2017 On the road today

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

kytyree

by kytyree

Man that's awful, sad because my favorite part of the couple of tracks I've raced on was the lack of things to hit or avoid.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thePrince

by thePrince

Exactly...we did one earlier in the summer, full course...no cones needed. People complained about a .1 mile climb on the course so the organizers made up some goofy course up and down the finishing straight/pit lane using cones to create the course. Why run the race on the rest of the $1B track :noidea:

wingguy

by wingguy

thePrince wrote:People complained about a .1 mile climb on the course...

Lol what? Tell 'em to go ride the goddamn velodrome! :unbelievable: :lol:

kingtom

by kingtom

Zurich in sightImage

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

53x12

by 53x12

thePrince wrote:Racing at the Circuit of the Americas F1 course in Austin, TX. If you ever wondered what it feels like to be clubbed by a construction cone while racing 30mph.

What was the body damage and the equipment damage for you?
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

basilic

by basilic

nice one Mr Gib. How cold was it? I see full gloves...

kingtom

by kingtom

Autumn is at the doorImageImageImage

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

basilic wrote:nice one Mr Gib. How cold was it? I see full gloves...

Yep, looking at the Grimsel from the Furka.

We had incredibly good weather. Sunny at the top of nearly all the passes over a two week stretch (probably 20 - 25 big climbs). Lost half a day to rain. Not cold at all, ranged from 10 - 15 degrees depending on the place, often felt like 20 degrees in the sun out of the breeze. And the bonus was not too hot in the valleys or on the climbs (sub 30). Those are shell gloves that I use for descending. Even at these reasonable temps, the wind chill at 80 km/h makes me reach for an extra layer.

Here is another shot. (those are the photographer's gloves tucked in leg of my bibs.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

kingtom

by kingtom

Mr.Gib wrote:
basilic wrote:nice one Mr Gib. How cold was it? I see full gloves...

Yep, looking at the Grimsel from the Furka.

We had incredibly good weather. Sunny at the top of nearly all the passes over a two week stretch (probably 20 - 25 big climbs). Lost half a day to rain. Not cold at all, ranged from 10 - 15 degrees depending on the place, often felt like 20 degrees in the sun out of the breeze. And the bonus was not too hot in the valleys or on the climbs (sub 30). Those are shell gloves that I use for descending. Even at these reasonable temps, the wind chill at 80 km/h makes me reach for an extra layer.

Here is another shot. (those are the photographer's gloves tucked in leg of my bibs.
Tremola is very special. Should be on the bucketlist of every cyclist. [emoji6]

I rode some extra miles yesterday on the way back from the officeImageImageImageImageImage

thePrince

by thePrince

53x12 wrote:
thePrince wrote:What was the body damage and the equipment damage for you?

Lots of road rash, somehow nothing broken.

Equipment: pedals, helmet, bibs, jersey, Red RD, and...Addict R1 frame.

Trying to stay optimistic, the frame is being repaired, and I'm planning a custom paint scheme. I'll start a proper build thread soon.

WinterRider

by WinterRider

Camera stayed home yesterday .. 40 miles .. thru mostly rural Wisconsin. Crisp air .. at the 29 mi mark I came across an apple tree. Ripe and somewhat tart -- my favorite .. never tasted any better.

10+ day... even on a sore leg.
Litespeed 2000 Appalachian 61 cm
Litespeed 1998 Blue Ridge 61cm

Fitness rider.. 1 yr from seven decades age.

That is my story and I'm stick'n to it.

danbjpa

by danbjpa

Wrong topic. Sorry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

53x12

by 53x12

thePrince wrote:Lots of road rash, somehow nothing broken.

Road rash is terrible. Sleeping at night. Taking showers. Putting clothes on and taking off. You are lucky nothing was broken. Could have been much worse.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."