2017 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

maquisard

by maquisard

No, I genuinely am sorry if I did. You're clearly a big fan of Sky.

wingguy

by wingguy

No, I genuinely am sorry if I did.

You didn't. But for my part in this little tiff, I'm genuinely sorry that I hurt your feelings by highlighting the contradictions in your argument. I didn't realise you would take it so personally.

(And actually, I quite like Orica.)

by Weenie

maquisard

by maquisard

But you didn't hurt my feelings at all! Thanks for apologising anyway :thumbup:

wingguy

by wingguy

maquisard wrote:But you didn't hurt my feelings at all!

You don't need to put on a brave face big boy. It's ok for men to have emotions too.

djbowen99

by djbowen99

Can we get back on track?

Tyler Ferrar has retired!

http://www.thepelotonbrief.com/tyler-farrar-peace-out/

TonyM

by TonyM

dereksmalls wrote:Holy sweet Sveness!! :shock: :shock: :shock: https://twitter.com/PegKeiner/status/906992989003812865

TonyM

by TonyM

wingguy wrote:
TonyM wrote:Froome and Sky always complained that nobody like them ....Don't know why ?

It's odd though isn't it Tony - you complained when Sky didn't race on the Champs Elysees and you complained when they did race in Madrid. Is there any reason why? :noidea:

Sorry guy, I can't remember having complained that Sky didn't race on the Champs Elysees !? Why should I have? maybe I have Alzheimer already if so I am a big fan of Sky/ Froome

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

....vector doping.....

maquisard

by maquisard

I watch cross to see craziness like this, superb skills.

Sagan should try a cross race this winter, I am sure the outcome would be similar to when he tried MTB at the Olympics. But would still be great to watch.

TonyM

by TonyM

maquisard wrote:I watch cross to see craziness like this, superb skills.

Sagan should try a cross race this winter, I am sure the outcome would be similar to when he tried MTB at the Olympics. But would still be great to watch.

Yes I was thinking about Sagan also! He would certainly make the whole thing very "entertaining" :thumbup:

kingkongsfinger

by kingkongsfinger

TonyM wrote:
maquisard wrote:I watch cross to see craziness like this, superb skills.

Yes I was thinking about Sagan also! He would certainly make the whole thing very "entertaining" :thumbup:

VDP is entertaining enough in cross, I serious think Sagan would get blown away on the first lap.
"I could have done this job myself in five minutes, but as things turned out I had to spend two days trying to find out why it had taken someone else three weeks to do it wrong."

jorryt

by jorryt

Sagan vs VDP would be insane! Since both are amazing in the field and mtb.

wingguy

by wingguy

TonyM wrote:Sorry guy, I can't remember having complained that Sky didn't race on the Champs Elysees !? Why should I have? maybe I have Alzheimer already if so I am a big fan of Sky/ Froome

You wanted them to try and steal third from Bardet. Despite the fact that racing for GC on the final day against accepted etiquette and racing for points is what the final day is for. It comes across as a serious case of confirmation bias.

Wookski

by Wookski

wingguy wrote:
TonyM wrote:Sorry guy, I can't remember having complained that Sky didn't race on the Champs Elysees !? Why should I have? maybe I have Alzheimer already if so I am a big fan of Sky/ Froome

You wanted them to try and steal third from Bardet. Despite the fact that racing for GC on the final day against accepted etiquette and racing for points is what the final day is for. It comes across as a serious case of confirmation bias.

What's with all the focus on cognitive bias?

by Weenie