Well Designed/Subtle Jersey Options?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

micky

by micky

It looks like PedalMafia likes to ride with underwear!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fitty4

by fitty4

http://eu.humanspeed.dk/mens/men-bike/jersey.html they are having a sale now. Me wearing a training jersey, it´s very comfortable, pretty nice fit, I haven´t tried their race jersey yet but I´m about to place an order. They also have nice speedsuits which is called tri suits on the page, I have one, the pillow is not very thick but the suit is very snug Image

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

micky wrote:It looks like PedalMafia likes to ride with underwear!

Ding haha. Never noticed that.
Using Tapatalk

1415chris

by 1415chris

Recently I got myself the sets of Black Sheep and Maap jerseys, bibs and caps.

Jersey sizing, both, although I was told that Maap runs more like Castelli, are close to Rapha sizing (I'm referring to Rapha and Catelli as they are the only brands in my cycling wardrobe Castelli XL, Rapha L).
Both Maap and BS are nicely made, good materials, nothing extraordinary, though.
Althoug, if you are fussy, you may find that they are not on the same level as Rapha in terms of the cut and fit.
Price wise, they are quite expensive for what you get. Don't get me wrong, they are nice jerseys, but I would place them in below £100 price range for quality. For exclusivity price is acceptable.

Although this thread it's all about jerseys, I have to mention about their bib shorts.
Generally no even close to Rapha pro team and Castelli Aero, Paint. The cut and panels are very simple.
Size wise, BS L and Maap XL. I thikn I would be struggling with their L size. The gripper is quite tight. Maap's wide leg gripper is a nice touch. You can feel that your legs are really compressed, in good way.
Both bibs are on longer side. On top of this BS are very stretchy, vertically.
I could have the gripper on my existing tan line or easily about 6cm/2 inches lower.
So far nothing wrong, but when you look at the chamois you may think that you are dealing with £60/70 price range bibs, not £155, £120, Maap and BS respectively.
Very generic, small and thin chamois pads which both are stiched in by simple one thread. Comparing to Rapha and Castelli it's like day and night.
And few words on their caps. Both, fabric is on thicker side more like Rapha clasic cap. They are dipper than Rapha and Castelli ones I have got.
As the one size they suppose to fit all sort of differen size heads. I'm a bigger guy with proportionaly bigger head. Smaller guys might find these caps sitting on their ears/eyebrow line :) BS fit is ok. Maap, toooo much fabric even for my big head.

Imo, both brands' quality is not yet there where their prices already are.
Last edited by 1415chris on Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

You wear 'cups' on your head? :D

Kidding.

Thanks for the input / feedback on those brands.

1415chris

by 1415chris

That's what we do over here in Surrey :)
Haha, it looks like my tablet prefers cups over caps.

Point

by Point

Cheers for your input 1415chris!

Not sure if I mentioned in here, I went for the Q36.5 L1 jersey in the end. Absolutely love it for temperature regulation. Unfortunately my body runs hot, and so even with just a jersey on I often feel warm or too hot, but I couldn't be more impressed with how 'normal' the L1 jersey makes me feel, placebo or not I end up feeling comfortable throughout my rides.

I managed to get my hands on a pre-release Titanium colour, which whilst it looks super smart, it does show up sweat patches. Something I'm sure the black and white colour ways won't do. As a side note, they noted the L1 jersey should also be coming in Red - I'd have preferred to see a navy version coming in.
Road - Burls Custom Ti
All Year - Rove ST
Gravel - Carbonda CFR 696
Instagram

knef

by knef

Stolichnaya wrote:So, reporting back on the DeMarchi Corsa Evo jersey.

Thanks for bringing this up. I'll give them a try. Seems good as training jersey. Hopefully sizing 1size down is enough to keep it from wrinkling/flapping.

by 879k

Looks good

fitty4

by fitty4

Another brand here: https://www.enzocycling.com/

wjs

by wjs

Was "void" already mentioned? Great looking stuff. No experience with them yet.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

micky

by micky

Search for the BikeRumor.com article about them and read the comments; it's good for a laugh.

Tomstr

by Tomstr

Do you have a link by any chance? ;)
Ride it like you stole it

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

I did read that BikeRumor article about VOID and thought the company rep was taking the banter so well that I sought out one of their jerseys. Ended up getting a last season simple one in red with a big VOID across the front.

Sizing: I'm 87 kg, 186 cm tall, 106 cm chest if I recall, but relatively broad shoulders and a longer torso. I was advised by VOID (who responded to emails pretty quickly) that I should be a size L in their jerseys. By that time only a size XL was available, so I took a chance. It worked out well, I could probably go with an L but it would be super skin tight. The XL is tight enough especially with a base layer and bib straps underneath.

It is a single color with black brand font across the front. The collar is very minimal/short like an aero jersey - I am not really a fan of this design and prefer a higher collar, but to each his own. Full zip is all I buy now, the torso is good in the length for me and the rear pockets seem to be well constructed (with one extra zipped pocket on the side for a key, etc.) The inside front of the collar has a splash of color with some WC hues in a tribal like design. Whatever, the wife likes it though. The sleeves are not the super long trend, but I don't like that long trend anyway. The VOID sleeve design has a good compromise length, but it may be that my shoulders fill that out a bit. The cuff of the sleeve is a wider band that is lightly rubberized to stay in place; they sit snugly without binding and without allowing wind through - somewhat similar to the LaPassione sleeve construction but a tad shorter in overall sleeve length.

The fabric color seems like it might be prone to fading around the stitching / seams, but time will tell. The price was very affordable, so potential problems like that are not a huge downer. Compared to the Rapha Core jersey I bought recently, the VOID fits much better and is lighter. VOID seems to have gone all black lately based on their site offerings, but it is solid stuff. I give it a thumbs up so far. If problems occur, I'll report back. If I don't report back, assume the jersey is doing its job.

micky

by micky

Tomstr wrote:Do you have a link by any chance? ;)

https://www.bikerumor.com/2016/12/27/sw ... hion-void/

My favourite one is
Looks like some family drama with a tragic ending…
. :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com