Getting rollers - recomendations please

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Zak

by Zak

So I just ordered some large Rare Earth Magnet cubes. I can't wait to see how it works :-).

And a little bonus info. I have been experimenting with different tires to get the most silent rollers and have been amased by the difference even small patterns in the tires make. I have ended up finding the Continental home trainer tires to be the most silent. Only a low pitch rather pleasant humming is cumming from the rollers and I would say and the noise level is so I don't have to raise my voice to have a conversation.

the tires I have tried in ranked order (worst to best): Continental Competition, Continental 4-season, Schwalbe One and the winner Continental home trainer tire.

beatle

by beatle

Zak wrote:So I just ordered some large Rare Earth Magnet cubes. I can't wait to see how it works :-).

I'm interested to hear your take.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zak

by Zak

@ beatle: Since I have the Challenger drums on my Kreitler rollers there is a 3-4 cm from the frame to the aluminum. Therefore I ordered 3 rare earth magnets messuering 6 cm * 2 cm * 1 cm. If I put one of them on the frame and then attach the 2 others to the first one the combined magnet stick will be 18 cm long and therefore possible to put most of it close to the aluminum part of the drum. I hope my decription makes sence. And I hope it will work :P

beatle

by beatle

@Zak: Yeah, that should do it. : )