2017 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

KWalker

by KWalker

Looking at Cycling News pro bike Froome has some interesting fit changes for us nerds- smaller frame, 1.5cm lower seat height, 1cm shorter stem, and slightly less setback. I noticed he has less dorsiflexion when pedaling but still as much heel drop so my guess is they also moved his cleats more aft as well.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KWalker

by KWalker

micky wrote:
glam2deaf wrote:Hell yeah, looking #lean. PCS has him at 65kg, so at 175cm thats getting pretty slim.

Wiki has him at 178cm and 60kgs which sounds more realistic by the look of his skinny feet.

He's pretty well known for tanking a few years of his career from super extreme self-implemented dieting particularly after his Shack years. From one pro's mouth he supposedly went full ketogenic for a winter and lost around 50 watts on his threshold power, tried to come back eating normally, then got neurotic again after some marginal success and tanked once more. Between that and crashing and also supposedly refusing to listen to his coaches, dude sounds like a waste of talent. He's probably the kind of person that absolutely needs the rigor and structure of a Sky type setup just so he isn't allowed to screw up.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

boots2000

by boots2000

I am not sure if he is a dieting whack job like you mention, or more just a terrific responder to PED's and the Postal program.
It is pretty easy to overdo it and not have negative repercussions when the medical program is strong enough.

KWalker wrote:
micky wrote:
glam2deaf wrote:Hell yeah, looking #lean. PCS has him at 65kg, so at 175cm thats getting pretty slim.

Wiki has him at 178cm and 60kgs which sounds more realistic by the look of his skinny feet.

He's pretty well known for tanking a few years of his career from super extreme self-implemented dieting particularly after his Shack years. From one pro's mouth he supposedly went full ketogenic for a winter and lost around 50 watts on his threshold power, tried to come back eating normally, then got neurotic again after some marginal success and tanked once more. Between that and crashing and also supposedly refusing to listen to his coaches, dude sounds like a waste of talent. He's probably the kind of person that absolutely needs the rigor and structure of a Sky type setup just so he isn't allowed to screw up.

Rob81

by Rob81

KWalker wrote:Looking at Cycling News pro bike Froome has some interesting fit changes for us nerds- smaller frame, 1.5cm lower seat height, 1cm shorter stem, and slightly less setback. I noticed he has less dorsiflexion when pedaling but still as much heel drop so my guess is they also moved his cleats more aft as well.

Compared to 2014 http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/pro ... -dogma-f8/
2017 has :
a lower saddle (-9mm) http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/chr ... e-gallery/
a -4mm stem for which with the same saddle and tip of its nose/handlebar at the same distance, is a ~4mm rearward saddle (assuming all is precisely measured)
and a very noticeable change in saddle angle

Haydn

by Haydn

My guess is hes getting old

caddis

by caddis

Rob81 wrote:
KWalker wrote:Looking at Cycling News pro bike Froome has some interesting fit changes for us nerds- smaller frame, 1.5cm lower seat height, 1cm shorter stem, and slightly less setback. I noticed he has less dorsiflexion when pedaling but still as much heel drop so my guess is they also moved his cleats more aft as well.

2017 has :
a -4mm stem for which with the same saddle and tip of its nose/handlebar at the same distance, is a ~4mm rearward saddle (assuming all is precisely measured)

No, it's just the camera angle...

flying

by flying

petepeterson wrote:Image

:D You know many years ago I use to think top
cyclist were really buffed because that is what we saw in Winning Magazine

Cyclist in Lycra looked quite muscular
Then one year I saw a photo of Alex Zulle with no shirt & I thought OMG
They must be reporting he found out he has cancer

But no it was just him without a shirt :lol:

AJS914

by AJS914

There is a reason cyclists zip up their jersey before the win. :-)

KWalker

by KWalker

Rob81 wrote:

2017 has :

I found quite a few different measurements and just used the first one in Google, which had 80.5cm and a 130 with spacers on a 57.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

antonioiglesius

by antonioiglesius

So he'll not be staring at his stem as much?

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Brajkovic's career trajectory is interesting. Suggesting he did well just because of special drugs that LA had is probably not quite the whole story....

Regardless. Being really skinny, staying healthy, not losing power, and clean is tough to do.

ave

by ave

I made an observation today. Caleb Ewan didn't sprint low, and he didn't win. Keep low! ;)

micky

by micky

antonioiglesius wrote:

So he'll not be staring at his stem as much?

Not as much but he likes to give a look at other's stems.

LouisN

by LouisN

:lol:

Louis :)

Rondje

by Rondje

Shouldn't the UCI step in here and kick Moscon out of the race?
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/moscon- ... -romandie/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com