysa wrote:
petepeterson wrote:Glad to see others share my view re: Millar. I don't think it's right to lump Landis and Hamilton in with him. While they certainly benefited from coming clean once the game was up, they have come nowhere close to the hypocrisy of Millar.

I can agree with this statement. Perhaps I shouldn't have thrown those three names together, but they were the first to come to mind. Landis and Hamilton seem ok in my book. Hell, I don't despise too many of them, actually. Danielson and Millar come to mind, but otherwise...

"Father of two beautiful children, RE-Invented professional cyclist turned entrepreneur. Changing people's lives one ride at a time."

Guy gives a shit.

maquisard

by maquisard

KWalker wrote:his clothing line is the pinnacle of sad MAMILs trying to be fashionable.

Poll required here, has anyone actually ever seen ANYONE wearing Millar's Chpt.III cycling kit. It just seems like overpriced Castelli stuff with superfluous buttons and asymmetric zips.

spud

by spud

never seen it in the flesh, but the pics seem like a throw back to New Wave band promotions.

Steve_W

by Steve_W

maquisard wrote:Hamilton and maybe Landis I can tolerate, Millar I cannot stand. He is the worst of the hypocrite reformed dopers.

Can't agree more....! And what a dull commentator. Glad I got that of my chest, phew. :D

KWalker

by KWalker

Above Category sells it. I've seen it a few times on the weekend. It actually looks kinda cheap cuz he tried to do a high fashion/cycling kit mashup and it just doesn't work.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Leviathan

by Leviathan

maquisard wrote:
KWalker wrote:his clothing line is the pinnacle of sad MAMILs trying to be fashionable.

Poll required here, has anyone actually ever seen ANYONE wearing Millar's Chpt.III cycling kit. It just seems like overpriced Castelli stuff with superfluous buttons and asymmetric zips.

Yes, but I live in Mallorca where Rapha stuff gets left by the side of the road as its too shabby.

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

Dr.Dos wrote:
Guy gives a shit.

He may well do. But his Twitter feed is like it's been generated by a Markov chain seeded with a book of inspiration lifestyle quotes. :shock:
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Don't know what Tommy D giving a shit means but any opportunity to post this.