Well Designed/Subtle Jersey Options?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Skin suits, no middle bunching [emoji14]
Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KWalker

by KWalker

Catella looks like a sausage casing.

Oddly the top of the line Speci pro and merino jerseys are really good fit and have held up better than Rapha.

BTW I had the LS Rapha Training Jersey and it fit fantastic minus the sleeve length, but I have long arms. Got the short sleeve and it was a completely different material (not as nice) and really weird cut. Super tight body that measured 1.5 in narrower, but really long sleeves that were tight at the end and loose in the middle. Wasn't a fan of that or the Classic and sent em back.

I seriously don't get how these new companies think they should be charging more than established brands to throw together some "design" in Illustrator and test out a few stock cuts and then become a 'kit company'.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

uraqt

by uraqt

Not fair to imply that Catella "throw together some "design"" I think there might be one other company that welds seams and I am not so sure that they make jerseys.

That is innovative also they are using non-standard materials, IMO I think that is worth giving them the benefit of doubt.

C

KWalker

by KWalker

I wasn't throwing Catella into that category since what they make stands out from normal kit construction, I just think that the combo of material and lack of seams makes them look like a sausage casing. Seams have never bothered me so I don't see any reason to spend that much money on one.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

tonytourist

by tonytourist

The best part about the Catella kit is the logo.

beeatnik

by beeatnik

Is there a sausage casing quality? Well, that's subjective. However if one requires a "subtle" aesthetic the options can be limited to the 20th Century European Fascist Uniform or the Transgressive Fetish Textures popularized by the Big Brand Across the Pond. Now, as I understand subtle, a solid yet fashion forward single color jersey constructed through a manufacturing process where performance is the primary design principle (no flapping, no turbulence creating seams, no heat buildup), that combination is not the current vogue in the cycling apparel industry. In any case, why ride an aero frame while wearing a jersey which acts as a parachute. YMMV.

And, Tony, are you a Graphic Design professional? Yep, the House Industries created logo is pretty rad.

Aero Not Aero

Subtle and yet it stands out in a crowd
Last edited by beeatnik on Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Liggero

by Liggero

prendrefeu wrote:I can't speak for the replicas, but I did try a few of the various bib shorts on aliexpress & ebay because I sought cheap, not terrible, but decent bib shorts for commuting (14-16mi/each way with a bit of climbing both ways). I tried 4 different "brands" and they all sucked.

Construction: Either the pad was too small or set too far back in the shorts, making my penis be fairly well 'outlined' at the front of the shorts. It might have been o.k. for riding (I never tried them, pad seemed thick enough) but it would not have been good for work: I work in an office with mostly women and gay men. My entire department is women. I think except for me and the office manager there may be only one other 'straight' guy in the office. It just would not be appropriate for me to walk into the office sweaty with what would basically be my cock in full view.

Materials: one brand had the 'compression strip' ending on the shorts, the rest used a silicon band and rarely matched pictures. Material was very, very basic lycra. Nothing fancy at all.

It's not worth it.

If you're looking for decent, affordable bibs that you can commute in I've been happy with DHB Aeron.

what kind of office is so nice? all girls and no competition.
Happy Trails !!!

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

@ beeatnik:

I really like the look of the Catella GMR jersey. Nice.

Couple of (ok 3) issues:

+ How big are the pockets. I carry waaay too much stuff in my pockets, so need plenty of space.
+ No zip valuables pocket?
+ Cost is steep once I factor in the exchange rate and shipping - will be around $400 for me. Guess you get what you pay for...

Point

by Point

I have to agree with Kgt, from what I've seen the Catella stuff doesn't look like it fit's great. It's pulling where it shouldn't. It looks to me like the cut is suited more for off the bike than on the bike - That isn't to say the material/welded seem's doesn't seem/look great. I'm just fussy about fit after being/interested in the fashion industry.
Road - Burls Custom Ti
All Year - Rove ST
Gravel - Carbonda CFR 696
Instagram

Point

by Point

Has anyone seen the UK brand VeloBici? Design and fit looks great, the price is a little eye watering though.
Road - Burls Custom Ti
All Year - Rove ST
Gravel - Carbonda CFR 696
Instagram

ManekiNico

by ManekiNico

Gearjunkie wrote:I really like the look of the Catella GMR jersey. […] Cost is steep once I factor in the exchange rate and shipping - will be around $400 for me. Guess you get what you pay for...

I discovered that Catella has an Australian site at au.catella.cc. It’s not clear, but it looks like the prices are in AUD: $265 for the GMR jersey there vs. $199 on the regular site. No idea where they actually ship from though… Hope that helps.
Mom: He was very sickly until he started riding around on that bicycle.
Dad: Yeah... well... now his body’s fine, but his mind is gone.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

So, reporting back on the DeMarchi Corsa Evo jersey.
The blue color is not as muted as in the picture I posted earlier when held in proper light, which is preferred in all honesty.
The cut is not race fit, but not club either, I had to size down to get the body correct. (Note, I am no longer a taper V body type, kinda 'dadbod' at the moment.)
Sized down, the body fits without stretch folds and the shoulders still work, but the arms are cut long and very narrow.
This might not be a major problem for most, but could be for some as the fabric is not hyper stretchy. Those with "big guns" should probably avoid.
The jersey is simple, understated and very affordable (on sale in many places).
Seams appear to be sturdily sewn and there is some unobtrusive gummy at the waist so the jersey sits in place when riding.
Pockets are ok. The small, rear zippered pocket is placed on top of the middle open pocket, so you may get some bunching there if more than a key is stored and you are using the open middle pocket.
The fabric is heavier and more oriented toward early autumn riding in my estimation, but there is some nice vented mesh designed into the underarms, which is appreciated.
For reference, I chose a size L in DeMarchi. I am usually an XL in LaPassione, Café Du Cycliste, Castelli, Verge, Isadore.
I would count this as a well-constructed, robust training jersey for cooler days - if it turns out to be a fragile piece, I'll report back.

DutchMountains

by DutchMountains

I don't own any, and they're expensive, but Ashmei looks really nice IMO. They use a merino/carbon hybrid and ship from the UK.

KarlC

by KarlC

beeatnik wrote:
uraqt wrote:@beeatnik

Catella better be good I just bought one, love the Weldedskin idea....

C

Awesome, post pics from your first ride.

This is Ronnie Toth, Cat1 member of the Centric Elite Team sponsored by Catella, who will be racing at Redhook Barcelona for FHTN Leader this weekend:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJeH6GJgvvS ... llacycling

That photo in the instagram is a bad fit, maybe he needs to go down 1 size ?

To much bunching and wrinkles as it is now
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

What the heck is running across the upper thigh under the fabric? It looks like a fold that would be terribly uncomfortable. Is this dude wearing an undergarment or is this part of the design? :?

Nefarious86 wrote:Image
Skin suits, no middle bunching [emoji14]

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com