Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:22 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6458 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1389 390 391 392 393431 Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:29 am 

wingguy wrote:
TonyM wrote:
Froome and Sky always complained that nobody like them ....Don't know why ?

It's odd though isn't it Tony - you complained when Sky didn't race on the Champs Elysees and you complained when they did race in Madrid. Is there any reason why? :noidea:

Sorry guy, I can't remember having complained that Sky didn't race on the Champs Elysees !? Why should I have? maybe I have Alzheimer already if so I am a big fan of Sky/ Froome

Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:29 am 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:45 am 

....vector doping.....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:15 am 

I watch cross to see craziness like this, superb skills.

Sagan should try a cross race this winter, I am sure the outcome would be similar to when he tried MTB at the Olympics. But would still be great to watch.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:20 am 

maquisard wrote:

Sagan should try a cross race this winter, I am sure the outcome would be similar to when he tried MTB at the Olympics. But would still be great to watch.

Yes I was thinking about Sagan also! He would certainly make the whole thing very "entertaining" :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:12 am 

TonyM wrote:
maquisard wrote:

Yes I was thinking about Sagan also! He would certainly make the whole thing very "entertaining" :thumbup:

VDP is entertaining enough in cross, I serious think Sagan would get blown away on the first lap.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:38 am 

Sagan vs VDP would be insane! Since both are amazing in the field and mtb.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:28 am 

TonyM wrote:
Sorry guy, I can't remember having complained that Sky didn't race on the Champs Elysees !? Why should I have? maybe I have Alzheimer already if so I am a big fan of Sky/ Froome

You wanted them to try and steal third from Bardet. Despite the fact that racing for GC on the final day against accepted etiquette and racing for points is what the final day is for. It comes across as a serious case of confirmation bias.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:00 am 

wingguy wrote:
TonyM wrote:

You wanted them to try and steal third from Bardet. Despite the fact that racing for GC on the final day against accepted etiquette and racing for points is what the final day is for. It comes across as a serious case of confirmation bias.

What's with all the focus on cognitive bias?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:17 am 

Focus? I dunno, unless I've forgotten something I only mentioned it once :noidea:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:59 am 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this thread has a ''no doping talk'' policy (except for confirmed and/or recent cases) so can you all shut the *f##k* up about it??? nobody came here to see you bitch about stuff you don't know and you just assume you know for certain(!!!) and for whatever reason...please stop it, we don't care and it makes this thread hard to read. So please people, focus on the so many news about pro cycling and keep your opinions about doping and dopers for the correct thread!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:01 pm 

kingkongsfinger wrote:
TonyM wrote:
maquisard wrote:

VDP is entertaining enough in cross, I serious think Sagan would get blown away on the first lap.

Yeah Sagan wouldn't want to mess with cx.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:03 pm 

wingguy wrote:
TonyM wrote:

:shock: :shock:

I was wondering at that time during he TdF if the Team Sky would try to get the 3rd place for M. Landa in the last stage in Paris as Landa was only 1 sec behind Bardet in the GC.... :smartass:

So not really your supposed "confirmation bias" :noidea: more the difference between "would" and "should"... :smartass:

:beerchug:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:20 pm 

kingkongsfinger wrote:

Two time world champion on the road, junior XCO world champion, 2nd at junior CX worlds.

Let's not pretend that Sagan is somehow inferior to VDP. If Sagan decided to race the entire World Cup calendar, and some of the mid-week series as well, I'm guessing he'd put up a top-5 effort at Worlds.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:36 pm 

TonyM wrote:
So not really your supposed "confirmation bias" :noidea: more the difference between "would" and "should"... :smartass:

Good point. I apologise for misrepresenting you.

However, it did sound like you would have been ok with them doing that because you like Mikel Landa. Is that fair?

Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:36 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:47 pm 

wingguy wrote:
TonyM wrote:

Good point. I apologise for misrepresenting you.

However, it did sound like you would have been ok with them doing that because you like Mikel Landa. Is that fair?

No problem :beerchug: All good :beerchug::

No I would not been very happy with such a thing from the Team Sky in the last stage at the Champs-Elysées ...Especially because Bardet was always very fair with Froome on all his interviews (he defend shim and encourage the French to respect Froome etc.) but racing is racing and money is money...so they do what they want or what they think is the best for them...Maybe it would have been the deal with Landa, like you help 120% Froome and we will help you to get the 3rd place...I can remember he tried to attack at the start of the last stage but it was more like a joke I think :D

Concerning Landa, I don't know him well enough but I was just amazed at the TdF that he was reprimanded in public (you can remember the youtube video) from the Team Sky. Not really nice from Sky to him - even he is a domestique. We will really see next year how he really is and what he is doing at Movistar!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6458 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1389 390 391 392 393431 Next