Rio 2016 - Anna Meares - the queen of gracious

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

dadoflam08

by dadoflam08

As an Australian I was totally unimpressed and embarrassed by the behaviour of our Men's team pursuit team on the podium and afterwards after going down to Great Britain earlier this week - a complete lack of graciousness in defeat - after achieving more than most in the competition.

Fortunately Anna Meares has shown them how a true Olympian deals with not achieving their goals. She has just recorded one of the best interviews I can recall in recent times after being relegated to fighting for 9th place despite being expected to contest for gold. As an Aussie it caused a tear or two in our house. You don't have to be Australian to see she is an impressive athlete and person:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAYgjgpfQmc
Last edited by dadoflam08 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'83 De Rosa+'11 Baum Corretto+'08 BMC Pro Machine >6kg+'86 Pinarello Team +'72 Cinelli SC +'58 Bianchi+'71 Cinelli SC+'78 Masi GC+'83 La Redoute Motobecane+'94 Banesto Pegoretti+'88 Bianchi X4 +'48 Super Elliott+'99 Look Kg281+'18 Pegoretti

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bungis

by bungis

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

Meh anyway, talk is cheap. She failed in the games and now she's earning side points for a good interview. Not impressed at all.

Bondurant

by Bondurant

Gracious of you Bungis. Meares deserves enormous respect for her career IMO.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Decky

by Decky

And it was great to see Anna and Victoria Pendleton,having a good old heart to heart after Anna's race,showing true respect too each other

dadoflam08

by dadoflam08

yes - that was covered in the following interview - seeing the greatest and sometimes fiercest of career rivals becoming good friends after the riding rivalry and Victoria being there in Rio and lending a supportive shoulder was great to see.
'83 De Rosa+'11 Baum Corretto+'08 BMC Pro Machine >6kg+'86 Pinarello Team +'72 Cinelli SC +'58 Bianchi+'71 Cinelli SC+'78 Masi GC+'83 La Redoute Motobecane+'94 Banesto Pegoretti+'88 Bianchi X4 +'48 Super Elliott+'99 Look Kg281+'18 Pegoretti

choiboi

by choiboi

bungis wrote:"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

Meh anyway, talk is cheap. She failed in the games and now she's earning side points for a good interview. Not impressed at all.

Wow. How many Olympic medals have you won?
David
[b]'10 CANNONDALE CAAD10

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bogan

by Bogan

Hi Bunghole, sorry Bungis, I don't know if you are trolling or not, but how about being a little gracious. Either that or as someone pointed out, tell us about your Olympic Medals.

Anna Meares is a class act and always has been. Hope she finds a good gig after she quits. She has inspired a lot of girls in Australia, and probably elsewhere, to get on a bike.
MAMIL? Never. O.F.I.L. yeh! (Old F**ker in Lycra)