2017 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

seaneT1

by seaneT1

On cycling news article about the israel academy's De Rosa SK pininfarina, they say they can't say whose sprinter bike is that, at leat not until January, so who is that mystery sprinter? haven't they already finalised their roster or have they got another signing and are waiting on announcing him later on as a surprise to get some more attention?

TonyM

by TonyM

pastronef wrote:Bont will be the official shoes supplier for IsraelAcademy and AquaBlue in 2018

Which model will they be using? the VayporS, Vaypor+, Vaypor+2016, Vaypor or Vaypor Classic?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pastronef

by pastronef

TonyM wrote:
pastronef wrote:Bont will be the official shoes supplier for IsraelAcademy and AquaBlue in 2018

Which model will they be using? the VayporS, Vaypor+, Vaypor+2016, Vaypor or Vaypor Classic?

I dont know. maybe the new Helix model?

TonyM

by TonyM

pastronef wrote:
I dont know. maybe the new Helix model?

I did not have these in the radar...have to check if they are “better” than my VayporS

romalor

by romalor

most of the israel academy team was on bont shoes already last year
some tried s works here and there ( dan craven ) , I also saw one in shimano R321 and one with empire slx
most of them rode vaypor s
didn't saw any with bont zero ( one boa not at the best place not so good to hold the feet compared to the vaypor s)
don't think shoes sponsor are a good idea
if one doesn't fit with bathtub bont shape , he'll wear something else with shoes covers that mimics the form of bont ..

Example : Tim wellness , ride s works sub6 , gaerne has made him several customs but he prefers the s works , for his shape of foot

Israel Cycling Academy Team were riding on ultegra DI2 last year and cheap tubular at the races where I saw them ( continental sprinter gator skin even on clean roads ) ... The team owner has lot of cash tough :x

pastronef

by pastronef

romalor wrote:most of the israel academy team was on bont shoes already last year
some tried s works here and there ( dan craven ) , I also saw one in shimano R321 and one with empire slx
most of them rode vaypor s
didn't saw any with bont zero ( one boa not at the best place not so good to hold the feet compared to the vaypor s)
don't think shoes sponsor are a good idea
if one doesn't fit with bathtub bont shape , he'll wear something else with shoes covers that mimics the form of bont ..

Example : Tim wellness , ride s works sub6 , gaerne has made him several customs but he prefers the s works , for his shape of foot

Israel Cycling Academy Team were riding on ultegra DI2 last year and cheap tubular at the races where I saw them ( continental sprinter gator skin even on clean roads ) ... The team owner has lot of cash tough :x

good eye! I didnt notice that Wellens wore Gaerne shoecovers this year: until last year he wore real Gaerne

riders wearing non team sponsor shoes:

Quintana: sidi (instead of Diadora)
MAchado: gaerne (instead of Sidi)
Dowsett: Bont (instead of Diadora)
Fuglsang: specialized (instead of Sidi)

a few Movistar riders wear Diadora overshoes)

previously Zakarin wore Shimano and Spilak wore Specy (both instead of Sidi)

gravity

by gravity

Is Uran running for President for Colombia Cycling Federation?

Or Uran posting this only for joke?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

romalor

by romalor

@pastronef

Yes looks like a few races he uses the real gaerne !
Last edited by romalor on Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

pastronef

by pastronef

romalor wrote:@pastronef

No he has never raced with gaerne always specialized s works
look at older pics

He has wear for some years a special cover that mimics the apparence of gaerne shoes
like rui costa did a while to wear bont even his team provided northwave

I know the brother in law of tim wellens , he told me all this so trusted informations ...

I saw a few races where he had real Gaerne, 2014-2015

Antoine

by Antoine

Offredo's case was judged, he's fined 400 euros on probation and he has to pay 300 euros for compensation , the man and woman (apparently portugueses or french-portugueses) who assaulted him are fined 700 euros on probation ...
http://www.leparisien.fr/essonne-91/le-cycliste-yoann-offredo-et-ses-agresseurs-condamnes-par-le-tribunal-d-evry-23-11-2017-7411275.php

So basically it's free to assault a cyclist on the road in France and you can have a large knife in your car glove box.

French judges have their own values :
a policeman got 6 months jail time for a slap to an agitated illegal immigrant:
http://www.lavoixdunord.fr/222877/article/2017-09-25/un-policier-juge-pour-avoir-gifle-un-migrant
a minor who killed a chinese man (while robbing him in the street) got 2 years (rather 1 year because jails are overcrowded) :
http://www.lefigaro.fr/flash-actu/2017/11/10/97001-20171110FILWWW00375-deux-ans-de-prison-pour-le-jeune-agresseur-d-un-chinois-mort-a-aubervilliers.php

maquisard

by maquisard

I saw that case as well and was shocked by it, but no surprise really. There have been worse.

Rondje

by Rondje

Why 300 euros for compensation? He now gets the same fine as the attackers due to the compensation?

Antoine

by Antoine

Apparently for the judges Offredo (and another cyclist with him) is responsible for the incident and rather the attacker than the victim.
The woman said she hit Offredo just to defend the driver (her colleague) and the knife they had is very small.
I guess Offredo was too naive and honest, and he doesn't make a good victim (in front of a judge it helps a lot).
So Offredo has to pay 300 euros to them and they don't have to pay anything.
No fine to be paid unlike they make another offence in the next six months or something.

Rondje

by Rondje

Antoine wrote:Apparently for the judges Offredo (and another cyclist with him) is responsible for the incident and rather the attacker than the victim.
The woman said she hit Offredo just to defend the driver (her colleague) and the knife they had is very small.
I guess Offredo was too naive and honest, and he doesn't make a good victim (in front of a judge it helps a lot).
So Offredo has to pay 300 euros to them and they don't have to pay anything.
No fine to be paid unlike they make another offence in the next six months or something.

Okay, so good to know. If I'd ever get attacked in France I should just run away, don't fight back or do anything else. Weird stuff man, specially since Offredo was pretty beat up.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

petepeterson

by petepeterson

2017 PRO LEGAL DISCUSSION

Hey guys free tip don't escalate with someone in a car. Absolute best case scenario you end up a meme on the internet.