2017 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

KWalker

by KWalker

How many GTs has Katie Compton won?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

KWalker

by KWalker

LeDuke wrote:
KWalker wrote:Studies on Salbutamol in cyclists to determine if it enhances performance found that it did not. So no, that argument does not necessarily translate.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8781870 used 200x the dosage in Froome's system. 2k nanograms= 2 micrograms
http://thorax.bmj.com/content/56/9/675 Same thing, different dosages.

It shouldn't be prohibited if it can't even be used off label as a PED.
No changes in power during a Wingate test, or change in maximum endurance time, doesn't necessarily equate to no performance gains, does it?

I mean, if my 10min max wattage is 360w and I weigh 63kg, that's 5.71w/kg.

If I take a drug to help lose weight, and lose 1.5kg, and my 10min max stays the same, I'm at 360/61.5 = 5.85w/kg.

How is that not performance enhancing?
Where have you read that it helps weight loss?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

TonyM

by TonyM

Actually it is just BAD LUCK for Froome that Brian Cookson from the UK is not president any more......
Like in the good old days that Armstrong was "covered" by the UCI at that time....

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Me in this thread this morning

bilwit

by bilwit

Rondje wrote:There is also no need to retrospectivly re-award anything as long as he isn’t punished yet, it’s up to Sky now to prove something (I got no idea what) to clear Froome of these charges before he does get punished.
They have to prove (with medical records--we know Sky are good at those) that a legal amount was inhaled AND he has to go in a lab and show that his body produces an abnormally high concentration given a legal dosage. They're absolutely boned unless these requirements are waived for whatever reason or he miraculously does pass the test in the lab (in which case, why hasn't he been flagged for this in all the other years he's taken it?). Precedent has already been set. He should face a substantial ban and be stripped of the Vuelta title.

TonyM

by TonyM

bilwit wrote:They have to prove (with medical records--we know Sky are good at those) that a legal amount was inhaled AND he has to go in a lab and show that his body produces an abnormally high concentration given a legal dosage. They're absolutely boned unless these requirements are waived for whatever reason or he miraculously does pass the test in the lab (in which case, why hasn't he been flagged for this in all the other years he's taken it?). Precedent has already been set. He should face a substantial ban and be stripped of the Vuelta title.
+1

and the sooner the better for cycling.

bilwit

by bilwit

Nibali also commented that he, too, takes Salbutamol through an inhaler but said that rain in the last week of the Vuelta made the air clear so he had no need to take it :lol: had the reverse effect on Froomey apparently :wink:

RimClencher

by RimClencher

The way I see it, the only way to reliably reproduce the environmental and physiological conditions of the Vuelta in order to investigate Froome's response to a legal dosage is to test him during the TdF after riding the Giro. As a Sky boss, I would not stand for anything less.

Hawkwood

by Hawkwood

bilwit wrote:Nibali also commented that he, too, takes Salbutamol through an inhaler but said that rain in the last week of the Vuelta made the air clear so he had no need to take it :lol: had the reverse effect on Froomey apparently :wink:
Look up asthma triggers, it's perfectly possible for rain to make one person's asthma better, but another's worse.

53x12

by 53x12

RimClencher wrote:The way I see it, the only way to reliably reproduce the environmental and physiological conditions of the Vuelta in order to investigate Froome's response to a legal dosage is to test him during the TdF after riding the Giro. As a Sky boss, I would not stand for anything less.
Nope. No need too. Both A and B sample were way over the legal limit for salbutamol. You don't need to recreate environments and physiological stressors. What kind of BS is that? He is done. Suspension. Removal of Vuelta win. Legacy is ruined. Done.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

Pajjy

by Pajjy

Queue long list of people who have no idea what they're talking about.

elSid

by elSid

bilwit wrote:It's going to take a lot of money under the table for Froome to pass a pharmacokinetic test to prove the levels magically spike 200% over the limit given the prescribed dosage.
100% over the threshold.

cunn1n9

by cunn1n9

Think the last quote in this article is most likely explanation

http://sportsscientists.com/2017/12/bri ... ol-result/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jooo

by jooo

The tweet from @jaksche seems to use a bit more common sense than many forum members doesn't it? :wink:
glam2deaf wrote:Me in this thread this morning
Gold!

by Weenie

AJS914

by AJS914

I thought that tweet was pretty funny:

#neverforgetinyourcalculationthebloodbagleftovers

It's hard to feel sorry for another multi-millionaire racer who can go retire if he chooses. Or, he can fight it and maybe get a 6, 9, or 1 year ban. Think of it as a vacation.