Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:48 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6087 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1350 351 352 353 354406 Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:31 pm 

patently obvious that Bouhani was moving him across the road, no extenuating circumstances at all. What I don't quite get is why there is contact while the other rider has at least 3 feet to the barriers, unless Bouhani's move so sharp there was no avoiding it.

Bottom line is that Bouhani is a prick.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:33 pm 
Resident master of GIF

53x12 wrote:
djcharlou wrote:
Theuns double today ! Edward at BinckBank and Dylan at ArcticRace

More on Dylan, who can stop this guy, on fire after Wallonie and Poland !

Yup. Yves Lampaert just ran out of gas at the end.

Great Teuns double.

was trying to figure this out, and maybe my googling wasn't up to par , but are they brothers? or just similar last names?

Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:33 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:36 pm 

Similar sounding names, one is Theuns, the other Teuns.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:41 pm 

Yes I realise after my post, not exactly the same name

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:42 pm 

nathanong87 wrote:
53x12 wrote:
djcharlou wrote:
Theuns double today ! Edward at BinckBank and Dylan at ArcticRace

More on Dylan, who can stop this guy, on fire after Wallonie and Poland !

Yup. Yves Lampaert just ran out of gas at the end.

Great Teuns double.

was trying to figure this out, and maybe my googling wasn't up to par , but are they brothers? or just similar last names?

Now that you mentioned it, it looks like it is Edward Theuns and Dylan Teuns. At first I thought that there was a misspelling in the one of their last names. But I guess I was wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:38 pm 

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Renne wrote:
micky wrote:

Got the info from a different source but sounds very similar. If Quintana is asking €6m but a team still has to pay Movistar as well then I wish him the best of luck because he will have to find a team with very deep pockets...
I wonder why Aru refused Trek-Segafredo's €5m offer. Italian feel to the team, maybe he feels they don't have a strong enough team to support him in the mountains. Although I don't know if UAE is any better.

UAE has more money... no?

According to the news they are increasing their budget for next year (30 millions? dont know for how many years).
Probably sponsors not very satisfied with the lack of results.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:25 pm 

Funny watching the last 7km of today's BinckBank Tour Stage 5. Sagan was marked the whole way. Happy Lars Boom was able to time his attack perfectly.

https://youtu.be/ixOMgFIsMro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:25 pm 

micky wrote:
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
UAE has more money... no?

According to the news they are increasing their budget for next year (30 millions? dont know for how many years).
Probably sponsors not very satisfied with the lack of results.

This year's UAE deal was a last minute shoestring bailout after the Chinese TJ Sport backing fell through. The deal for next year was always going to be either a much increased long-term commitment or nothing, IMO. Sounds like they're prepared to spend big on riders now anyway. Signing for them now could be like signing for Sky after their rubbish 2010 debut season :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:10 pm 

Sagan already showed in the spring, that he is "happy" to let others go, if others are not helping.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:34 pm 

In the spring some riders or teams made some efforts so that he is not able to win some jealously I suppose

- Currently: Road: '15 Colnago C60 SR 6.5kg | ordered: '18 BMC Roadmachine02 Dura Ace Di2 9170 (winter/ rain bike)| '94/'99 Colnago Dream DA 8 speed (rain/ winter/ home trainer) | MTB: '12 Scott Scale & Scott Spark XTR 26"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:04 am 

thePrince wrote:
Mara has always been a pure climber...she laid down a great attack on the final climb of that race and built a big enough lead that she was almost able to take the gold.

If she weighed more, doubtful she would have put that kind of time into the field, and also doubtful those extra kilos would have translated to being able to hold off a chase group containing the strongest overall rider in the field and two trade-team teammates. Maybe, but doubtful.

When you say "saddest", are you suggesting it was pathetic...or are you feeling sympathy for an athlete who laid it all out there and came up meters short from winning a gold medal?

I felt sympathy for her.

But, as others have said or indicated, it wasn't the Olympic road hill climb race. It was a road race, and descending and riding on the flats are part of that, too. Her descending wasn't up to par with her climbing. Not even close; it was abysmal.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:40 am 

Sagan's interview after the finish was fun as well. https://twitter.com/BinckBankTour/statu ... 1943987200
It's like he said in the spring classics, I might not be able to win, but I can control who wins. Only a mechanical can keep him away from the overal win I think. The way he rode in the mountains in Poland they won't drop him here, while today is a hard stage for Boom.
Boom got a 880 euro fine out of his celebrating behaviour.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:43 am 

LeDuke wrote:
thePrince wrote:
Mara has always been a pure climber...she laid down a great attack on the final climb of that race and built a big enough lead that she was almost able to take the gold.

If she weighed more, doubtful she would have put that kind of time into the field, and also doubtful those extra kilos would have translated to being able to hold off a chase group containing the strongest overall rider in the field and two trade-team teammates. Maybe, but doubtful.

When you say "saddest", are you suggesting it was pathetic...or are you feeling sympathy for an athlete who laid it all out there and came up meters short from winning a gold medal?

I felt sympathy for her.

But, as others have said or indicated, it wasn't the Olympic road hill climb race. It was a road race, and descending and riding on the flats are part of that, too. Her descending wasn't up to par with her climbing. Not even close; it was abysmal.

It's the choices you have to make right. Van Vleuten put it all out there and crashed in winning position, Mara descended with a lot more caution, let Van Vleuten go clear in front of her and got pulled back because of it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:44 am 

What was Boom's gesture at the finish yesterday about?

Pegoretti Responsorium, Parlee Z5i, Donhou Commuter, 1946 MacLeans Featherweight L'Eroica!, 2x MTB 'dales

Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:44 am 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:50 am 

bikewithnoname wrote:
What was Boom's gesture at the finish yesterday about?

According to the newspaper "De Telegraaf" it's because his team didn't pick him for the Vuelta

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6087 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1350 351 352 353 354406 Next