Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:01 pm

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6569 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1400 401 402 403 404438 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:40 pm
Posts: 2
GonaSovereign wrote:
Not sure about single ring for ProTour-level road.

Here's another story on Aqua Blue's new bike.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/aqua-blue-sport-to-compete-on-3t-strada-disc-bike-with-1x-drivetrain-in-2018/


Martin Toft Madsen, #21 at the TT, used 1x setup with 11-36 cassette and 56 front chainring. Mikkel Bjerg, winner of the Juniors TT, used the same setup.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:23 am
Posts: 589
Location: Olympic Nat'l Park, WA
Kjetil wrote:
Cookson was a good step up from Hein and his lap dog Pat. Good luck to Lappardient.


+1. Cookson may have turned a blind eye to doping & other issues, but at least he wasn't an active participant like Heiny & Paddy.


Top
   
Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:06 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 8:51 pm
Posts: 1691
Location: France
I had a cool idea today, if a breakaway of less than five riders in a GT gets an advantage of more than 5 mins then they are allowed to switch to TT bikes for the rest of the stage so they can stay away!

I should really be UCI president, actually :thumbup:

I'm going out drinking with a staff member from Aqua Blue tomorrow evening so I will ask what the real story is with the 3T Strada.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:20 pm
Posts: 1894
Location: New Zealand
KanonDalen wrote:
GonaSovereign wrote:
Not sure about single ring for ProTour-level road.

Here's another story on Aqua Blue's new bike.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/aqua-blue-sport-to-compete-on-3t-strada-disc-bike-with-1x-drivetrain-in-2018/


Martin Toft Madsen, #21 at the TT, used 1x setup with 11-36 cassette and 56 front chainring. Mikkel Bjerg, winner of the Juniors TT, used the same setup.


That's because they didn't have the hill climb, like the senior men.

I actually think all of the competitors should have had the climb in the course, and if needs be shorten the first part of the course to accommodate the climb

_________________
2012 BMC SLR 6.02kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110390


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:58 am
Posts: 1378
Location: 604
I'm not there yet for 1x and discs for racing. Looks gross. I must be getting old.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:30 am 
Online

Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:39 am
Posts: 170
This years TT route was so unorthodox that I wouldn't make really big comparisons to earlier results and who's what.
Although this year in my opinion favoured Dumolin and Froome. Those lighter TT-riders who can actually climb.

Comparing Wiggings and Froome, always seemed like Froome was more into climbing and as GC contender he would climb really well and TT well, not exceptionally, but well.
Froome on his prime vs Contador on his prime would've been so exciting to see, as I would put them in the same ballpark with their strenghts.
Riding style being totally different.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:35 pm
Posts: 2209
petepeterson wrote:
I'm not there yet for 1x and discs for racing. Looks gross. I must be getting old.


same here. and how on earth will they get their cadence right? I can hardly cope without a 16t cog in a 11-28 cassette, can't imagine riding with just 11 gears.. and I don't race for living.

IMHO it's just a clumsy marketing stunt. it's like claiming your life would be more comfy if you replaced your sofa with a kitchen chair

_________________
kkibbler wrote:
WW remembers.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:37 am
Posts: 48
Vermu wrote:
This years TT route was so unorthodox that I wouldn't make really big comparisons to earlier results and who's what.
Although this year in my opinion favoured Dumolin and Froome. Those lighter TT-riders who can actually climb.

Comparing Wiggings and Froome, always seemed like Froome was more into climbing and as GC contender he would climb really well and TT well, not exceptionally, but well.
Froome on his prime vs Contador on his prime would've been so exciting to see, as I would put them in the same ballpark with their strenghts.
Riding style being totally different.


I think Dumoulin would be the best on flats as well if he didn't focus on the GC.

Dennis is in my opinion the best on flat TT but if the distance goes above 35 Dumoulin beats him.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:00 pm 
Offline
Resident master of GIF

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:44 am
Posts: 3146
dennis needs to put together a good long tt , i dont think there is a standards he's set for himself outside of aussie nats. I'm talking about a superb worlds/ olympic (only one i cycle i know / grand tour TT. That mechanical at rio and this crash really stand out

_________________
Nate ★ Life , my tumblr joint
Instagramz
My Podcasts


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 pm
Posts: 3329
tymon_tm wrote:
IMHO it's just a clumsy marketing stunt. it's like claiming your life would be more comfy if you replaced your sofa with a kitchen chair

Makes me wonder what they'd have done at the Vuelta this year if they'd been riding that bike. Ride a team issue 2x version? Run a small chainring and struggle on the downhills? Use a totally different bike?


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:48 am
Posts: 2455
Location: Vienna Austria
wingguy wrote:
Makes me wonder what they'd have done at the Vuelta this year if they'd been riding that bike. Ride a team issue 2x version? Run a small chainring and struggle on the downhills? Use a totally different bike?


They will ride a 9-32 cassette, possibly even 12 speed.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:05 pm
Posts: 248
GonaSovereign wrote:
Not sure about single ring for ProTour-level road.

Here's another story on Aqua Blue's new bike.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/aqua-blue-sport-to-compete-on-3t-strada-disc-bike-with-1x-drivetrain-in-2018/


Those 3t Strada bikes are hideous, the Aquablue Ridley's this year are lovely bikes. I know which one I'd rather pick...


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:39 am
Posts: 1012
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Who do people have for the women's and men's RR?

My money is on Coryn Rivera and EBH. If Rivera gets over the last climb within spitting distance of the leaders, well, good luck to them.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:30 pm
Posts: 5811
Location: Bay Area
EBH will never win worlds, the Olympics, or any sort of Monument.

Sagan is the obvious choice, then GVA, then Matthews. I'd like for GVA to win just because he always goes for it and it would sort of complete his major win haul.

_________________
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:59 pm 
Offline
Resident master of GIF

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:44 am
Posts: 3146
LeDuke wrote:
Who do people have for the women's and men's RR?

My money is on Coryn Rivera and EBH. If Rivera gets over the last climb within spitting distance of the leaders, well, good luck to them.


she might be too depleted from the climb, i'd like it if she won though!

_________________
Nate ★ Life , my tumblr joint
Instagramz
My Podcasts


Top
   
Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:59 pm 


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6569 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1400 401 402 403 404438 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Pirelli Pzero Velo (and their varience) tire discussion thread.

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Everything wheels

Hexsense

33

5114

Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:23 am

TobinHatesYou View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2017 Madonne 9.2

in Road

nycjwi

1

1456

Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:27 pm

FIJIGabe View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Colnago V2-R 2017

[ Go to page: 15 6 7 8 9 ]

in Road

3Pio

120

21722

Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:25 pm

Calnago View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2017 Mavic

in Everything wheels

gitsome

12

1555

Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:30 pm

TheKaiser View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) XTR DI2 on my 2017 Scalpel

in MTB

Wheely

4

1562

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:51 am

ooo View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited