Body Size, Spacing, Chain Line, Etc.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

In New York suburbs the best type of bicycle for an average person is . . .

Poll ended at Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:15 pm

Track
No votes
Road
No votes
Mountain
No votes
Cruiser
No votes
Other
100%

Total votes: 1

eric044

by eric044

I have succeeded in understanding all of the various parts and how they may be taken apart and put back together. However, I am having real difficulty determining whether there is a trustworthy chart that shows how leg length, hip width, and overall height generally affects optimal sizing of: spindle length, rear axle length (assuming quick release), front axle length (assuming quick release), and crank length.

I have a straight chain line, which is better than crooked chain line according to what I've read, but I'm wondering if anyone has had more fun with a crooked chain line. I assume that if I get good answers to the foregoing I can find a great bicycle for me through a LBS or online dealer. Thank you.

eric044

by eric044

Also, I am looking at Aventon, Cannondale and Leader and would be interested in experiences. As to spacing, I wonder is there anything smaller than the 120mm rear track spacing? Is there a bike with something like 110mm spacing in the front and 115mm spacing in the rear?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com