2017 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Since you know better, do it. Tweet him, share your knowledge.

After more than 10 years as professional he'd be surely grateful for useful tipps and tricks from the internet community.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jeffy

by jeffy

@janibrajkovic have you thought about using bread bags over your shoes in the wet? I often go out with two pair of thick legwarmers as well. I often find myself cycling in the rain and this has never happened to me! Maybe some handwarmer pouches in your saddlebag??

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Vagabond wrote:I forgot about the Umbrail. Three sides indeed. Although the Umbrail was heaven sent for descending. That pass is whole lot of fun to come down.

Last year did the Stelvio from Prato and descended down the Umbrail and got back to Prato via Glorenza. Sort ride compared to those that many here do, but it was MAGIC.

Stelvio was pretty busy traffic wise, but Umbrail was almost deserted :lol:

Can't wait for the stage !!

ico

by ico

How much Brajkovic weigh? He is so skinny.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Hell yeah, looking #lean. PCS has him at 65kg, so at 175cm thats getting pretty slim.

de zwarten

by de zwarten

Regarding Brajkovic: They started the race yesterday in Romandie pretty dry.
I reckon it's pretty hard to race with too much clothes on in the beginning and it's pretty complicated to put some more clothes on during the race. And don't forget those guys have no excess insulating fat whatsoever.

martinko

by martinko

ave wrote:I need a bit of help - I need to find some video footage of a time trial (or prologue)
It was quite a few years ago, around 2010, I'd think.

What I'm looking for is a crazy descent, where half of a not too wide road was fenced off for some reason, and it was a very fast downhill too. Motos had problems following the bravest riders.
I seem to remember it was in Switzerland and Cancellara was racing, but not sure which race, which year.

I think you mean the Tour de Suisse prologoue won by Sagan, Canecallara (I think) was second. Sagan nearly touched the barriers when cornering in that tight place, then came the tight left hand corner (took it to the limits of the road) and then like 5 kms to the finish line on straiggt flat. I remember it, can't tell you the year and it is possible it is not on youtube. I remember it was quite hard to find like a year ago, but it was there.

EDIT: Here:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=BLkGa8LrNME

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

ave

by ave

martinko: THAT'S THE ONE!! Thank you very much!!!

micky

by micky

glam2deaf wrote:Hell yeah, looking #lean. PCS has him at 65kg, so at 175cm thats getting pretty slim.

Wiki has him at 178cm and 60kgs which sounds more realistic by the look of his skinny feet.

boysa

by boysa

The feet... a bit frightening. Sickly.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

fa63 wrote:I would tell him to dress better.

lol this

if one rider's frostbites is an argument supporting anything, then perhaps we should hear other riders as well - some get sunburns, some can't handle slippery roads that well, some hate strong winds...
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

Rondje

by Rondje

De Gendt also complained on twitter:
"Dear @UCI_cycling next time we have these weather conditions i kindly invite you to follow the race in a cabrio."
"@UCI_cycling forbidding a rider to shower because he has dopingcontrol but is suffering from hypothermia is not normal. We are not animals."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

petepeterson

by petepeterson

lol 'not normal'