YouTube Cycling Channel project

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

emorydptt

by emorydptt

So i'm looking to start a fun project on youtube. A cycling channel. Yes there are plenty out there. Obviously GCN and other guys. My passion for cycling has me wanting to give back to the community then just post great deals on the classified.
The channel just went live a few days ago and I'm hoping to release 3-4 videos a week.

Let me know what you think.
Feedback and ideas welcomed.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuNppU ... xPEGdmcIvQ

Please subscribe and spread the word!

Thanks and enjoy!

"keep the grams down and the watts up" -KSquared Cycling
be Khoi, be Khang!
-2014 Cipollini Bond EPS | 2017 enigma echo SR11 | 2011 Time RXR ULTeam SR11 | 2010 Colnago EPS SR11 | 2013 Colnago C59 SR-EPS | 2011 Colnago Prestige Di2 | 2013 Specialized Shiv TT SWorks SR11

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Less time making and watching videos. More time hammering. :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Great idea, could you please turn the background music a little lower. It makes hearing you quite hard at times.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

emorydptt

by emorydptt

Thanks for the feedback. Agreed. I'm working on doing a better job in editing the sound quality. The newer videos are better and I'm looking to use a lapel mic.

Latest video: 2015 UCI Road World Championships: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4eP9ji0XDk

Thanks!
be Khoi, be Khang!
-2014 Cipollini Bond EPS | 2017 enigma echo SR11 | 2011 Time RXR ULTeam SR11 | 2010 Colnago EPS SR11 | 2013 Colnago C59 SR-EPS | 2011 Colnago Prestige Di2 | 2013 Specialized Shiv TT SWorks SR11

emorydptt

by emorydptt

A new segment on my youtube channel: Athlete Spotlight.

Jarrod Shoemaker is the 1st of many to come!

https://youtu.be/CRmFCJY8WH0
be Khoi, be Khang!

emorydptt

by emorydptt

New maintenance video uploaded:
https://youtu.be/bqdmRNwoqxY

Thanks for watching.
be Khoi, be Khang!

mcbbcn

by mcbbcn

Emory,

I would suggest you incorporate humor in your channel. There is some hilarious stuff with cycling and I'm sure it will be welcomed.

Good luck on the project!

Shrike

by Shrike

Honesty time.

Feedback Sports, Feedback Sports. That's all my brain registered in the first 30 secs. Sounded like you were shilling Feedback Sports and closed the vid.

Do fun stuff, the atmosphere is very web 1.0.

You need an edgy, fast paced intro. No need to talk in full sentences. Okay, this is this. Boom, here we go. Cool right. Boom. Next.

Keep people's attention. You can't stand in one spot in a dull, messy garage in monotone talking about a Feedback Sports workstand or whatever.

Your channel will fade into obscurity with a million others.

You yourself, have a lot of potential I would say, as a Youtube personality. You have the right look and age to attract viewers. You just need to get an angle, a cool one and learn how to make even really dull shit seem exciting. Inject pace first and foremost, then you can work on setting etc.

Even a few seconds can seem like a long time to a viewer if they're not hooked on watching you, specifically.

The reason GCN can do some videos where they sit and review the whole week now, is because viewers like to watch the presenters as they feel they know them. Even still, they have the wall decorated in cool shit and always have gimmicks going on.

They have a production team behind them though, but a one man band can be successful too. We've seen it in gaming of course. Cycling however is massively expensive to always get your hands on new content compared to gaming, which is super, super cheap.

Think about your angle - if you're doing something that's been done before, in the same way. Scratch it.

But like I said, you're a proper candidate for this sort of thing. You have the right look and style, accent, age etc.

Maybe jump on new stuff - Zwift is still relatively low key, but growing fast. Maybe become a Zwift personality as there's loads of room for them right now, then bring people into other cycling stuff through that.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com