Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:59 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6409 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1423 424 425 426 427 428 Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:06 pm 

otoman wrote:
For some reason, I read Draft Animals, Gaimon's latest book in which he makes those accusations against Cancellara. While better written than his previous books, he still comes across for what he is: an ungrateful, cynical and sarcastic person.

He seems to have particular scorn for masters amateur racers. Perhaps we/they do deserve some of the criticism, but what he clearly does not understand is that the masters racers are the guys and gals that have the financial wherewithal to support his teams' sponsors. Without dudes in their 30's-50's buying all this bike crap, there would not be much reason for him to exist. He certainly fires shots at numerous top level pros as well as makes lame attempts to justify his naiveté towards Tom Danielson. Ultimately, his book does a good job of highlighting him as a person: {I'm looking around for a douche emoji right now}

Perhaps the ultimate reality check for Gaimon is that he should not be discussed in the PRO section of WW right? ;-)

Spot on. Although, I do kind of like his general stance of blowing up the idea that strava stars or amateur racers are remotely near the level of the pros (ie. he can stick it to most contested KOMs out there and yet he's a washed up scrub who was never really anything to begin with as a pro--Nibali put 10 minutes into him in the Taiwan KOM challenge recently). I'm not sure that this agenda is to actually put people in their place or to say "boo hoo everyone else MUST be cheating" because he always comes across so bitter about it.

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:06 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:25 pm 

He's just another hack commenting on a youtube video. It's click bait for his book and his self-promotion business and it has worked because we are discussing it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:39 pm 
Resident master of GIF

bilwit wrote:
Spot on. Although, I do kind of like his general stance of blowing up the idea that strava stars or amateur racers are remotely near the level of the pros (ie. he can stick it to most contested KOMs out there and yet he's a washed up scrub who was never really anything to begin with as a pro--Nibali put 10 minutes into him in the Taiwan KOM challenge recently). I'm not sure that this agenda is to actually put people in their place or to say "boo hoo everyone else MUST be cheating" because he always comes across so bitter about it.

his original agenda was to take KOMs from former dopers.... then he realized that he couldn't take them and some of the most notable segments in the country were held by his boy tommy D. So then he changed his tune (as he's done) to simply KOM hunting now.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:15 am 

KWalker wrote:
petepeterson wrote:
LOL

Froome aint winning anything with a sketchy descent run in to the finish.

Oh great, we can re-start the "Froome sucks at descending" argument, compare him to the top 5 descenders, and ignore the massive progress he has displayed in becoming a very adept bike handler or the difference tactics could make.

100% agree he's gotten better overall as a bike racer and can now pedal tuck downhills but has he even finished a 1 day race? I'd be stoked he if could contend in hilly one day events - always exciting when a GT guy is up there in the Ardennes, Lombardia etc

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:16 am 

PG is crushing the virtue signalling troll book sales game. Pages on WW post retirement.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:54 am 

petepeterson wrote:
KWalker wrote:
petepeterson wrote:
LOL

Froome aint winning anything with a sketchy descent run in to the finish.

Oh great, we can re-start the "Froome sucks at descending" argument, compare him to the top 5 descenders, and ignore the massive progress he has displayed in becoming a very adept bike handler or the difference tactics could make.

100% agree he's gotten better overall as a bike racer and can now pedal tuck downhills but has he even finished a 1 day race? I'd be stoked he if could contend in hilly one day events - always exciting when a GT guy is up there in the Ardennes, Lombardia etc

He put in a nice dig at the British Nationals in 2009 (and subsequently blew up afterward), that's the last impressive one day I remember of him. I don't ever seen him being top 10 in Roubaix like Wiggins but he's not that kind of all-rounder anyway. Still though, I wouldn't put the WCs past him at this point. After all, he can dominate the Tour, then dominate Vuelta weeks later, then only be a minute and change off Dumoulin at the Worlds TT all without any signs of fatigue :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:21 am 

tymon_tm wrote:
IMHO Gaimon knows Cancellara won't take any legal action against him. let's not kid ourselves, that's how that sort of masterpieces are being sold - one single controversy smuggles a whole pile of crap no one would bother to read otherwise.

I had to laugh when I saw Gaimon says he's shocked, shocked that anyone is making a big deal over him accusing Cancellara of cheating. Like he had no idea that including that line would get a whole bunch of free press coverage and reaction for his book. Honestly, he's just as suprised about it as everyone else :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:59 pm 

wingguy wrote:
tymon_tm wrote:
IMHO Gaimon knows Cancellara won't take any legal action against him. let's not kid ourselves, that's how that sort of masterpieces are being sold - one single controversy smuggles a whole pile of crap no one would bother to read otherwise.

I had to laugh when I saw Gaimon says he's shocked, shocked that anyone is making a big deal over him accusing Cancellara of cheating. Like he had no idea that including that line would get a whole bunch of free press coverage and reaction for his book. Honestly, he's just as suprised about it as everyone else :lol:

What’s even funnier is the fact that there has been footage online for 7 years yet the UCI reacts when some asshole mentions it in a book. With no new evidence. :noidea:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:36 pm 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbZnkTbn09M/

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:37 pm 

How big is that gear!? :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:54 pm 

bilwit wrote:
I'm not sure that this agenda is to actually put people in their place or to say "boo hoo everyone else MUST be cheating" because he always comes across so bitter about it.

So sad we no longer have Steve Tilford around, but have to wonder if he would be changing his tune with regards to PG?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:52 pm 

tymon_tm wrote:

Cancellara just did, demanding the book to be taken out of the stores. All works in favour of the book sales. A demand to ban a book will only increase the sales of the book.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:04 am 

Rondje wrote:
tymon_tm wrote:

Cancellara just did, demanding the book to be taken out of the stores. All works in favour of the book sales. A demand to ban a book will only increase the sales of the book.

Sure they don't have a deal? :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:55 am 

Both are retirees. I wonder who will win this rollator race.

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:55 am 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:15 am 

The lawyers.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6409 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1423 424 425 426 427 428 Next