Any WW's in the US have experience with...

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

FMB51

by FMB51

bike-components.de?? Have purchased wheels from Starlike with very positive experience, but love to her about other's experiences. Thank you in advance!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kevhogaz

by kevhogaz

I did not use Bike-components.de, but I did use Hi-Bike when I built my MTB. I struggled with bike-components address page, and it wouldn't allow me to properly put in a US address. That was the only reason I didn't use 'em.

I found that you had to buy quite a bit, to offset the shipping, but in my case, the savings more than made up for the shipping costs. Delivery time was very reasonable, too. Ordered around Xmas, and had the stuff in less than 2 weeks. I used Pay Pal, and it seemed their conversion rate was slightly higher than a banks would have been. Not by much, but definitely a little higher.

I did find that some components could be sourced in the states, for a lot cheaper. Ebay and new bike take-offs saved me a little money, too.

Marin

by Marin

I'm in Austria, so no overseas shipping experience, but bike-components has been my go-to shop for years and I've never had any problems, even with warranties and sending items back.

jimborello

by jimborello

Bike components is also ok, but when you get your ww discount for posting enough here it makes Starbike cheaper, also shipping is cheaper here.