Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:47 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6087 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1349 350 351 352 353406 Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:56 pm 
Resident master of GIF

contador pre and post clen, was exciting. imho he lost a slight step post clen, and there's evidence of that, but in the end of the day, some of those giro and vuelta stage wins / GC wins were soooooo exciting.

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:56 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:56 pm 

Ben Hermans in negotiations with Israel Cycling Team?
Rumors say Quintana wants to leave Movistar and they would let him go for €6m. Both Trek and Astana want him but don't want to pay the €6m. Aru apparently said no to Trek's offer and is set to sign with UAE Emirates. Landa would be replacing Quintana at Movistar.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:15 pm 

Theuns double today ! Edward at BinckBank and Dylan at ArcticRace

More on Dylan, who can stop this guy, on fire after Wallonie and Poland !

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:11 pm 

Renne wrote:
Rumors say Quintana wants to leave Movistar and they would let him go for €6m. Both Trek and Astana want him but don't want to pay the €6m. Aru apparently said no to Trek's offer and is set to sign with UAE Emirates. Landa would be replacing Quintana at Movistar.

Israeli cycling academy has really high ambitions this would be a nice step

Bicycle1
Bicycle2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:08 pm 

djcharlou wrote:
Theuns double today ! Edward at BinckBank and Dylan at ArcticRace

More on Dylan, who can stop this guy, on fire after Wallonie and Poland !

Yup. Yves Lampaert just ran out of gas at the end.

Great Teuns double.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:24 pm 

Renne wrote:

I guess your source is Gazzetta which actually is saying Quintana asking 6m to Astana but they are trying to get a discount also because he's still under contract with Movistar until 2019 which means there's a clausole to pay.
Aru asked 5m to Trek but apparently they refused and now his second option would be UAE of Saronni.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:00 pm 

I wonder if Barguil will go for GC at the Vuelta.. would be interesting since he's leaving Sunweb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:21 am 

Davide Villella going to Astana and Davide Formolo going to Bora. Too bad Cannondale couldn't keep them. Time for Cannondale to get some young USA talent on the team now.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:08 am 

micky wrote:
Renne wrote:

I guess your source is Gazzetta which actually is saying Quintana asking 6m to Astana but they are trying to get a discount also because he's still under contract with Movistar until 2019 which means there's a clausole to pay.
Aru asked 5m to Trek but apparently they refused and now his second option would be UAE of Saronni.

Got the info from a different source but sounds very similar. If Quintana is asking €6m but a team still has to pay Movistar as well then I wish him the best of luck because he will have to find a team with very deep pockets...
I wonder why Aru refused Trek-Segafredo's €5m offer. Italian feel to the team, maybe he feels they don't have a strong enough team to support him in the mountains. Although I don't know if UAE is any better.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:58 am 

Renne wrote:
micky wrote:

Got the info from a different source but sounds very similar. If Quintana is asking €6m but a team still has to pay Movistar as well then I wish him the best of luck because he will have to find a team with very deep pockets...
I wonder why Aru refused Trek-Segafredo's €5m offer. Italian feel to the team, maybe he feels they don't have a strong enough team to support him in the mountains. Although I don't know if UAE is any better.

UAE has more money... no?

2015 Specialized S-Works Allez
2015 Specialized Venge Pro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:14 am 

bilwit wrote:
I wonder if Barguil will go for GC at the Vuelta.. would be interesting since he's leaving Sunweb

Kelderman is set up to go for the GC rider at Sunweb, was already planned from the start of the season.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:32 pm 

Remind you of anything? This time... no penalty. :unbelievable:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:50 pm 

Impossible to draw any conclusion from that photo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:34 pm 

Anyone attempt to watch the Colorado Classic yesterday... it seems the biggest problem with a bike race in Colorado is attempting to broadcast it with the weather. Most of what I remember of the US Pro Challenge was a camera pointed at a mounting in clouds and the commentator saying, "The racers are in the storm, sorry we can't broadcast any pictures." It was more of that yesterday.

2015 Specialized S-Works Allez
2015 Specialized Venge Pro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:48 pm 

maquisard wrote:
Impossible to draw any conclusion from that photo

Until someone uploads a high quality video of the Tour de l’Ain stage, the photos is the best we have.

Looking at both pictures #1 and #2, you can see that Bouhanni went from riding very close to the white line in the middle of the road in picture #1, to then deviating to his right and towards Anthony Maldonado and the barriers by a good 1.5 meters or so. That much is clear. Judging by the distance to finish line signs, this happened within a 50-60 meter span. Not sure how this can't be grounds for relegation and penalty for deviating from his line and impeding Maldonado. There was no reason for Bouhanni to deviate towards Maldonado and the barrier when the whole road was wide open to them and no one was around them.

Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:48 pm 

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6087 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1349 350 351 352 353406 Next