Well Designed Bib Shorts Options?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

I love Pactimo's Summit Raptor bib and considered it the best bib short i had ever worn (formerly wore Assos). Their new Summit Stratos bib is even better.

the pattern is a ceramic bead tech... its pretty cool.

If you're interested, hit me with a pm and I can send you my Brand Ambassador friends and family code for 30% off.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

uraqt

by uraqt

Assos' pad hold too much water when wet, not even in the top 5 of bibs.

C

1415chris

by 1415chris

So, Assos T.cento and Etxeondo Attaque arrived. I was really hoping to have something different than Rapha or Castelli this time.
T.cento - good material, chamois is very thick and big, very good finish, everything perfect till I put them on. Legs are too short for my liking, nothing distinctive, just really like the length of Castelli Mondiale. Assos states they are more stretchy, suitable for bigger guys. I'm 6'2 200lbs and the abdominal section is just too loose for me, there is almost no support, the material is extremely stretchy. Love the shoulder straps, though. So judging by the first impression, in terms of the fit, for me they are below Castelli Mondiale and Rapha PT.
Will give them one more chance before sending back.
Etxeondo Attaque - very nice soft materials, probably not that durable like Assos, Rapha PT. Nevertheless high quality overall. Longer legs, good compression and support in legs and abdominal sections. Straps are rather on heavy side, not as nice as in Assos. Generally, from my experience all these shorts present high standards and there is not such a thing, that objectively one is better than another, it always comes to personal preferences.

wobbly

by wobbly

CrankAddictsRich wrote:I love Pactimo's Summit Raptor bib and considered it the best bib short i had ever worn (formerly wore Assos). Their new Summit Stratos bib is even better.

If you're interested, hit me with a pm and I can send you my Brand Ambassador friends and family code for 30% off.

+1 for Pactimo - the Raptor version is my first choice now - I got the longer leg version and they ARE long...
Comfy chamois and are still looking good :thumbup: :thumbup:

I am not an Ambassador either :cry: :cry:

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

wobbly wrote:
CrankAddictsRich wrote:I love Pactimo's Summit Raptor bib and considered it the best bib short i had ever worn (formerly wore Assos). Their new Summit Stratos bib is even better.

+1 for Pactimo - the Raptor version is my first choice now - I got the longer leg version and they ARE long...
Comfy chamois and are still looking good :thumbup: :thumbup:

I am not an Ambassador either :cry: :cry:

If you like the Raptors, give the Stratos a try... they are awesome. I love the fact that they have the two different options for length too.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

I wear a whole buncha different brands, but for the women who participate on the WW forum, I can say that my wife just recently got a set of Velocio women's Signature Fly Bibs. These are a game changer. For my wife and a number of female riders in Vienna, these are the absolute pinnacle of women's bibs. My wife avoided bibs of any kind for years due to 'potty break issues' and the Velocio solves all of those issues and provides a superior fit. These women seem to swear by them. For reference my wife previously used Assos shorts almost exclusively.

csf

by csf

the pattern is a ceramic bead tech... its pretty cool.

after read all the topic I will order Pactimo's kit-how to get 30off discount?

alpinestar

by alpinestar

I really like the bib´s from Bioracer! For me the pad is just right, and the leg grippers are super nice! Soigneur does some nice designs with Bioracer:
http://soigneur.dk/butik/

Wookski

by Wookski

Search and State S2R. Minimal branding, fantastic quality and made in New York. My new favourite!

peted76

by peted76

Big ups over here for PedalEd, the Natsu shorts are the most comfy I've worn and they have a 'quality feel' to them... they've replaced my default Rapha Pro Team shorts.
I'm a medium in Rapha and am a small in that particular PedalEd short.
I also considered swapping from black and buying their navy blue ones, then thought better of it, was a silly thought.

kytyree

by kytyree

Tried any of their jerseys?

peted76

by peted76

Yes, I ordered it with their 'Narita Carbon Jersey' which is also lovely, the front pocket I've found to be a bit surplus to requirement but it is very very comfy stretchy material. I note with the jersey that it's really wicks very well and feels very light when wearing it (although I've not weighed it).

HakeemT

by HakeemT

Try DHB - the Aeron, Aeron Speed and ASV all come in black with minimal branding. I know they're not a sexy brand but most of the kit in the top-end of their range is very good quality and great value for money.
The Aeron and ASV knicks I own compare favourably (for me at least) to the Rapha classic and pro-team stuff I also use.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

I have a special place for things "New York". I lived there for many years, grew up nearby, met the love of my life there, etc.
That encouraged me to seek out the Search & State brand.
But then I held their stuff in my hands and was left scratching my head. M'eh...

There is a special respect and enjoyment found in a high-end, technical bib short that delivers, but these feelings apply equally to an affordable bib that delivers a performance punch way above its price point.
S&S misses the mark on both counts. Fabrics, cut, pad and price are all underwhelming.
I cannot see a situation where I would choose S&S bibs over (a) spending more for something like Q36.5 / Assos or (b) picking up two sets of LaPassione bibs.

I guess my loyalty to things "New York" is eroding. :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eightace

by eightace

Without wanting to hijack the thread I seem to be unable to wear Bib shorts due to my long torso meaning the shoulder straps pull a lot. Any makes that seem to allow for this?
I am using non-Bib shorts currently.