One day in Nice

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

Dear all,

So I'll be in Nice over the weekend, and was gonna hire a bike for a day (thinking a Giant TCR or a Colnago from Cafe du Cycliste).

Now I'm looking for a good route that I can do! Any top tips folks?

Thanks in advance!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pastronef

by pastronef

MikeyBE wrote:Dear all,

So I'll be in Nice over the weekend, and was gonna hire a bike for a day (thinking a Giant TCR or a Colnago from Cafe du Cycliste).

Now I'm looking for a good route that I can do! Any top tips folks?

Thanks in advance!

right from the Port in Nice (by Cafe du Cycliste) you can ride up to the Col d'Eze, then ride to La Turbie, down to Menton, col de la Madone, down to Peille, cote de Peille downhill, (water fountain just over the bridge in La Garde de Peille) then all the long valley to La Trinitè and into Nice again

ask the guys at Cafè du Cycliste to point you to the Col d'Eze climb (otherwise you end up climbing the road from the side they use as a downhill in Paris-Nice)

or ride northbound to La Trinitè, then Escarene, Col de Braus and back

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

Awesome. Thanks very much! I've saved this route as a GPX ;)

Sent from my 6039Y using Tapatalk

RyanH

by RyanH

That's a good route, the reverse is really good as well if you're in a climbing mood (I prefer this way). The route up to Peille is a classic switchback on the hillside route with an average grade of around 8% I think. Make sure to stop in Peille as it's a really neat town on the side of a cliff.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk