Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:45 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6570 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1426 427 428 429 430438 Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:46 am 

Hear, hear.

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:46 am 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:37 pm 

gravity wrote:
Tinea Pedis wrote:
Cycling fans eh, decry pros for not speaking out and for being too vanilla. Lambaste them when they do. Screwed either way.

It's not about that mate and you know it. I completely agree with @nathanong87 that the timing is so convenience to him as he tends to profit directly from the sales of his book. There's a financial motives for PG and that stinks.

And Cancellara is now using this whole thing as publicity for his granfondo race thing. So they are both profiting from the situation. Everybody happy, now can we move on please?
Would like to see Cancellara and Gaimon go head-to-head on a climb...seeing how much Gaimon can push uphill, might be a nice one :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:46 pm 

Mr.Gib wrote:

Wow, look how much healthier these cyclists became in a mere 6 years. Like high speed evolution of the human species. :P

It's largely because Salbutamol became legal in 2010 and no longer required a TUE, common/inconsequential stuff like that are taken off the exception list. I think they review these things on a yearly basis. I'm sure the whole Fancy Bears leak also made teams think twice before applying for them too.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:46 pm 

So Sutton admits to using TUEs for marginal gains at Sky. What a surprise.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:49 am 

What Sutton said is pretty damning. Using a TUE when not strictly required for medical reasons is doping, even if you have the legal paperwork to back it up. TUEs are only legal when used for a legitimate medical reason, if you are using them for ANY performance enhancing reason it is doping.

David Millar's comments were equally scathing, quite telling giving the high ranking position his sister enjoys on the team.

It's throws wide up the farce and stage show that is Team Sky and British Cycling in general.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:04 am 

maquisard wrote:
It's throws wide up the farce and stage show that is professional cycling and national teams in general.

Hate to break it to you, but anything that sky/BC are doing. Everyone else is too.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:03 pm 

Really, the evidence would suggest otherwise.

The fact is that Sky and British Cycling perfected TUE doping just like Ferrari perfected EPO doping in the 90's. Doping moved on to something new just like it did in the late 80's early 90s.

Amazing that I have been saying this stuff on this forum for months if not years and was roundly criticised. Team Sky were the cleanest team in the sport according to many, turns out the opposite was true. It now begs the question why people aren't asking Froome some hard questions about Romandie 2014 and his win immediately after an emergency TUE.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:02 pm 

maquisard wrote:
Really, the evidence would suggest otherwise.

The fact is that Sky and British Cycling perfected TUE doping just like Ferrari perfected EPO doping in the 90's. Doping moved on to something new just like it did in the late 80's early 90s.

Amazing that I have been saying this stuff on this forum for months if not years and was roundly criticised. Team Sky were the cleanest team in the sport according to many, turns out the opposite was true. It now begs the question why people aren't asking Froome some hard questions about Romandie 2014 and his win immediately after an emergency TUE.

Yeah, yeah, remind me how many TUE's did sky riders take during the Tour and the Vuelta this year? I can't stand people getting Wiggins TUE missuse (and maybe Froome's at some point earlier on his GT career?) and generalizing it to cover the whole team,or the whole sport even!!!, when there is no evidence whatsoever about any other riders, especially in the last 2-3 years, where team Sky still dominated and TUE use dropped signifficantly on the peloton...you people are a joke.....Illegal doping might still be a thing for the pro peloton, but ''legal doping" through TUE is deffinitelly not, just look at the numbers, in 2015 for example only 13 TUE where applied...not 1.300!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:26 pm 

There's a reason Sky declined to be part of MPCC. Love how Sutton characterized TUEs as a tool to ensure that a pro raced at 100%. Like the rest of the peloton doesn't deal with the odd cold, niggling injury, or god forbid, and extra pound or two of weight. These guys can't help but shit where they eat.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:28 pm 

that's funny: Gaimon's BS story gets more publicity than Sutton's admission SKY does bend the rules :roll:

maybe we're slowly getting to the point where no one cares, just expects riders to look cool and win races - just like in the 80s or 90s. AFAIK looking at today's superheroes, and what's worse - so called "amateur" racers, masters, etc, - seing their progress and their results, I've no delusions we're back at square one, where it's just OK to do what's necessary to reach the goals. personally I'm not even sure any other way - like completely clean and honest way - would be acceptable for fans anyway. after all, we've (probably) seen clean (ish) cycling for a bit, and it truly is boring. hell, bring the gladiators back!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:33 pm 

tymon_tm wrote:
we've (probably) seen clean (ish) cycling for a bit, and it truly is boring.
Maybe we have, but this decade to me hasn't been more boring than the rediculousness of the nineties and naughties.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:29 pm 

I'm not talking last few years, rather the pre-SKY period, somewhere between late USPS/Puerto and the dawn of marginal gains

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:08 pm 

Quote:
Sutton's admission SKY does bend the rules

I read Sutton's statement and he didn't say that. He specifically said that they didn't cross the line. He said if they were 95% and had a niggling issue and a TUE was available to get them to 100%, he'd use it. His statement is not even newsworthy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:34 pm 

We, tymon, here's to Sky and boring races!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayHPWnb1ZRo

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:34 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:03 pm 

AJS914 wrote:
Quote:
Sutton's admission SKY does bend the rules

I read Sutton's statement and he didn't say that. He specifically said that they didn't cross the line. He said if they were 95% and had a niggling issue and a TUE was available to get them to 100%, he'd use it. His statement is not even newsworthy.

the media headline spin has taken it way out of context and viewership just eats this stuff up, it's pretty hilarious

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6570 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1426 427 428 429 430438 Next