2017 On the road today

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

7 hours on the bike, managed to have a solid 5 hours on gravel. Cruising around the Raglan coast. Doing a bit of recon for a race in July. The weather wasn't to bad for a winter day.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Half the gear no idea.... Anything that could go wrong this morning, did.
One plus for the day is that the @brasco.designs supplied Bioracer Skinny fits like an absolute glove. Image
Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

From the weekend...

And a short ride from last week:

image hosting more than 5mb

kingtom

by kingtom

Wasn't bad the last days. First (real) alpine pass done this year, the klausenpass. I rode it first on thursday. But sooooo much traffic. So i decided to do it again on friday evening on the way back home from work. 'Commuting especial' [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Rush

by Rush

kingtom wrote:Wasn't bad the last days. First (real) alpine pass done this year, the klausenpass. I rode it first on thursday. But sooooo much traffic. So i decided to do it again on friday evening on the way back home from work. 'Commuting especial' [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES

I'm only a little bit jealous.

Fantastic pics.

oldturd

by oldturd

Wow! Looks like everyone had a great weekend on the bike.. awesome scenery..

sovereign

by sovereign

TonyM

by TonyM

After I always enjoy looking at all the nice pictures in this thread (and have some nice memories sometimes like the Klausenpaß that I used to bike every two weeks in the summer as I lived in CH during the last 5 years) here my pictures from today...I am usually on the road bike but today on the MTB for a recovery ride after more than 300 km over the weekend on the roads...

Near Pitt Lake/ British Columbia/ Canada - 30 degrees [emoji274]

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

beatle

by beatle

sovereign wrote:Image

The Maroon Bells is one of my favorite spots in CO.

kingtom

by kingtom

TonyM wrote:After I always enjoy looking at all the nice pictures in this thread (and have some nice memories sometimes like the Klausenpaß that I used to bike every two weeks in the summer as I lived in CH during the last 5 years) here my pictures from today...I am usually on the road bike but today on the MTB for a recovery ride after more than 300 km over the weekend on the roads...

You lived here? Where?

But honestly, BC doesn't look that bad. Where do you like it more? To live? To cycle?
Last edited by kingtom on Tue May 30, 2017 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TonyM

by TonyM

kingtom wrote:You lived here? Where?

But honestly, BC doesn't look that bad. Where do you like it more? To live? To cycle?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

I lived in Siebnen, SZ (and worked in Lachen, SZ). So my usual bike tours on the weekend were either to the Klönthaler See, up to the Pragelpaß and back via Schwyz, or to the Klausenpaß and back via Schwyz, or around Einsiedeln or around Ebnat/ Wildhaus/ Herisau.

To bike (road bike) Europe is definitely much better. At least in the countries I have been living or biking like France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Italy. On the other side Canadian are very tolerant and not stiff at all! No arrogance at all over here. This is very nice compared to (old) Europe. Canada is only 150 years old....So not too many roads. I live near Vancouver and I am pleased to have an area where road biking is "quite" good at least. But I do miss the European roads and the Alps however. My favorite is still road biking in South in France/ Alps and Switzerland.

Where do you live and work?

kingtom

by kingtom

It's a small world. I live in Siebnen, since 15 years now [WINKING FACE]. Working near Zug. Some k's to commute. So you know my rides very well.

I know, that i'm living in a paradise. Its very expensive here. But we enjoy a perfect infrastructure and the roads are just perfect for cycling.

Generally i could say, i'm happy [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

rainerhq

by rainerhq

You should have quoted all those pictures again and again. Can you please edit your post.
Nothing against TonyM pictures of course.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

TonyM

by TonyM

kingtom wrote:It's a small world. I live in Siebnen, since 15 years now [WINKING FACE]. Working near Zug. Some k's to commute. So you know my rides very well.

I know, that i'm living in a paradise. Its very expensive here. But we enjoy a perfect infrastructure and the roads are just perfect for cycling.

Generally i could say, i'm happy [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Wow too bad I did not meet you 5 years ago.... :( I biked alone the 5 years I lived in Switzerland.

The life in Canada/ British Columbia is also expensive but the salaries over here are not that good as in Switzerland ... :( In Switzerland the cost are high but salaries are much higher, so that's fine 8)

Are you commuting every day from Siebnen to Zug and back ? how long does it take you fro commuting from Siebnen to your work near Zug?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kingtom

by kingtom

TonyM wrote:Wow too bad I did not meet you 5 years ago.... :( I biked alone the 5 years I lived in Switzerland.

The life in Canada/ British Columbia is also expensive but the salaries over here are not that good as in Switzerland ... :( In Switzerland the cost are high but salaries are much higher, so that's fine 8)

Are you commuting every day from Siebnen to Zug and back ? how long does it take you fro commuting from Siebnen to your work near Zug?

Too bad...
Not every day. 2-3 times a week. Depending the route i take. 50km or more, one way. Typically summer-ride is 55km, 700m climbing in the morning and 75km, 1200m in the evening. Enough to rest in shape, more or less [WINKING FACE]