Looking for a list of LBS's in Taipei

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

If anyone from Taipei, please provide website links of LBS's in the area. I'll be visiting Taipei in few weeks and hope to pick up some local goodies (e.g. Giant frame, wheels, complete bike).
Thanks!
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

davetung

by davetung

Columbus Cycling

IMG_0695.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acetonehk

by acetonehk

Maybe you can firstly check the distributor/dealers at Taipei of Giant, Specialized, Trek, Scott etc. And then go to the shops to ask for more information.

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

acetonehk wrote:Maybe you can firstly check the distributor/dealers at Taipei of Giant, Specialized, Trek, Scott etc. And then go to the shops to ask for more information.

Yes, but this page www.giantcyclingworld.com/store.php doesn't translate to English using Bing translator nor Google translator.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

ipenguinking

by ipenguinking

What do you need to know from the page? Giant stores in Taipei vary quite a bit - from those selling higher end models to those selling only commuters. Which area will you be staying in Taipei?

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

When I was last in Taiwan, I googled some bike shops and those then use Facebook to see if they have a web presence there. The higher their web presence, the more likely they they will appeal to weightweenies [emoji1]

Ended up visiting a nice shop which stocks Specialized, Cervelo, Orbea, and quite a lot of candies that even comes with a dedicated women's corner. But I can't tell you where that is already ha.

acetonehk

by acetonehk

mpulsiv wrote:Yes, but this page http://www.giantcyclingworld.com/store.php doesn't translate to English using Bing translator nor Google translator.

From the website, there are 75 shops in Taipei and New Taipei cities. I believe only part of them sell high-end bikes and parts.
There is one flagship shop of Liv, the female serial.
Address: No. 345 & 347, Dunhua N Rd, Songshan District, Taipei City, Taiwan 105

And you can tick the "Right Ride system" square (left side, scroll down), meaning a fitting system. I assume only big shops have this equipment.

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

I will be in Taipei for only 1 day hence I asked for list of LBS's so I can plan my day accordingly before I land there. Trains are everywhere, no problem getting around to other parts of town.

Replying back with no LBS name or address is useless information for me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com