2017 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

disc and chainring cover solution

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Willier

by Willier

Some ex-pro( that never won 7 TdF)`s bike...

Must say, nice setup!

beeatnik

by beeatnik

^Tawt his current bikas said Juan Pistola

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Willier wrote:Some ex-pro( that never won 7 TdF)`s bike...

Must say, nice setup!

I'm curious about his use of SP pedals. When Shimano designed the spd-sl or the "lance pedal" as it was deemed in 2002 when it debuted as a prototype on his bike, he had them make special super fixed cleats since he thought the red fixed cleats had too much movement in them for his taste. I can't imagine he could ever approach that level of fixed-ness with a SP setup. But perhaps when one is not racing and riding for TdF titles, one can be more relaxed in their equipment needs.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

at least he's slamming stem now

wingguy

by wingguy

beeatnik wrote:^Tawt his current bikas said Juan Pistola

His alias is Juan Pelota.

For a pretty good reason :wink:

KWalker

by KWalker

Guy is racing a grand fondo locally in a few weekends. It's funny that at this point no brand really wants to sponsor him and he has been sighted on a number of bikes, but the Crux seems juuuuuust fine for his needs, yet most WW members would claim it is a pile of shit designed to conspire against purchasers by the big bad S
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Damn fine bike. If you only had to have one, this might be it.

LeDuke

by LeDuke

I'd love a Crux. Dirt, pavement, gravel, and even light singletrack with the right tires.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

pastronef

by pastronef

KWalker wrote:Guy is racing a grand fondo locally in a few weekends. It's funny that at this point no brand really wants to sponsor him and he has been sighted on a number of bikes, but the Crux seems juuuuuust fine for his needs, yet most WW members would claim it is a pile of shit designed to conspire against purchasers by the big bad S

I dont think brands sponsor him

he has been using Specy shoes, Fizik shoes, Poc glasses and helmet, Kask helmet, Giro helmet, Specy helmet, Cannondale frame, Specy frame, Sram groups, Moots frame (with Shimano) even a Dogma with discs https://www.instagram.com/p/BE7Ry4jnAFL/

KWalker

by KWalker

pastronef wrote:
KWalker wrote:Guy is racing a grand fondo locally in a few weekends. It's funny that at this point no brand really wants to sponsor him and he has been sighted on a number of bikes, but the Crux seems juuuuuust fine for his needs, yet most WW members would claim it is a pile of shit designed to conspire against purchasers by the big bad S

I dont think brands sponsor him

he has been using Specy shoes, Fizik shoes, Poc glasses and helmet, Kask helmet, Giro helmet, Specy helmet, Cannondale frame, Specy frame, Sram groups, Moots frame (with Shimano) even a Dogma with discs https://www.instagram.com/p/BE7Ry4jnAFL/

Precisely what I said.....
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

antonioiglesius

by antonioiglesius

Is there an opposite/antonym for sponsorship? I.e. a company paying someone not to use their equipment?

OJ

by OJ

maquisard wrote:It is just Sagan getting pissed off with interviewers asking continuous stupid questions without any understanding of the dynamics of the race. He replies with the type of answer the question deserves. As others have said Cav often does the same.

Sagan, like Cav was, is a breath of fresh air. A rider with personality, shocker.

Except...in my opinion Sagan tends to have bit of a smirk on all the time while Cav on the other hand comes across little different.

And Renaat Schotte knows a thing or two about bike racing, but set-up a perfect trap for himself.
http://demarere.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

borist

by borist

I'm just going to leave this here....

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

BdaGhisallo wrote:I'm curious about his use of SP pedals. When Shimano designed the spd-sl or the "lance pedal" as it was deemed in 2002 when it debuted as a prototype on his bike, he had them make special super fixed cleats since he thought the red fixed cleats had too much movement in them for his taste. I can't imagine he could ever approach that level of fixed-ness with a SP setup. But perhaps when one is not racing and riding for TdF titles, one can be more relaxed in their equipment needs.

But those are Zeros and if you set the limit pins properly you can reduce float to, well, zero. The only issue with them might be eventual lateral float, a core problem with the SP pedal design. Although, if he is riding that thing on fire roads then a little float might be preferred.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com