Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:28 pm

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page Previous 139 40 41 42 4354 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:09 am
Posts: 82
Racing at the Circuit of the Americas F1 course in Austin, TX. If you ever wondered what it feels like to be clubbed by a construction cone while racing 30mph.

Image


Top
   
Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:18 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:55 am
Posts: 461
Location: US
Man that's awful, sad because my favorite part of the couple of tracks I've raced on was the lack of things to hit or avoid.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:09 am
Posts: 82
Exactly...we did one earlier in the summer, full course...no cones needed. People complained about a .1 mile climb on the course so the organizers made up some goofy course up and down the finishing straight/pit lane using cones to create the course. Why run the race on the rest of the $1B track :noidea:


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 pm
Posts: 3332
thePrince wrote:
People complained about a .1 mile climb on the course...

Lol what? Tell 'em to go ride the goddamn velodrome! :unbelievable: :lol:


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:23 am
Posts: 487
Location: switzerland
Zurich in sightImage

_________________
my homepage
my bike-park


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:12 pm
Posts: 2928
Location: eh?
Image

_________________
wheelsONfire wrote:
When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:29 am
Posts: 6678
Location: Athens, Greece
Image

_________________
My 6536gr TIME Skylon
My 9733gr COLNAGO Master X-light


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:02 am
Posts: 3762
Location: On the bike
thePrince wrote:
Racing at the Circuit of the Americas F1 course in Austin, TX. If you ever wondered what it feels like to be clubbed by a construction cone while racing 30mph.

Image


What was the body damage and the equipment damage for you?

_________________
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:05 am
Posts: 630
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
nice one Mr Gib. How cold was it? I see full gloves...
location: Grimsel pass seen from Furka pass


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:23 am
Posts: 487
Location: switzerland
Autumn is at the doorImageImageImage

_________________
my homepage

my bike-park


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:12 pm
Posts: 2928
Location: eh?
basilic wrote:
nice one Mr Gib. How cold was it? I see full gloves...
location: Grimsel pass seen from Furka pass


Yep, looking at the Grimsel from the Furka.

We had incredibly good weather. Sunny at the top of nearly all the passes over a two week stretch (probably 20 - 25 big climbs). Lost half a day to rain. Not cold at all, ranged from 10 - 15 degrees depending on the place, often felt like 20 degrees in the sun out of the breeze. And the bonus was not too hot in the valleys or on the climbs (sub 30). Those are shell gloves that I use for descending. Even at these reasonable temps, the wind chill at 80 km/h makes me reach for an extra layer.

Here is another shot. (those are the photographer's gloves tucked in leg of my bibs.
Image

_________________
wheelsONfire wrote:
When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:23 am
Posts: 487
Location: switzerland
Mr.Gib wrote:
basilic wrote:
nice one Mr Gib. How cold was it? I see full gloves...
location: Grimsel pass seen from Furka pass


Yep, looking at the Grimsel from the Furka.

We had incredibly good weather. Sunny at the top of nearly all the passes over a two week stretch (probably 20 - 25 big climbs). Lost half a day to rain. Not cold at all, ranged from 10 - 15 degrees depending on the place, often felt like 20 degrees in the sun out of the breeze. And the bonus was not too hot in the valleys or on the climbs (sub 30). Those are shell gloves that I use for descending. Even at these reasonable temps, the wind chill at 80 km/h makes me reach for an extra layer.

Here is another shot. (those are the photographer's gloves tucked in leg of my bibs.
Image
Tremola is very special. Should be on the bucketlist of every cyclist.

I rode some extra miles yesterday on the way back from the officeImageImageImageImageImage

_________________
my homepage

my bike-park


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:09 am
Posts: 82
53x12 wrote:
thePrince wrote:
What was the body damage and the equipment damage for you?


Lots of road rash, somehow nothing broken.

Equipment: pedals, helmet, bibs, jersey, Red RD, and...Addict R1 frame.

Trying to stay optimistic, the frame is being repaired, and I'm planning a custom paint scheme. I'll start a proper build thread soon.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:46 pm
Posts: 306
Camera stayed home yesterday .. 40 miles .. thru mostly rural Wisconsin. Crisp air .. at the 29 mi mark I came across an apple tree. Ripe and somewhat tart -- my favorite .. never tasted any better.

10+ day... even on a sore leg.


Top
   
Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:57 pm 


Top
   
 
 Post subject: 2017 On the road today
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:12 am
Posts: 308
Location: Brasil
Wrong topic. Sorry


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page Previous 139 40 41 42 4354 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2017 Road Disc Bike - what would you get?

[ Go to page: 13 4 5 6 7 ]

in Road

djgarrett21

103

16008

Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:54 pm

TonyM View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2006 vs 2016/2017 Road bike

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

Look595

15

3032

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:36 pm

stockae92 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. What has Frankie been doing today?

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Cycle Chat

Frankie - B

34

3216

Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:30 am

nobuseri View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) Today in things that suck

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 ]

in Road

kfreytag

63

6038

Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:48 am

kfreytag View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Eurobike 2017

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 ]

in Cycle Chat

dereksmalls

70

8125

Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:35 pm

bilwit View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bilwit, djbowen99, Miller, nemeseri and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited