Issues with Starbike.com - no communication

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

RidNoah

by RidNoah

Hi

does anyone know what's happened to Starbike.com?

I have returned a defective Campagnolo bora 50 ultra clincher to them as requested, I dealt with Christian and up to shipping the wheel all was ok and the communication was very good. I received shipping confirmation that it was delivered to Starbike.com, but since shipping I have contacted them over the last 23 days every email and phone call has been ignored. Its really strange and now worrying. Does anyone know what has happened? Have the gone bust? I am obviously very concerned by this and now considering my options to escalate this. Any feedback would be great.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

They replied a recent query of mine saying they are swamped with emails. I happened to returned something a while back too but no response, though they said they will check on it. That was on 14 Sept. Business is probably too good and it's keeping them busy [emoji28]

RidNoah

by RidNoah

That's for the quick reply. They were going to send it to their supplier to seek a replacement for me. I am just concerned this is now not going to happen and I will loose my very expensive wheel. I am thinking of speaking direct with Campagnolo to seek their advice on whether they have it?

RidNoah

by RidNoah

RidNoah

by RidNoah

Also the contact number for them is a mobile number.

mr_tim

by mr_tim

if they have sent the wheelset back to supplier and waiting on inspection & then maybe rebuild - then you are in for a wait...

As a retailer sometimes awkward questions are best avoided with silence...

& sadly it goes hand in hand with mail order - the price reflects the reduced level of customer care & handling.

When was the item issued to them (i.e. not when the emails / queries commenced).

stormur

by stormur

Are bigger shops with much higher number of clients(issues) and they can manage to contact within 72h. 23 days is 20 days to much, in this situation I would report fraud to bank and recover money. 23 days without response is good enough reason to do it succesfully.

Their issues ( staff, time, suppliers ... whatever ) are THEIR not yours.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

maverick_1

by maverick_1

Same problem here..
Returned two Extralite stems due to manufacturing issues 14 days ago, items were delivered approx 10 days ago however no reply from Starbike nor from Christian after that. Expecting a refund or replacement, status unknown as of today :noidea:

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

While my experiences with Starbike have been relatively positive for the most part, the only exchange I had was for that of a saddle in which I sought an exchange. Sadly, it took nearly 9mths until everything was resolved.

I, in no way, want to throw egg on anybody's face but it is fact that they are understaffed and overwhelmed with having to satiate customer needs globally. As an individual customer, frustrations often build with the desire for a quick remedy to issues but we always fail to realize that there are others in the pot who have taken their numbers much earlier in the process.
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

5DII

by 5DII

did they get rid of the 5% discount for WW members?

nismosr

by nismosr

same here .. I email them about returning an Item or possible price match which they do .. but by the time they emailed me back they said they can't do it because the item is out of stock. so I just gave up. I have the same situation with a buddy, took 6 months to get his refund back !
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

maverick_1

by maverick_1

Anyone receiving any reply from Starbike so far?
Zero reply from them for almost a month...

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

@Maverick, best to stay patient at this point granted there's nothing you can do? I'm sure they are overwhelmed with orders and inquiries.
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

stormur

by stormur

Best is to report fraud to bank& card issuer and recover money until will be to late ( depends from country regulations, but usually 60-90 days from payment ) . Their issues are their, NOT YOURS. It can be "to much" orders, but can be beggining of the end, isn't it ?
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Ok I just saw them refunding my purchases that I returned when I checked my credit card bill, dated a few days back. All on all that took slightly more than a month, but I'm happy.