2017 On the road today

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

kingtom

by kingtom

The weather turned these days... but the spring will be back soon.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Fiery

by Fiery

Much colder and wetter around here too, but this Saturday it cleared up beautifully in the afternoon.

kgt

by kgt

More rides on the mastic island:

JamieL

by JamieL

Thanks for the photos KGT, been maybe 10 years since i cycled around Chios!

Tomstr

by Tomstr

That is a handsome bike sir! (y)
Ride it like you stole it

Norregard

by Norregard

Rondje wrote:Was supposed to the ride Amstel Gold Race 150km loop, but the weather was too bad. Picked the wrong clothing and got too cold after the first stop at 50km so decided to take a shortcut to the finish line. Even rode in a ditch on my way back because I couldn't get my gloves on :oops:

I think a lot of people did the same. I completed the 150km route (thankfully brought my rain jacket, which I only put on after the first stop), but the last 40km (Huls, Kruisweg, Fromberg, Keutenberg, Cauberg) were really quiet. Other years there's nearly no space to ride up the Keutenberg, this year I had all the space I wanted (and needed :lol:). Safe to say I was glad to see the finish line.

Rondje

by Rondje

Looking fresh at the finish line!
Yeah I think a lot of people picked the wrong clothing, I had 3 layers on my body and 1 on the arms, simply wasn't enough (no rain jacket either). Also wasn't alone when I took the shortcut, was with 10/20 people going back to Valkenburg. Heard the same story of other guys of our group, really quiet in the 3rd part. Probably the only positive thing about the rain. My brother even ended the ride (150km) with no brake pads left because everyone around him was breaking so much when descending.

Been riding the Amstel for several years now (only skipped last year due to injury) and this have been the worse conditions I've rode it in.

moonoi

by moonoi

Found some large rubber ducks during my morning ride, just outside of Bangkok. Was a cool 37 degrees Celsius today...

Languid

by Languid

First Road race of the season: Strava Link, and a start of something new for me. Had a bad crash in my first ever RR last season, and never really got to love the bunch aspect. This race was pretty hilly, and was fairly brutal once it got going. As you can see from the picture, one of us forgot to pack more than one arm warmer... That certainly made the 2 degc, freezing rain, and wind on the second lap enjoyable. Six man break got away on the first time up Suie (locally famous), and we pushed the gap out to 1.5 minutes before the base of the climb again, up to the finish. Third place overall, and very happy with that! Probably did too much work on the first lap, but it worked out: lots yet to learn!

kingtom

by kingtom

I enjoyed the winter-comeback yesterday.
So is the weather here in april. Sunshine, rain and snow could you have everytime.

kingtom

by kingtom

Already fu****ing cold this morning. But its coming better the coming days.
But the view wasn't that bad this morning

ImageImage

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

kingtom

by kingtom

@lake zugImage

flying

by flying

Beautiful pics in this thread :thumbup:
You folks have great cameras/phones & skills for some great shots :beerchug:

This is in my back yard
Although it is 13,678 ' /4169m
from this side the road stops at 6662' /2030m

If it is windy the night before the road in the lower sections is nicely covered in leaves :wink:

wingguy

by wingguy

That looks fantastic @flying :thumbup:

Where is it?

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

14/04/17 - Castle Combe Easter Classic E/1/2. Me trying to get in the break (and failing):

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com