Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:18 am

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5961 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1388 389 390 391 392398 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 8:51 pm
Posts: 1663
Location: France
Why obviously?

Armstrong by all accounts did not dope to excess, not more than any other athlete, he just had a physiology that was responsive to O2 vector doping. The physiology of O2 vector doping is slightly more complicated that you make it out to be. Armstrong had an efficient physiology that was limited by his VO2max, which was excellent but not exceptional. This gave him scope to improve with O2 vector doping. Contrast with the likes of Lemond who had truly exceptional O2 delivery, but were limited by their efficiency. Blood vector doping wouldn't have improved his performance as much. Pantani was similar to Armstrong, although he, like Riis for that matter, really pushed the limits of EPO use, there is no evidence that Armstrong did.

Go back to being Sky's biggest fan! :thumbup:


Top
   
Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:19 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 pm
Posts: 3280
maquisard wrote:
Armstrong by all accounts did not dope to excess,

No shit, if he doped to excess he wouldn't be the best, would he? That's why we have the word 'excess'.

Congratulations, you have truly outdone yourself :lol:


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 8:51 pm
Posts: 1663
Location: France
But you still haven't corrected your statement that he was the best doper of all?

He wasn't, he had one of the most responsive physiologies to O2 vector doping.

Keep up, all that Sky TV makes you stupid!

#BritsDon'tDope


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 pm
Posts: 3280
maquisard wrote:
But you still haven't corrected your statement that he was the best doper of all?

No, because I disagree with you. I'm sorry, was that not obvious?

And why would I correct it? You appear to be arguing that because Lance was able to gain the biggest benefits from doping and was able to do it with sensible (paraphrasing) quantities of drugs that he wasn't the best doper. In which case I'm not sure what your criteria for best actually are? If it's not the best performance gain and it's not the seven Yellow jerseys hanging on the wall then what is it? Are you so simplistic as to think that the person who took the most dope is the best doper?

(I don't have a Sky subscription, by the way. Do you?)


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 8:51 pm
Posts: 1663
Location: France
Sorry I hurt your feelings, I thought you British chaps had a stiff upper lip :thumbup:

I'll go back to being simplistic...


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 pm
Posts: 3280
TonyM wrote:
Froome and Sky always complained that nobody like them ....Don't know why ?

It's odd though isn't it Tony - you complained when Sky didn't race on the Champs Elysees and you complained when they did race in Madrid. Is there any reason why? :noidea:


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:46 pm 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 4:57 am
Posts: 1852
He was the best doper not because of the physiological effects of the doping but for the wins and incredibly systematic nature of it all. By all means keep measuring your dick to try and prove its bigger than someone elses but you're missing the point.

_________________
Using Tapatalk


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 pm
Posts: 3280
maquisard wrote:
Sorry I hurt your feelings,

I believe that's called projection.
Rather explains why you're running away instead of answering the points, doesn't it old chap? :beerchug:


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 8:51 pm
Posts: 1663
Location: France
No, I genuinely am sorry if I did. You're clearly a big fan of Sky.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 pm
Posts: 3280
Quote:
No, I genuinely am sorry if I did.

You didn't. But for my part in this little tiff, I'm genuinely sorry that I hurt your feelings by highlighting the contradictions in your argument. I didn't realise you would take it so personally.

(And actually, I quite like Orica.)


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 8:51 pm
Posts: 1663
Location: France
But you didn't hurt my feelings at all! Thanks for apologising anyway :thumbup:


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 pm
Posts: 3280
maquisard wrote:
But you didn't hurt my feelings at all!

You don't need to put on a brave face big boy. It's ok for men to have emotions too.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:46 am
Posts: 52
Can we get back on track?

Tyler Ferrar has retired!

http://www.thepelotonbrief.com/tyler-farrar-peace-out/


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:20 pm
Posts: 1854
Location: New Zealand
Holy sweet Sveness!! :shock: :shock: :shock: https://twitter.com/PegKeiner/status/906992989003812865

_________________
2012 BMC SLR 6.02kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110390


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 553
Location: Canada (BC) (formerly F, B, L, D and CH)
dereksmalls wrote:



_________________
- Currently: Road: '15 Colnago C60 SR 6.5kg | '94/'99 Colnago Dream DA 8 speed (rain/ winter/ home trainer) | MTB: '12 Scott Scale & Scott Spark XTR 26"


Top
   
Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:24 am 


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5961 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1388 389 390 391 392398 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Pirelli Pzero Velo (and their varience) tire discussion thread.

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Everything wheels

Hexsense

33

3814

Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:23 am

TobinHatesYou View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2017 Mavic

in Everything wheels

gitsome

12

1326

Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:30 pm

TheKaiser View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2017 Madonne 9.2

in Road

nycjwi

1

1185

Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:27 pm

FIJIGabe View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) XTR DI2 on my 2017 Scalpel

in MTB

Wheely

4

1260

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:51 am

ooo View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: KarlC and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited