2017 On the road today

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

diegogarcia

by diegogarcia

55 miles around South Devon and Dartmoor today on the Madone 9. A bit grippy in the wind so deep section removed for box going up - 4850 feet. Nice to be out.

beatle

by beatle

diegogarcia wrote:55 miles around South Devon and Dartmoor today on the Madone 9. A bit grippy in the wind so deep section removed for box going up - 4850 feet. Nice to be out.

I will be visiting friends in your the Exeter area June 2-5 or so. Are there group rides in the area?

Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Using Tapatalk

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

How does that bag not rub your thighs? I have to cut the velcro seatpost strap off a small saddle bag to avoid rubbing, and I have very little fat on my body/legs, normal stance, average width hips etc. I guess it has something to do with the amount of saddle setback but you have a fair bit. :noidea: If I need to carry that much gear, I have to hire a following van :D

Anyway - good to see someone out on a big adventure.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Haha that's just commuting to work. Easy way to knock out 95km :)

The backs of my legs just touch the bag at the bottom of the pedal stroke but its barely noticeable.
Using Tapatalk

diegogarcia

by diegogarcia

beatle wrote:
diegogarcia wrote:55 miles around South Devon and Dartmoor today on the Madone 9. A bit grippy in the wind so deep section removed for box going up - 4850 feet. Nice to be out.

I will be visiting friends in your the Exeter area June 2-5 or so. Are there group rides in the area?

Thanks!

Exeter Wheelers and Mid Devon spring to mind. I moved here 4 years ago and ride alone on the whole. Where are you going to be based ?

wingguy

by wingguy

Dodging the April showers that have arrived in March :P Seemed like 4 different weather fronts every hour but some lovely sunshine inbetween!

And last week in Broadchurch :wink:

beatle

by beatle

diegogarcia wrote:
beatle wrote:

Thanks!

Exeter Wheelers and Mid Devon spring to mind. I moved here 4 years ago and ride alone on the whole. Where are you going to be based ?

Friends are right in Exmouth.

kingtom

by kingtom

eins4eins

by eins4eins

commuting to work for the first time this year. great way to start the weekend :)

kingtom

by kingtom

First time this year?? [emoji79] oh, you missed soooo many beautiful mornings... [emoji12]
Last edited by Frankie - B on Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed the quote.

kingtom

by kingtom

Not the usual way back home frome the office. Some extra km today, calling friday special.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Guarding the back of the pack.
Using Tapatalk

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Foehn kicking up a fuss today so might as well ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wingguy

by wingguy

Those are some lovely but nasty clouds :wink:

What would you be doing with no foehn, do you fly?