2017 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

Vermu

by Vermu

Kristoff and Sagan were so much better that imo Mathews has no room to complain about the result.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

ave

by ave

Indeed, he is not even present on the photo finish pic.

jorryt

by jorryt

Why? He didn't meet his own expectations so he is angry.

spud

by spud

Vermu wrote:Kristoff and Sagan were so much better that imo Mathews has no room to complain about the result.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Exactly. If you can't quite come around the guy in front of you, yeah, you can rue the unproductive moves you made earlier in the day. But if you can't hold the wheel of the guy when he opens the sprint, you never had a chance, just say "it wan't my day", or "they were just better than me". No excuses when you get your ass handed to you that hard.

djwalker

by djwalker

I never have liked Matthews. He always has an excuse about how he really is the best except for .... Why can't he just admit that is isn't the best on some days. Everyone else manages to. Also, his talk about "stealing" the green from Sagan in the Tour is annoying. How do you "steal" a jersey from a guy that isn't even in the race?

taylorpetie

by taylorpetie

This pics says it all... :D he should learn how to accept defeat gracefully (though, bronze isn't bad...Froome was happy with bronze)

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Grade 5 grammar skills on social media and hair are my gripes with 'bling' while we're at it.

danbjpa

by danbjpa

Lucho Herrera reveals he has skin cancer due to sun exposure (without sunblock) during rides.
http://sprint-final.com/lucho-herrera-p ... ncer-piel/

Kjetil

by Kjetil

petepeterson wrote:Grade 5 grammar skills on social media and hair are my gripes with 'bling' while we're at it.
That's not too bad. Maybe he's just not too smart to be a bike rider?
Sooner or later he'll bag a monument.
Bianchi-Campagnolo

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

I must be getting old since I don't give two cents about social media presence, hair, gfs, dogs, scandals (except for doping that is) - my personal interest begins and ends on the road.

sure it's ..erm.. motivating to look at some nice female racer pics :oops: or read about 'give back' initiatives, but to follow riders' every meal, hotel room, destination and whatever shit they post out there - IMHO that's for kids who appreciate "pro" more than "cycling"
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Your contributions on the the pro cycling gossip/tenderloin thread appear to suggest otherwise but I'll take your word for it.

Moving on... there is nothing better than Cummings throwing shade at BC post Toscana win for the worlds snub.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

men's legs was never my thing - wrong address mate. but I do share your - how to say it - disregard towards the issue :wink:
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

KWalker

by KWalker

there just isn't enough really going on in pro cycling or that many truly interesting riders that the cycling media has to sorta force some personalities or narratives on us just to have enough to write about to stay in business.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Wookski wrote:
UpFromOne wrote:Matthews' best move of the day was pounding his bars.

he's such a little bogan!

Is he?

Come tour Corio mate, you'll get an appreciation for a bogan. Matthews is not one. He's not a Rhodes scholar. But certainly not straight out of Collingwood. As for 'excuses' post race, literally every rider who does not win has done this at some point. All of them. Odd to lynch a dude for it (and I don't even see that he does it often).

petepeterson wrote:Your contributions on the the pro cycling gossip/tenderloin thread appear to suggest otherwise but I'll take your word for it.

Exactly. Waiting for a doping positive after drawing the longest of bow from holding on to a car and some (admittedly very shit) comments. But hey, doesn't buy in to anything other than a doping scandal.

by Weenie

mentok

by mentok

Tinea Pedis wrote: As for 'excuses' post race, literally every rider who does not win has done this at some point. All of them. Odd to lynch a dude for it (and I don't even see that he does it often).

Thanks, I was hoping someone would express what I was feeling a little more eloquently than I could. If Matthews crosses the line and doesn't react then someone is sure to whine "where's the passion? where's the panache"...