Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:28 pm

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6840 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1447 448 449 450 451456 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:59 pm
Posts: 217
I like the Bahrain Merida kits more and more.

Also, every piece of Sportful clothing I've worn has been excellent. I know that not everyone shares this opinion.


Top
   
 
Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:29 am 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:27 am
Posts: 81
ooo wrote:
4 laps @ 38:49 is ok by rules, 5 laps @ 48:31 is too much

I think 5 laps would have been perfect length, probably more like 47-48 mins and aren't the uci world cup rules 40 min and 50 max? The mens race on the other hand should have been 1 lap less since wout came through the finish at 60 mins before the last lap.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 12:59 pm
Posts: 410
You are correct about elite/elite+u23 womans race timing, probably first 2 laps leader was not fast enough

Image

_________________
'


Last edited by ooo on Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:20 pm
Posts: 1911
Location: New Zealand
It should have been 5 laps for the women.

_________________
2012 BMC SLR 6.02kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110390


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:46 pm
Posts: 839
Location: Netherlands
simoncx wrote:
ooo wrote:
4 laps @ 38:49 is ok by rules, 5 laps @ 48:31 is too much

I think 5 laps would have been perfect length, probably more like 47-48 mins and aren't the uci world cup rules 40 min and 50 max? The mens race on the other hand should have been 1 lap less since wout came through the finish at 60 mins before the last lap.
Elite mens World cup race is always around 60 minutes + 1 lap. All other mens races should be around 60 minutes max.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:46 pm
Posts: 146
I think Trump would call this 'alternative facts'
He didn't use any puffs when he needed them on the bike, but after the race to look good on television.....
Applause for the lawyer who invented this excuse :evil:

Image


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:49 am
Posts: 387
Location: Seattle, WA
Seems ludicrous, we're talking about over TWICE the allowed amount not "oops he took an extra puff on accident." Even if that were true, precedence dictates that he should serve a 9-month "reduced" suspension and lose the Vuelta title.

_________________
BMC Teammachine SLR01 (2018) | Rodriguez Rainier (2015)


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 1305
Location: Asti, ITALIA
BMC will use Shimano powermeters with Garmin units, no more SRM for them

I think FDJ too will use Shimano powermeters


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:37 pm
Posts: 1521
Kristoff already has a Colnago Concept in euro champ colour

Image

Looks like Aru is on a plain black bike and the rest of the team on c60 and v-2r bikes

Image

Image

_________________
"Smart may have the answers, but stupid have all the interesting questions."


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:14 pm
Posts: 4916
Not a huge fan of the Colnago Concept, but that white one underneath Kristoff does look pretty sweet.

_________________
Colnago C60 - PR99; C59 Five Years Later; My Special Colnago EPQ
Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:52 pm
Posts: 1623
I'm beginning to wonder if Froome was setup. It makes no sense to take dozens of puffs of an inhaler. It's not going to help more or make you faster. You can't imagine that he'd take the more potent pill form once during a race.

Or, the BB had the drug in it and it was a doping mistake.

_________________
Colnago C59


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:36 am
Posts: 561
Location: Where the permanent autumn is
BB must have had A TON of salbutamol to have that kind of concentration in urine. Whatever they were actually doing, the echo positive thing is the least believable.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:15 pm
Posts: 1637
Location: Hungary
I cough after races too. I never thought much about it, but maybe I need to use Salbutamol too... f****** idiot.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:49 am
Posts: 387
Location: Seattle, WA
AJS914 wrote:
I'm beginning to wonder if Froome was setup. It makes no sense to take dozens of puffs of an inhaler. It's not going to help more or make you faster. You can't imagine that he'd take the more potent pill form once during a race.

Or, the BB had the drug in it and it was a doping mistake.
There are anabolic properties if an extreme amount is taken like, let's say, over 100% of the UCI limit. Go ahead and google "salbutamol anabolic". There's also the possibility that it was used as a masking agent for something else as well. Not sure about what delivery system they actually chose but in any case, over 200% isn't a "woops, one too many puffs ha-ha-ha" mistake.

_________________
BMC Teammachine SLR01 (2018) | Rodriguez Rainier (2015)


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:27 pm
Posts: 255
bilwit wrote:
AJS914 wrote:
I'm beginning to wonder if Froome was setup. It makes no sense to take dozens of puffs of an inhaler. It's not going to help more or make you faster. You can't imagine that he'd take the more potent pill form once during a race.

Or, the BB had the drug in it and it was a doping mistake.
There are anabolic properties if an extreme amount is taken like, let's say, over 100% of the UCI limit. Go ahead and google "salbutamol anabolic". There's also the possibility that it was used as a masking agent for something else as well. Not sure about what delivery system they actually chose but in any case, over 200% isn't a "woops, one too many puffs ha-ha-ha" mistake.
According to this book it only has an anabolic effect if its taken orally: Medical Toxicology of Drug Abuse: Synthesized Chemicals and Psychoactive Plants
By Donald G. Barceloux.


Top
   
 
Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:14 pm 


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6840 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1447 448 449 450 451456 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Pirelli Pzero Velo (and their varience) tire discussion thread.

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Everything wheels

Hexsense

39

7127

Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:44 pm

stormur View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) XTR DI2 on my 2017 Scalpel

in MTB

Wheely

4

1697

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:51 am

ooo View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2017 Madonne 9.2

in Road

nycjwi

1

1685

Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:27 pm

FIJIGabe View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2017 Emonda SLR 62 H1 - sub-6kg

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

Clean39T

17

2413

Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:02 pm

jwalther View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited