2017 On the road today

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

I'm constantly disappointed by the quality of my photos compared to others on this site.

The good thing about the last few posts is that I've been motivated to look up how to get the best out of my phone camera, a Huawei P9 lite.

I'm hoping for an improvement.

Thanks for the encouragement
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MoPho

by MoPho

I use a Sony RX100. Phone is ok for many cases, but the control, zoom, image quality, and even more importantly the file quality is no where near as good as the Sony (or other camera).

The Sony is not waterproof, but I don't carry it with me in wet weather and I usually put a baggy or my phone case between it and my back so it doesn't get sweaty, or I put it in a neoprene case that is fairly easy to get it out.

Antoine

by Antoine

Gorges du Tarn

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Gearjunkie wrote:The S7 camera activation sounds better - Kayrehn, is the double tap home button a standard setting?

Under [emoji991] settings there's a 'quick launch' option, maybe with software upgrades it might be available on your phone as well, check it out?

A random pic on the move on a recent ride - whip out my phone and already double tapping the phone as I bring it out of the jersey pocket, snap and return it all within 5 secs. Image

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

Hmm, just had a quick look and couldn't see it on my dinosaur S5.

Will have a better look when I have more time.

Thanks for the tip!
:thumbup:
GJ

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Squashednuts wrote:I'm constantly disappointed by the quality of my photos compared to others on this site.

The good thing about the last few posts is that I've been motivated to look up how to get the best out of my phone camera, a Huawei P9 lite.

I'm hoping for an improvement.

Thanks for the encouragement

Ive had a few quite reasonable cameras,( currently a Sony AX 5000) an iphone, a samsung galaxy and find it a huge achievement if I can keep my thumb out of view and get it in reasonable focus.
Never taken a really good shot. ..even when on Safari and I borrowed my brother in laws swanky camera (a professional wildlife photographer and cameraman) they still sucked. I think there may be some kind of physical/mental handicap (crapfotoism?) which Im suffering from.

TonyM

by TonyM

The summer is officially over but the weather and the temperature are still nice (over 25 degrees today [emoji106])

ImageImage

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

Trying to improve quality of my pictures so I can accurately convey the beauty of NZ

Took the long way home
This is about 450m up on the Summit Road
Couple of photos looking out on Banks Peninsula ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

MoPho

by MoPho

kingtom

by kingtom

MoPho

[emoji7] lovely region.

Antoine

by Antoine

beast of Gevaudan and beast of Cannondale

RimClencher

by RimClencher

My prize for finishing second in the Weight Weenies Vuelta fantasy league, a Berk Lupina saddle, arrived in the post this week. Has to be the best thing I've won in a cycling competition fantasy or otherwise. I was riding a generic Chinese carbon saddle up until today, and this is by far more comfortable plus much lighter too. Mates are as impressed as I am. Thanks to Frankie for organising the league.

jever98

by jever98

Swiss autumn evening skies.
----
No longer in the industry

Antoine

by Antoine

Plateau de l'Aubrac

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

basilic

by basilic

Squashednuts wrote:I'm constantly disappointed by the quality of my photos compared to others on this site.

MoPho wrote:I use a Sony RX100.

Yeah, but MoPho also uses his eyes.
In the first picture, see the swoopy diagonal created by the road, corner to corner, the cyclists just in the right spot, the simple color palette, the lack of any distracting telephone poles etc.
In the second pic, the frame and contrast created by the shadows, the cyclists at one third of the width, and he didn't cut the road sign in half.

MoPho wrote:Image