2017 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

kingkongsfinger

by kingkongsfinger

wingguy wrote:
ultyguy wrote:Loved my fav old rider getting beat by my fav young rider today in Belgium! VdP can do it on the road, question is, who will pay him as much as he makes in the mud...

He's clearly insanely strong. Started at the back in the opening XCO round, got caught behind the midpack crash on the start line, and fought his way up to 8th. Haven't checked the split times but once he got some open trail in front of him I'm pretty sure that he set the fastest lap of the race, and possibly was on average the fastest overall in the second half.

VdP did set the fastest lap last week. Lets see if he gives Nino a race.

Nino was using the Spaniard last week and when he burnt all his matches he left him for dead and Nino just rode off, and I think not going massively into the red.

Not the perfect course this week for VdP but I hope its a great race.

Who do I want to win ? Nino or VdP, I like them both so just hope its a great race :D
"I could have done this job myself in five minutes, but as things turned out I had to spend two days trying to find out why it had taken someone else three weeks to do it wrong."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Bizarre that Nibbles and Quin would let Pinot take so much easy time at the final yesterday. Are they underestimating FDJ? Ok Pinot will probably lose time to Nibali in the TT so maybe he figures he can let him get ahead?
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

Pieter

by Pieter

Seems like some people don't understand that nibali and quintana are not interested in podium and just want to crack dumoulin by letting people go so dumoulin has to do all the work. Not that it has worked uptill now.

kkibbler

by kkibbler

People, and more specifically and more importantly, TD, apparently understand that just fine.

Pieter

by Pieter

Then why are so many people bitching about the fact that they didn't take pulls and they are not defending their place and what not? And yes, it is clear that TD understands racing.

kkibbler

by kkibbler

Because it's boring and defensive and didn't work?

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

Was really impressive the way that TD closed the gap after Quinoa Nibbles got onto the MOV chaingang up the road. I think at that moment, they both realised it was a done deal.
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

Rondje

by Rondje

Yates, why do you have to go full white! :noidea:

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

Not the end of the world for a sunny Giro stage in the mountains. Not a great idea in the rain.
-
Finsbury Park CC

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Rondje wrote:Yates, why do you have to go full white! :noidea:

He rides with panache, yet is a total moron. His interviews - no words. Hence, full white fits him so well.

Re Q: Has the talent, has the team, has all the mafia protection inside and outside Spain, not offensive and not ready to lose so does not deserve to win.

Rondje

by Rondje

And thats the end of TD's pink jersey....

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Did they show when it happened? Image

Rondje

by Rondje

Dutch commentators say that the RAI said TD went for a piss.. If that's how they attacked it's really bellow the belt f*cked up.

But that story isn't confirmed.

Dumoulin, Kruijswijk, Yates, Mollema all in the second group. I don't believe so much GC riders get caught by surprise. Something must have happened.

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

Yep. Movistar and Bahrain have attacked when TD taking a piss.

This is a new low.
-
Finsbury Park CC

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Rondje wrote:Dutch commentators say that the RAI said TD went for a piss.. If that's how they attacked it's really bellow the belt f*cked up.

But that story isn't confirmed.

Dumoulin, Kruijswijk, Yates, Mollema all in the second group. I don't believe so much GC riders get caught by surprise. Something must have happened.

Yes, Twitter says so. I prefer a reliable source.