cycling in Turin

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

axel

by axel

Hey guys!

I'm a 20 year old student and i will be from february to august in Turin (italy).
Do you know the best places to ride there? And is there some kind of group rides?

Thanks and if someone is in town we'll share a beer ;)

Cheers

Axel

wingguy

by wingguy

Everywhere? I'd say that due east is practically the only direction in which Torino isn't surrounded by some of the best riding on the planet! Especially if you're going to have a car or use of some local transport, you've got the Ligurian coast (eg San Remo), the alps on the french border (eg. Sestriere), the climbs towards Switzerland and even the Como area (eg Il Lombardia) within striking distance for a day trip.

It's a bloody paradise! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

axel

by axel

Thanks Wingguy!
I'm going to be with my car so i could plan something interesting :)

I want to do the colle del nivolet, colle delle finestre, madonna del ghisallo...
Do you know other iconic climbs?

basilic

by basilic

also, if you head Southwest (near Cuneo, city with a nice feel btw), some great cols above 2000m: Agnello, Sampeyre, Fauniera/Valcavera, Lombarda...
some photos from earlier this year here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=136893&start=467
These would open in June I guess.
Earlier try the Ligurian Alps, North of Imperia/Sanremo/Ventimiglia

axel

by axel

Wow Basilic thank you for the piece of advice, this looks incredible