2017 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

wingguy

by wingguy

Focus? I dunno, unless I've forgotten something I only mentioned it once :noidea:

by Weenie

seaneT1

by seaneT1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this thread has a ''no doping talk'' policy (except for confirmed and/or recent cases) so can you all shut the *f##k* up about it??? nobody came here to see you bitch about stuff you don't know and you just assume you know for certain(!!!) and for whatever reason...please stop it, we don't care and it makes this thread hard to read. So please people, focus on the so many news about pro cycling and keep your opinions about doping and dopers for the correct thread!!!!

micky

by micky

kingkongsfinger wrote:
TonyM wrote:
maquisard wrote:I watch cross to see craziness like this, superb skills.

Sagan should try a cross race this winter, I am sure the outcome would be similar to when he tried MTB at the Olympics. But would still be great to watch.

Yes I was thinking about Sagan also! He would certainly make the whole thing very "entertaining" :thumbup:

VDP is entertaining enough in cross, I serious think Sagan would get blown away on the first lap.

Yeah Sagan wouldn't want to mess with cx.

TonyM

by TonyM

wingguy wrote:
TonyM wrote:Sorry guy, I can't remember having complained that Sky didn't race on the Champs Elysees !? Why should I have? maybe I have Alzheimer already if so I am a big fan of Sky/ Froome

You wanted them to try and steal third from Bardet. Despite the fact that racing for GC on the final day against accepted etiquette and racing for points is what the final day is for. It comes across as a serious case of confirmation bias.

:shock: :shock:

I was wondering at that time during he TdF if the Team Sky would try to get the 3rd place for M. Landa in the last stage in Paris as Landa was only 1 sec behind Bardet in the GC.... :smartass:

So not really your supposed "confirmation bias" :noidea: more the difference between "would" and "should"... :smartass:

:beerchug:

LeDuke

by LeDuke

kingkongsfinger wrote:VDP is entertaining enough in cross, I serious think Sagan would get blown away on the first lap.

Two time world champion on the road, junior XCO world champion, 2nd at junior CX worlds.

Let's not pretend that Sagan is somehow inferior to VDP. If Sagan decided to race the entire World Cup calendar, and some of the mid-week series as well, I'm guessing he'd put up a top-5 effort at Worlds.

wingguy

by wingguy

TonyM wrote:So not really your supposed "confirmation bias" :noidea: more the difference between "would" and "should"... :smartass:

Good point. I apologise for misrepresenting you.

However, it did sound like you would have been ok with them doing that because you like Mikel Landa. Is that fair?

TonyM

by TonyM

wingguy wrote:
TonyM wrote:So not really your supposed "confirmation bias" :noidea: more the difference between "would" and "should"... :smartass:

Good point. I apologise for misrepresenting you.

However, it did sound like you would have been ok with them doing that because you like Mikel Landa. Is that fair?

No problem :beerchug: All good :beerchug::

No I would not been very happy with such a thing from the Team Sky in the last stage at the Champs-Elysées ...Especially because Bardet was always very fair with Froome on all his interviews (he defend shim and encourage the French to respect Froome etc.) but racing is racing and money is money...so they do what they want or what they think is the best for them...Maybe it would have been the deal with Landa, like you help 120% Froome and we will help you to get the 3rd place...I can remember he tried to attack at the start of the last stage but it was more like a joke I think :D

Concerning Landa, I don't know him well enough but I was just amazed at the TdF that he was reprimanded in public (you can remember the youtube video) from the Team Sky. Not really nice from Sky to him - even he is a domestique. We will really see next year how he really is and what he is doing at Movistar!

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

pastronef wrote:
ave wrote:Trentin (and his team) probably won't help Froome in any future races.

Sky have been controlling the race since stage 3. they put a lot of work, it is a way for Froome to thank his team mates, winning the jersey for the most consistent rider and thank his team.
remember it´s not a sprinter´s jersey, is a consistency jersey
Sagan won the green at the Tour in 2015 with ZERO stage wins, while Greipel won 4 stages

By the logic prevailing here, that was a real a**hole move by Sagan. Surely the honorable thing would to have let Greipel take the green jersey?

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Last edited by BdaGhisallo on Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bilwit

by bilwit

bilwit wrote:He should just do the Giro-Tour-Vuelta triple already. He's already proven that he's, at the very least, as strong as the best dopers of all time (none of the best dopers were able to do the Tour-Vuelta double, only 15s off the pace on Armstrong's time up Ax 3 Domaines, etc).

aaaaand he just said it's possible to achieve :wink:

Wookski

by Wookski

wingguy wrote:Focus? I dunno, unless I've forgotten something I only mentioned it once :noidea:

Also mentioned it in July and April. It's pretty funny, like you're the overlord of bias awareness :D

wingguy

by wingguy

3 times in one year? Well damn, I guess I must be obsessed :lol:

KWalker

by KWalker

Any other good pro threads on other forums?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

erty65

by erty65

KWalker wrote:Any other good pro threads on other forums?
cyclingnews.com

by Weenie

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

bilwit wrote:
bilwit wrote:He should just do the Giro-Tour-Vuelta triple already. He's already proven that he's, at the very least, as strong as the best dopers of all time (none of the best dopers were able to do the Tour-Vuelta double, only 15s off the pace on Armstrong's time up Ax 3 Domaines, etc).

aaaaand he just said it's possible to achieve :wink:

for the sake of competition and plain entertainment I hope no one capable of doing a triple will ever be born, but the facts are: if the there has been anyone in the history of cycling with abilities and means to do it, it's the Froome-SKY duo.

IMHO another Tour or Vuelta won't make the crowds go wild, so if there's anything left to conquer, it's the holy trinity.

whether they try to do it, I would like to know in advance so I could plan not to watch it. the concept of SKY train owning the roads for the whole 9 weeks seems like a torture to me.
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.