2017 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Vermu

by Vermu

I think that out of the GC riders Contador is the last one that actually tries instead of watching srm data all the time.
Shame that his days at the top are gone.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

53x12

by 53x12

^ When he is doped to the gills, why would he care what his srm says?
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Hopefully Sunweb will sign some guys to support TD through 2021.

If the one guy that can support TD is taken out in a crash early in a race, that's not a lot of support. Geschke and Ten Dam are great riders, but Anacona and De La Parte are on a different level.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Vermu

by Vermu

53x12 wrote:^ When he is doped to the gills, why would he care what his srm says?

This year he has provided best competition among gc riders imo.
Paris-Nice was epic.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Rondje

by Rondje

LeDuke wrote:Hopefully Sunweb will sign some guys to support TD through 2021.

If the one guy that can support TD is taken out in a crash early in a race, that's not a lot of support. Geschke and Ten Dam are great riders, but Anacona and De La Parte are on a different level.

That's also the difference in big teams and average teams. Not everyone can pay such super domestique's.
For a first real try on a GC I'd say this was a good race of Tom. Now I hope he still got his super legs for tomorrow to smash it. It was him against the rest of the top 5 and he did alright, thanks to the guys just behind the top 5, specially Jungles, what a beast!

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

TD is gonna lay down some karma tomorrow
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Rondje wrote:
LeDuke wrote:Hopefully Sunweb will sign some guys to support TD through 2021.

That's also the difference in big teams and average teams. Not everyone can pay such super domestique's.
For a first real try on a GC I'd say this was a good race of Tom. Now I hope he still got his super legs for tomorrow to smash it. It was him against the rest of the top 5 and he did alright, thanks to the guys just behind the top 5, specially Jungles, what a beast!

Well, if they are making him a four year deal, which is unheard of, they need to invest in helping him win races. Which means paying big money for more climbing support. I'm sure we'll hear more over time.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

kkibbler

by kkibbler

Pinot Grigio grows on me. His temper shows through on bad days and that's not so good but he really seems to ride with heart, whatever that means. I hope TD gets a good night's sleep.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

That was so scary good I had to watch it through my fingers

P.s. It's great when it's just Mano a mano, no dominant team. Alliances change with the blink of an eye. The scenarios of who should work when mixed in w bonus seconds made for a fascinating stage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

bikewithnoname wrote:TD is gonna lay down some karma tomorrow

I hope so but he's looked pretty knackered over the last two stages. It's going to be very close. Great stage today, superb racing.

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

5 8 5 wrote:

I hope so but he's looked pretty knackered over the last two stages. It's going to be very close. Great stage today, superb racing.

Nothing a few caffeinated gels can't cure I'm sure!
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

Sacke

by Sacke

bikewithnoname wrote:
5 8 5 wrote:

Nothing a few caffeinated gels can't cure I'm sure!

Beware of the afterburner.

antonioiglesius

by antonioiglesius

Looks like TD's still going strong! Amazing how he (and his group) reduced the gap on the descent. My money's on him for tomorrow, I hope he can gain >53 seconds on NQ.

Vermu wrote:This year he has provided best competition among gc riders imo.
Paris-Nice was epic.

+1 for Bertie! Last day was great, sad he just missed it.

Rondje

by Rondje

Tom's interviews are always fun, I hope he can keep that honesty. He said he was Jungels, Mollema and Yates for ever thankfull. And on the Question why they helpef him " I think they like me more then Quintana and Nibali" with a smile.
Really nice that they decided to help him, with out that his Giro would have been over. Still thinking about his incident, with out that he would have had over a minute on the others.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Watching the america's cup warm up match racing. The Kiwis are going full peloton. Looks so freaky but so cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk